Daniel Jeremiah top 50 2.0 Features 11 OL in top 40

Joe-Alt-scaled.jpg

NFL draft guru Daniel Jeremiah has released his second top 50 prospect list and it should come as no surprise that it’s contents are good news for the New York Jets.

In serious need of help on the offensive line, Jeremiah has eleven linemen in his top 50 with all of them actually coming in the top forty.  The lowest ranked lineman on his list is Arizona offensive tackle Jordan Morgan.

Top 50 prospects 2.0https://t.co/ZBEbN7WI22

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) February 26, 2024

Also on the list are:

OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame

OT Olu Fashanu, Penn State

OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State

OT JC Latham, Alabama

OT Troy Fautanu, Washington

OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma

OT Amarius Mims, Georgia

C/G Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

C/G Zack Frazier, West Virginia

C/G Graham Barton, Duke

Recently profiled by JetNation, wide receiver Malachi Corley also made the list as Jeremiah’s 44th ranked prospect.  In all, the wide receiver position edged out the O-line with 12 names in total.

The post Daniel Jeremiah top 50 2.0 Features 11 OL in top 40 appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

For this Jets team, you obviously trade down to get two picks in the top 40-50.

i want to see the difference in metrics between Fuaga and Guyton.  Oklahoma OL tend to be good. 

They need 4 O Lineman and a WR.

HAVE to trade back

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

i want to see the difference in metrics between Fuaga and Guyton.  Oklahoma OL tend to be good. 

Jacksonville could be a good trade partner. Can drop down to 17 and pick up a 2nd rounder. J-ville might move up for WR or maybe Bowers? 

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Jacksonville could be a good trade partner. Can drop down to 17 and pick up a 2nd rounder. J-ville might move up for WR or maybe Bowers? 

My dark horse team to trade up is New Orleans, leaping over denver, minny and LV to get a qb.  That would be great. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Right now, Guyton is my preferred trade down candidate. Can probably play either RT or LT in the pros, and has a high ceiling.

He might be rising out of trade-down territory, though.

• Post of the Week 1

I'm confident that if the Jets FO wants an O-lineman at #10, there will be one available and worthy.

Do I trust JD to pick the right one?  No, I don't.

Sadly, I very much doubt a truly good "trade down" scenario will be available.  All the top QB's in this class will be long gone by pick #10.  The guys left (Penix, Nix, Rattler, etc.) are very late 1st at best, more likely 2nd rounders most of them.

The only one that may still be there at #10 is McCarthy, but unless something major changes, I don't see anyone giving a huge haul to move up for McCarthy at this point.

Jets need to find a guy at #10 that fits a need, and does so for a long time.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Where's Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona. He's one of my favorite Ts who's projected late 1st - early 2nd. The LG from Kansas State as well.

Morgan is Jeremiah's 39th ranked prospect and Beebe is a likely round 2 pick.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, varjet said:

If a trade is a must, the two I’d want most are Guyton and Jackson Powers-Johnson.

Then you can sign the best FA Tackle on the market with those two on rookie deals.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

They need 4 O Lineman and a WR.

HAVE to trade back

We most likely will only need one by the time of the draft. First two picks - trade back from 10 - grab best OL on board unless Fashanu drops. Grab WR with our second pick if we trade back and then a young guy to develop on the line. 

laugh if you will but i have mock drafted at least 500+ times....

No matter what, staying at 10 results in a very weak draft class. I have NEVER stayed at 10 and thought I did well.

Trading 10 for a later 1st and picking up a second is a world of difference. In fact if you could trade down twice and pick around 30 and pick up a second and a third that usually nets a haul of talent. A wicked draft. Ok, trading down twice might be a lil far fetched but we can trade down for a second.

anyways when trading down I almost always pick up tyler guyton first, add a guy like OT Morgan or Beebe or Sumaritara second, then pick up a wr like mcmillan walker or wilson and then in the 4th blake corum and qb pratt. 

u need to trade down!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

He picked Becton who was a stud before missing two years due to injury.

He picked AVT who plays at an elite level when he's not injured (despite never being injured before getting here)

He picked Tippmann who was just named to the All rookie team.

He's 3 out of 3 in terms of finding OL talent in the first two rounds of the draft.

He's 1 out of 3 in finding guys who can stay healthy.  Blame the GM for the injuries if you like, but that's silly IMO.

Look...

You need to follow the narrative.

Fall in line bitch.

It does not matter that this roster is head and shoulders above what he inherited.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, hawk said:

Look...

You need to follow the narrative.

Fall in line bitch.

It does not matter that this roster is head and shoulders above what he inherited.

Sorry Aplogizing GIF by Luke Cosgrove

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm confident that if the Jets FO wants an O-lineman at #10, there will be one available and worthy.

Do I trust JD to pick the right one?  No, I don't.

Sadly, I very much doubt a truly good "trade down" scenario will be available.  All the top QB's in this class will be long gone by pick #10.  The guys left (Penix, Nix, Rattler, etc.) are very late 1st at best, more likely 2nd rounders most of them.

The only one that may still be there at #10 is McCarthy, but unless something major changes, I don't see anyone giving a huge haul to move up for McCarthy at this point.

Jets need to find a guy at #10 that fits a need, and does so for a long time.  

That said; IF Drake Maye slides, or someone like Alt is available and THAT is what one team needs to fill, they could move up for that.

We shall see in a month or so.

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

That said; IF Drake Maye slides, or someone like Alt is available and THAT is what one team needs to fill, they could move up for that.

Dare to dream, I suppose.  I don't see Maye sliding to #10.  Or #4 for that matter.

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

My dark horse team to trade up is New Orleans, leaping over denver, minny and LV to get a qb.  That would be great. 

there into Carr for big money and its just one year and you think there going to trade up for a QB?

thats a very dark horse your riding.

• WTF? 1

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If Alt or Fashanu are there you do not get cute you pick one of them.

If not then by all means trade down.

The Aaron Rodgers trade has proven to be very costly for this team.

Other than a trip to the AFC championship game this year, it is an unmitigated disaster.On every level.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2024 at 1:17 PM, HighPitch said:

laugh if you will but i have mock drafted at least 500+ times....

No matter what, staying at 10 results in a very weak draft class. I have NEVER stayed at 10 and thought I did well.

Trading 10 for a later 1st and picking up a second is a world of difference. In fact if you could trade down twice and pick around 30 and pick up a second and a third that usually nets a haul of talent. A wicked draft. Ok, trading down twice might be a lil far fetched but we can trade down for a second.

anyways when trading down I almost always pick up tyler guyton first, add a guy like OT Morgan or Beebe or Sumaritara second, then pick up a wr like mcmillan walker or wilson and then in the 4th blake corum and qb pratt. 

u need to trade down!

Staying at 10 also results in you getting "your guy", instead of settling for the best of the leftovers.  By all accounts Guyton has a ton of upside but might take some time.  Not really ideal for a "win now" season.  Mims, while a great prospect, has major injury concerns.  Latham is another one who looks like a solid prospect but played the worst game of his career when it mattered most.  Anything after that like Jordan Morgan or Kingsley Suamataia just doesn't excite me much at all.  

So, yes, if Olu or Fuaga are the guys you absolutely have to have, then staying at 10 makes the most sense.  You can very easily get a solid guard in the 3rd.  It also shouldn't be difficult to move up from the 3rd considering we have two 4ths.  Christian Haynes, Cooper Beebe, Graham Barton.  Those are all guys you could move up and get if you really want one.  Maybe stay put and take a guy like Zinter in the 3rd.

Either way, one of the OT spots will be solved through free agency at the very least.  That leaves two holes that need to be filled using the draft.  Both can be filled without moving down from 10.  If Guyton is their "guy", that's one thing.  If they see Fuaga and Olu as clearly a tier above, then no I'm not moving down.  Why would we **** around when trying to finally solve our OL problem?  Just because we're missing a 2nd rounder(a round that has mostly yielded us pain and misery)?

If it were up to me, I'm keeping that pick.  Take Fuaga or Olu(after you signed a guy like Brown or Smith for the other OT spot - they can play either).  Slap a 4th onto your 3rd, maybe a late pick in 2025 if needed, and move up for a guard who can step in day one.  Boom.  Good to go.  

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Staying at 10 also results in you getting "your guy", instead of settling for the best of the leftovers.  By all accounts Guyton has a ton of upside but might take some time.  Not really ideal for a "win now" season.  Mims, while a great prospect, has major injury concerns.  Latham is another one who looks like a solid prospect but played the worst game of his career when it mattered most.  Anything after that like Jordan Morgan or Kingsley Suamataia just doesn't excite me much at all.  

So, yes, if Olu or Fuaga are the guys you absolutely have to have, then staying at 10 makes the most sense.  You can very easily get a solid guard in the 3rd.  It also shouldn't be difficult to move up from the 3rd considering we have two 4ths.  Christian Haynes, Cooper Beebe, Graham Barton.  Those are all guys you could move up and get if you really want one.  Maybe stay put and take a guy like Zinter in the 3rd.

Either way, one of the OT spots will be solved through free agency at the very least.  That leaves two holes that need to be filled using the draft.  Both can be filled without moving down from 10.  If Guyton is their "guy", that's one thing.  If they see Fuaga and Olu as clearly a tier above, then no I'm not moving down.  Why would we **** around when trying to finally solve our OL problem?  Just because we're missing a 2nd rounder(a round that has mostly yielded us pain and misery)?

If it were up to me, I'm keeping that pick.  Take Fuaga or Olu(after you signed a guy like Brown or Smith for the other OT spot - they can play either).  Slap a 4th onto your 3rd, maybe a late pick in 2025 if needed, and move up for a guard who can step in day one.  Boom.  Good to go.  

Fair enough but a lot of what you say is based on Olu being available which is unlikely. That leaves Fuaga who may or may not be the third best. Guyton could be better or as good. Id rather have more pics and hedge my bets rather than put all my eggs in the Fuaga basket. Hell tbqh if i stayed at 10 im taking a qb.

This team is not built to win now. There is no 2 year window. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/27/2024 at 10:14 AM, AFJF said:

He picked AVT who plays at an elite level when he's not injured (despite never being injured before getting here)

He's 3 out of 3 in terms of finding OL talent in the first two rounds of the draft.

He's 1 out of 3 in finding guys who can stay healthy.  Blame the GM for the injuries if you like, but that's silly IMO.

ok hes good at picking guards in the first round!  imo, you need to pick starting guards in the 3rd and 4th rounds  first rounders are for LTs and becton was the riskiest tackle in that class . hes no guru

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Fair enough but a lot of what you say is based on Olu being available which is unlikely. That leaves Fuaga who may or may not be the third best. Guyton could be better or as good. Id rather have more pics and hedge my bets rather than put all my eggs in the Fuaga basket. Hell tbqh if i stayed at 10 im taking a qb.

This team is not built to win now. There is no 2 year window. 

Is this because of the coaching staff?  If so I can buy that.  If we're strictly talking talent though, I don't see why not - and I highly doubt the Jets are thinking this way right now.  Again, outside of the coaching staff, there are three things holding them back.  One of which they already have on the roster:  their starting QB.  The other two they need to address this offseason:  OL and WR2.  If they are addressed, I don't see why they couldn't win now.  What exactly would be holding them back?  Or are we just assuming Rodgers will go down again?

...and yes Fuaga is universally considered one of the top-3 OTs in this draft.  Some even have him above Fashanu. 

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Is this because of the coaching staff?  If so I can buy that.  If we're strictly talking talent though, I don't see why not - and I highly doubt the Jets are thinking this way right now.  Again, outside of the coaching staff, there are three things holding them back.  One of which they already have on the roster:  their starting QB.  The other two they need to address this offseason:  OL and WR2.  If they are addressed, I don't see why they couldn't win now.  What exactly would be holding them back?  Or are we just assuming Rodgers will go down again?

...and yes Fuaga is universally considered one of the top-3 OTs in this draft.  Some even have him above Fashanu. 

fair enough again

whats holding them back? the worst o line in the league, horrible coaching and culture, AR probably not going to be the AR we all remember. yea, I am assuming i get that but IMO this is all just a bunch of nothingness and it needs to be blown up all over again with a new gm and head coach and a young drafted qb that is at least proficient.

IF AR balls the f out and stays healthy next year then ok, maybe. I hope I am wrong

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

fair enough again

whats holding them back? the worst o line in the league, horrible coaching and culture, AR probably not going to be the AR we all remember. yea, I am assuming i get that but IMO this is all just a bunch of nothingness and it needs to be blown up all over again with a new gm and head coach and a young drafted qb that is at least proficient.

IF AR balls the f out and stays healthy next year then ok, maybe. I hope I am wrong

Well yeah, again there will be 3 new starters on this OL next year, plus you'd assume/hope a healthy AVT, and a developing Tippmann.  No one knows what this OL will be.  We'll see on Rodgers.  "Probably not" is just glass half empty sh*t.  Even if he's not the same old Rodgers, he could still be a top-10 QB in the league, which would probably put him as the 2nd best QB we've ever had.  

Not sure I agree with "nothingness".  I think there's definitely "something" here.  An elite D and an offense that has a young #1 WR, young #1 RB, and a QB only a couple years removed from back-to-back MVPs.  Plus at least two core OL pieces already in place.  Obviously there is a lot of work to be done to round out the roster, but "nothingness"?  C'mon now.  

Either way this is all irrelevant.  You're saying we should draft for the future, meanwhile the regime here know they are on the hot seat, so that ain't gonna happen.  They'll take the guy who can best help them in 2024.  Trading down and taking a kid viewed as an "investment" is just something they can't afford to do(Guyton).

4 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Well yeah, again there will be 3 new starters on this OL next year, plus you'd assume/hope a healthy AVT, and a developing Tippmann.  No one knows what this OL will be.  We'll see on Rodgers.  "Probably not" is just glass half empty sh*t.  Even if he's not the same old Rodgers, he could still be a top-10 QB in the league, which would probably put him as the 2nd best QB we've ever had.  

Not sure I agree with "nothingness".  I think there's definitely "something" here.  An elite D and an offense that has a young #1 WR, young #1 RB, and a QB only a couple years removed from back-to-back MVPs.  Plus at least two core OL pieces already in place.  Obviously there is a lot of work to be done to round out the roster, but "nothingness"?  C'mon now.  

Either way this is all irrelevant.  You're saying we should draft for the future, meanwhile the regime here know they are on the hot seat, so that ain't gonna happen.  They'll take the guy who can best help them in 2024.  Trading down and taking a kid viewed as an "investment" is just something they can't afford to do(Guyton).

I have been optimistic last season and this season supporting zach and whatnot. Around midseason/lateseason i reached my limit. The O is horrid. The coaching and culture alone is enough to make me lose faith even for next year.

like i said i hope i am in for a pleasant surprise next season but i am rightfully a skeptic. You have not reached your darkest hour yet. I have. Hope u r right

21 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I have been optimistic last season and this season supporting zach and whatnot. Around midseason/lateseason i reached my limit. The O is horrid. The coaching and culture alone is enough to make me lose faith even for next year.

like i said i hope i am in for a pleasant surprise next season but i am rightfully a skeptic. You have not reached your darkest hour yet. I have. Hope u r right

If we're talking coaching staff, 100%.  They haven't given us a damn thing to be optimistic about.  Strictly from a player personnel standpoint though, there is a clear core in place that should really not be that difficult to build around.  

I've seen plenty of dark sh*t with this team, I just know that the pieces on this offense are clearly miles ahead of anything we've had to work with for a really long time.  

On 2/27/2024 at 8:14 AM, AFJF said:

I still got my money on resigning Becton to a prove it deal to play RT, signing a few free agents and drafting a LT. 

Line is set as long as injuries dont ravage it again...when healthy Becky can play RT, AVT at LG, sign a starting RG, Tippman at C and draft a LT. 

Book it.

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I still got my money on resigning Becton to a prove it deal to play RT, signing a few free agents and drafting a LT. 

Line is set as long as injuries dont ravage it again...when healthy Becky can play RT, AVT at LG, sign a starting RG, Tippman at C and draft a LT. 

Book it.

This is as close to "Run it back!" as you can get.  Counting on Becton to be healthy has proven a horrible idea for three years running.  Also, I think at least two of the top four T prospects are considered RT only - Fuaga and Latham.  Injuries have ravaged it again a few years running.  I expect more of the same.  This plan is very likely and I hate it.

• Upvote 1