Possible Suitor for Wilson

Athleticism and the ability to make off schedule throws is 1 of the LEAST IMPORTANT factors in determing a QB prospects value. 

Does he know how to move in the pocket? Does he sense the pass rush? Does he go through his reads fast enough and get the ball out with accuracy? Is he a leader? To a lesser degree, hows his arm strength? More importantly, can he change speeds and manipulate arc on the ball? Can he deliver the ball when he knows he's about to get hit?

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Who?

Vikings Kirk Cousins, Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall and Josh Dobbs

Bengals Joe Burrow, Jeff Driskel and Jake Browning 

Steelers Kenny Pickett, Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph. 

Browns DeShaun Watson, PJ Walker, Joe Flacco

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Fine, In the grand scheme of things this is deck chairs on the titanic. Everyone so emo over zw when we have a God awful regime in place and nobody says boo about that but 30+ pages on our 3rd string qb , which is irrelevant 

You  realize that 10 plus percent of those 30 pages is you, right?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh.  Any 3rd string QB is going to be awful.  As far the 3rd string QB's go - he's fine.

But they can't run him out there when Taylor goes down with another concussion (he's had 4 in 5 years)  They can't have fans booing by the 3rd play.  

Players that were 3rd string QB include Russell Wilson, Brock Purdy and Kirk Cousins.  I will be booing if he is on the roster let alone on the field

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will be booing if he is on the roster let alone on the field

If he makes it to the field, I will be cursing out Woody Johnson!  When Woody said Zach was an asset, I think he meant to say he was an ass, etc...  Get it: ass-et.

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Players that were 3rd string QB include Russell Wilson, Brock Purdy and Kirk Cousins.  I will be booing if he is on the roster let alone on the field

So you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning at the same time as being eaten by a shark than you do of having your third string quarterback amount to anything, good to know 

Fine, In the grand scheme of things this is deck chairs on the titanic. Everyone so emo over zw when we have a God awful regime in place and nobody says boo about that but 30+ pages on our 3rd string qb , which is irrelevant 
I really would like to see, if, when he is cut .. he has zero options. If that happens i'd be pretty surprised. He will need to drop his salary demands into true backup land ... time will tell ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Exactly. 

1) Which is why ZW should have already been cut

2) I am for drafting a mid round QB and let him take all the pre-season reps and learn behind two vets.  But expecting him to carry the team when called upon would be very, very rare.

24 minutes ago, Barton said:

Didnt Woody say a few weeks ago they were offered something for Zach but turned it down?

I haven't heard that but what would you say if a team offered us a 7th for Wilson and a 5th with the Jets paying his contract. Would you do that? Because if there was an offer it was probably something along those lines.

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I haven't heard that but what would you say if a team offered us a 7th for Wilson and a 5th with the Jets paying his contract. Would you do that? Because if there was an offer it was probably something along those lines.

They should absolutely take a deal like that, but it appears as if the offers are more along the lines of a seventh round pick swap with the Jets picking up most of the remaining deal. Douglas and Saleh have been openly saying they’re ready to get Zach out of the building. The only stumbling block is getting Woody to write the check, which he feels he shouldn’t have to do for a player that he was led to believe was Young Mahomes. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Do trades like that ever happen in the NFL though? Dont recall that ever happening where a team givings up notable draft pick value to unload a guy. More of an NBA thing, no?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They should absolutely take a deal like that, but it appears as if the offers are more along the lines of a seventh round pick swap with the Jets picking up most of the remaining deal. Douglas and Saleh have been openly saying they’re ready to get Zach out of the building. The only stumbling block is getting Woody to write the check, which he feels he shouldn’t have to do for a player that he was led to believe was Young Mahomes. 

The deal I described is worse than cutting him. We lose a 5th, gain a 7th and have the same cash outlay and dead cap hit. How the hell is that a deal they should absolutely take?! 

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Do trades like that ever happen in the NFL though? Dont recall that ever happening where a team givings up notable draft pick value to unload a guy. More of an NBA thing, no?

No, but apparently T0m thinks it's a good deal 😅

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The deal I described is worse than cutting him. We lose a 5th, gain a 7th and have the same cash outlay and dead cap hit. How the hell is that a deal they should absolutely take?! 

Ah. I misread. I thought we would the fifth back

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The easiest thing to do is release him.

4 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

So you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning at the same time as being eaten by a shark than you do of having your third string quarterback amount to anything, good to know 

You've been hit by lightning while being eaten by a shark three times this decade?  Cool.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Almost surreal that the people who drafted this guy second overall and gave him $30 million dollars of Woody Johnson’s mom’s money were allowed to keep their jobs. 

IMG_5136.jpeg

Yeah the 49ers can’t wait to pay $7 million for Zach to be their third stringer 

10 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Umm, calling people too white is racist, not liking someone because they are a white person from Utah is racist, neithe have been shy about it and posted it multiple times 

Yeah no.  They’re not racist.  

On 4/20/2024 at 7:49 PM, Matt39 said:

That’s the look of a place of when your son gets kicked out of the dorms and you need a pre furnished place for a month to finish the semester before you send him to Salt Lake Community College 

What it’s not though is proof that he didn’t move to and live in NJ, close to 1JD.  Actually it’s proof he did.  Something you claimed he didn’t commit to.  

10 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Umm, calling people too white is racist, not liking someone because they are a white person from Utah is racist, neithe have been shy about it and posted it multiple times 

Zach Wilson would suck in any skin color