Jets Meet With Possible top 10 Edge Rusher at NFL Combine

JD: "hey Dallas....if you can tell me who the top OL guys you have gone up against, i promise you wont be a jet..."

Dallas: "ohhhhhhhh yea well blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah"

40 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets cannot hire a Mike McDaniel, for example.   He would get eaten alive here.  They need an HC with a strong personality and experience.  Vrabel has been able to put together an offensive staff.   He could stand up to Woody and the NY media.  

McCarthy could work after he gets fired.  Vrabel could work.  Harbaugh would have been great.  Saleh was good on paper but turned out to be an uncommitted flake who can't build a staff.  

I don't see Saleh surviving 2024.    Hess did the same thing with the first time HCs.  He eventually got the joke, I think 2025 is when Woody gets the joke.  Hopefully.  

I think Saleh gets fired mid season. It's not going to end well. Not a fan of Vrabel. 

• Upvote 3

There is some logic to looking at this lb.  They will need to replace huff if he takes a different free agent offer.  That alone would free up the money to get a good tackle in free agency.  To replace huff, or maybe even Moseley, this guy makes sense.  In a sense they would get the same player performance for the same resources.

Just now, rangerous said:

There is some logic to looking at this lb.  They will need to replace huff if he takes a different free agent offer.  That alone would free up the money to get a good tackle in free agency.  To replace huff, or maybe even Moseley, this guy makes sense.  In a sense they would get the same player performance for the same resources.

For a part time UDFA this Huff sure seems important.  I mean we are replacing him with consecutive picks in the top half of the first round!  FWIW, he also seems like a poor fit to replace Mosley.

It’s endlessly fascinating how it’s like the board forgets how the offseason works every darn time lol.  This happens every year. 

The same thing will happen with the 30 guys they have in for visits.  

hint: it’s not going to be 20 o-linemen and 10 WRs

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

For a part time UDFA this Huff sure seems important.  I mean we are replacing him with consecutive picks in the top half of the first round!  FWIW, he also seems like a poor fit to replace Mosley.

Yep.  I think some of the love huff is getting is a little over the top.  He makes plays but he’s not every down.  Presumably saleh and Ulbrich know how to use him.  Another thing I think is that at some point the offenses are going to catch up with the nine wide so maybe the jets defense needs to be tweaked a bit.

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

All we need is to get back a 2nd rounder so we could draft a fb

edge, fullback followed by safety

followed by a woody tweet asking how do you like us now?

Everyone knows smart teams draft safeties in the 2nd round right after they draft one top ten.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Why are people fixated on Vrabel. Just more of the same IMO. We need a QB focused HC

Because he looks tough standing on the sideline screaming at officials while Derrick Henry runs over people.

If Saleh would rant and rave people here would love his “tough guy” approach too.

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Because he looks tough standing on the sideline screaming at officials while Derrick Henry runs over people.

If Saleh would rant and rave people here would love his “tough guy” approach too.

Nah.  It's because posters here only remember that time five years ago that he won two playoff games while Derrick Henry ran over people.  They didn't notice that Saleh has a better record over the past two years.  If he were here and we had to watch him every day people would be sick of him and hate every little thing about him.  His watch, his belt, his hobbies, his press conferences, where he lived while his house was being built.  Just like they feel about Saleh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:01 AM, JetNation said:

Dallas-Turner.jpg

With the NFL combine underway, expect to hear the names of several players who met with the Jets coming to light throughout the course of the week.  One name that popped up today is projected early first-round edge defender Dallas Turner.

Alabama LB Dallas Turner met yesterday with the Jets pic.twitter.com/xyOzrDxVIi

— Jets Videos (@snyjets) February 28, 2024

The number 11 player on Daniel Jeremiah’s latest top 50 list, Turner was one of the best defenders in the nation for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

The 6′ 4” 245 Turner racked up 10 sacks and 14 tackles for loss last season at ‘Bama, giving him 22 and 32 respectively for his career.

The post Jets Meet With Possible top 10 Edge Rusher at NFL Combine appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

If the Jets draft an edge rusher with any of the first 3 or 4 picks I will punch someone right in the mouth

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Larz said:

It’s endlessly fascinating how it’s like the board forgets how the offseason works every darn time lol.  This happens every year. 

The same thing will happen with the 30 guys they have in for visits.  

hint: it’s not going to be 20 o-linemen and 10 WRs

So does the losing.

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's a dangerous game.  There have been several reports that teams do not have all these tackles rated the same.  It isn't like a the straight 1, 2, 3 list of prospects.  Some teams/media outlets seem to love Fuaga.  Others say he is a guard and going in the 2nd.  There are reports that teams find Alt and Fashanu stiff and not top of the draft type prospects.  The Jets may be happy with a "solid pro" or Russell Okung level T, but the teams selecting earlier may not.

Guyton and Mims are athletic freaks that probably have the skills to be in the top of the draft but Guyton has maturity concerns.  I have not read much about what they are, and that talk is often just smoke that we can't read through without interviewing them, but for a team that whiffed on Becton, Wilson and Moore, it scares the sh*t out of me. 

Hey these are kids and kids do kiddie things like smoke pot through a gas mask.  And Laremy Tunsil, for all the worry and fear from that cuckoo antic, turned out to be a heck of a tackle.  The draft is a roll of the dice. There is no sure bet.  

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Hey these are kids and kids do kiddie things like smoke pot through a gas mask.  And Laremy Tunsil, for all the worry and fear from that cuckoo antic, turned out to be a heck of a tackle.  The draft is a roll of the dice. There is no sure bet.  

There is no sure bet, but it isn't exactly just throwing darts at a position group.  You have to take things into account.  That is what the interviews are for.  

Guys didn’t you hear coach Salad explain to us the need to have rested d linemen because we were going to be playing with a lot of leads with Aaron Rodgers?  Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard a professional coach say out loud.   Now if we can just restructure Carl Lawson, resign huff and draft an edge at 10 we should be in good position to try and preserve at least a tie at 0-0.