Possible Suitor for Wilson

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, nothing about either one says racist to me.  
It’s not a cool accusation either. 

Umm, calling people too white is racist, not liking someone because they are a white person from Utah is racist, neithe have been shy about it and posted it multiple times 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Whoever the 3rd string QB on the Jets this year is likely to get a lot of playing time.  It should not be Zach.  But yes, those 3 will be giddy if it is him.

Between 41 year old Achilles Aaron and Concussion Taylor...

The #3 QB on the Jets is going to play a big role this season.

ZW will be cut.  Jets know they can't have him on the field with this fan base again.

If you’re hoping to get anything of quality starts from any 3rd stringer you’re in for a big disappointment, he’ll most teams season is over if it comes to their second string qb let alone 3rd. All of this nonsense is emotional drivel, not logic 

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

If you’re hoping to get anything of quality starts from any 3rd stringer you’re in for a big disappointment, he’ll most teams season is over if it comes to their second string qb let alone 3rd. All of this nonsense is emotional drivel, not logic 

Not really. If the 3 is a draft pick then the player is an unknown. Purdy was the 3rd stringer at one point too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not really. If the 3 is a draft pick then the player is an unknown. Purdy was the 3rd stringer at one point too.

And even if the rookie 3rd stringer sucks a$$ (likely) it’s still far more interesting to watch games with a young QB to evaluate than a clear failure veteran in Zach friggin Wilson.   

Football is entertainment and Zach Wilson doesn’t entertain me.  Get him as far away from the Jets’ QB3 spot as possible regardless.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And even if the rookie 3rd stringer sucks a$$ (likely) it’s still far more interesting to watch games with a young QB to evaluate than a clear failure veteran in Zach friggin Wilson.   

Football is entertainment and Zach Wilson doesn’t entertain me.  Get him as far away from the Jets’ QB3 spot as possible regardless.

The correct football move would be to draft a QB and give him the lions share of the preseason reps. Also, release Wilson and cut the cord. We really gonna give Wilson more reps?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Yes, it's because of the fanbase and it has nothing to do with him being f*cking awful at football. 😅

Eh.  Any 3rd string QB is going to be awful.  As far the 3rd string QB's go - he's fine.

But they can't run him out there when Taylor goes down with another concussion (he's had 4 in 5 years)  They can't have fans booing by the 3rd play.  

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is a strange take. So the Jets shouldn’t be drafting a QB?

Who the hell said that ? I wouldn’t let this idiotic staff touch a high draft pick, and think anyone they draft is a wasted pick, but if they want to take a flyer on a later one fine, but expecting to get production out of them is silly

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Emotional?  It's quite logical the Jets 3rd QB is likely to play this year.  

Rodgers will be 41 coming off season ending surgery on his Achilles.  There is more than a good chance he's going to get hurt again.  Tyrod Taylor has had 4 concussions in the past 5 years.  He's one blown block away from ending his career.

Now, if we're lucky you have a 3rd string QB come in for a game or two (even if he loses both) the season can still be okay Taylor is only out for a week or two.....but having the fan base booing a 3rd string is never a good look - could derail any good will the team has generated.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The correct football move would be to draft a QB and give him the lions share of the preseason reps. Also, release Wilson and cut the cord. We really gonna give Wilson more reps?

This would be the way a smart organization would handle it.

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Emotional?  It's quite logical the Jets 3rd QB is likely to play this year.  

Rodgers will be 41 coming off season ending surgery on his Achilles.  There is more than a good chance he's going to get hurt again.  Tyrod Taylor has had 4 concussions in the past 5 years.  He's one blown block away from ending his career.

Now, if we're lucky you have a 3rd string QB come in for a game or two (even if he loses both) the season can still be okay Taylor is only out for a week or two.....but having the fan base booing a 3rd string is never a good look - could derail any good will the team has generated.

Zw is not going to be on the roster, and you’re not going to get a good 3rd string qb, we can’t even find a good first string qb, and all the genius jets fans now want a good 3rd string qb?

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This would be the way a smart organization would handle it.

A smart organization would hire good competent coaches who have a legit plan for the qb position, not hire and keep Saleh. We are not a smart organization, expecting our dumb organization to magically pick a good 3rd string qb as a draft pick, when we can’t even pick a good 1st string qb, is like expecting to hit the lottery

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Zw is not going to be on the roster, and you’re not going to get a good 3rd string qb, we can’t even find a good first string qb, and all the genius jets fans now want a good 3rd string qb?

Nope.  Never said we're going to have a good 3rd string QB.  Don't expect one.

I just don't want him getting booed after his first incompletion.

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

A smart organization would hire good competent coaches who have a legit plan for the qb position, not hire and keep Saleh. We are not a smart organization, expecting our dumb organization to magically pick a good 3rd string qb as a draft pick, when we can’t even pick a good 1st string qb, is like expecting to hit the lottery

I think the point he was making, with which I agree.  Is, as you say, you're not getting a third string QB isn't going to be good regardless of who he is - it might as well be a mid round draft pic that can take pre-season reps and start to learn the position.

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh.  Any 3rd string QB is going to be awful.  As far the 3rd string QB's go - he's fine.

But they can't run him out there when Taylor goes down with another concussion (he's had 4 in 5 years)  They can't have fans booing by the 3rd play.  

He's so fine as QB3 that nobody wants him. He's awful even for QB3 and you know it. His best bet is the UFL as QB2.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the point he was making, with which I agree.  Is, as you say, you're not getting a third string QB isn't going to be good regardless of who he is - it might as well be a mid round draft pic that can take pre-season reps and start to learn the position.

Fine, In the grand scheme of things this is deck chairs on the titanic. Everyone so emo over zw when we have a God awful regime in place and nobody says boo about that but 30+ pages on our 3rd string qb , which is irrelevant 

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope.  Never said we're going to have a good 3rd string QB.  Don't expect one.

I just don't want him getting booed after his first incompletion.

cry baby GIF

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The correct football move would be to bring in a coach with an understanding of the qb position

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Fine, In the grand scheme of things this is deck chairs on the titanic. Everyone so emo over zw when we have a God awful regime in place and nobody says boo about that but 30+ pages on our 3rd string qb , which is irrelevant 

This is a Jet forum.  I guess you can ignore this thread and go back and debate if you think Brock Bowers is big enough.

All I said was I think it would be dumb to keep ZW on the roster, even as the 3rd string QB.  No emo here.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a Jet forum.  I guess you can ignore this thread and go back and debate if you think Brock Bowers is big enough.

All I said was I think it would be dumb to keep ZW on the roster, even as the 3rd string QB.  No emo here.

Your reasoning is you don't want to see him booed. That's as emo as you can get 😅

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not accusing you of emo, the fan base which is the dumbest in all of sports, is emotional, third string Qbs are irrelevant , and he won’t be on roster

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol, what fng 3rd string qb is entertaining anyone, just when I think some people can’t get any dumber…..

Just now, bicketybam said:

Your reasoning is you don't want to see him booed. That's as emo as you get 😅

Strictly W/L football reasoning.  Having a QB booed is bad for the team.  No organization wants their players being booed, nor should the fan base want that...

When the 3rd string QB comes in, you would want the team and fans to rally around him and try and steal a win.

That is all.  If you want to make it out to be more than that, go for it. 

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Not accusing you of emo, the fan base which is the dumbest in all of sports, is emotional, third string Qbs are irrelevant , and he won’t be on roster

Just my strong opinion that our 3rd string QB is likely to play meaningful reps this year.  He might end up being important if we're lucky and it's only for a game or two.  So he might end up being relevant if he can steal a game.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just my strong opinion that our 3rd string QB is likely to play meaningful reps this year.  He might end up being important if we're lucky and it's only for a game or two.  So he might end up being relevant if he can steal a game.

If our third string qb is playing any meaningful reps our season is over, as is most teams 

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

If our third string qb is playing any meaningful reps our season is over, as is most teams 

Plenty of teams kept afloat while playing 3rd or 4th QB’s last season. 

• Upvote 1