Possible Suitor for Wilson

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

They aren’t carrying 4 QBs. The owner has also said they aren’t cutting him. 

if youre belief is that the owner wants to do waht is best for ZW over anything else, they will either trade hm or release him, being 3rd string QB or lower in no way helps ZW, it hurts him, he wants out, try using some logic instead of emotion

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Counterpoint:  What "optics"?  In this scenario, he'd be the inactive/P.S. #3 QB and never be seen on camera on gamedays.

Is it your view that Aaron Rodgers will in some way lose the locker room to a busted P.S. #3 QB's "entitled" attitude?

Seen or unseen, the media will mention that clown every chance they get and create stories where there are none just to stick it to the Jets as the national media tends to do every chance they get. It's hard enough for the Jets to get any kind of respect and to be taken seriously nationally (and deservedly so), and as long as that clown is still milling about in Florham Park, he is a distraction. He was a massive mistake by the current Jets regime and it is beyond me why they would want such a polarizing player around for another season to remind everyone how incompetent they have been.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

if youre belief is that the owner wants to do waht is best for ZW over anything else, they will either trade hm or release him, being 3rd string QB or lower in no way helps ZW, it hurts him, he wants out, try using some logic instead of emotion

My belief is Wilson isn’t on a roster unless it’s the Jets. I think there’s been a collective agreement between both sides this offseason.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Seen or unseen, the media will mention that clown every chance they get and create stories where there are none just to stick it to the Jets as the national media tends to do every chance they get. It's hard enough for the Jets to get any kind of respect and to be taken seriously nationally (and deservedly so), and as long as that clown is still milling about in Florham Park, he is a distraction. He was a massive mistake by the current Jets regime and it is beyond me why they would want such a polarizing player around for another season to remind everyone how incompetent they have been.

Pretty much. Purely from a football standpoint he is an obvious cut/release.  Zach playing in the preseason is not something this team needs. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My belief is Wilson isn’t on a roster unless it’s the Jets. I think there’s been a collective agreement between both sides this offseason.

this is deranged, but not unexpected from you. So no other team has any interest in even picking him up, fine, but he is getting the same money either way, in what deranged way does having him on a roster help anyone? You really have gone off the deep end

• Upvote 1

Seen or unseen, the media will mention that clown every chance they get and create stories where there are none just to stick it to the Jets as the national media tends to do every chance they get.

Sorry, I don't buy the tear-filled victim complex some fans engage in.  The media is entirely irrelevant to the team, it's only relevant to fans.

It's hard enough for the Jets to get any kind of respect and to be taken seriously nationally (and deservedly so), and as long as that clown is still milling about in Florham Park, he is a distraction.

To who?  You?  Matt?  Bitt?  Who cares. 

Do you really think Aaron Rodgers will let the P.S. #3 QB distract the TEAM?  

Respect is earned, not given.  Respect will come if we go 12-5 and win the Division.  Fail, and we'll fail to get it.  Rightfully so.

He was a massive mistake by the current Jets regime and it is beyond me why they would want such a polarizing player around for another season to remind everyone how incompetent they have been.

To save a few million dollars seems like the motivation.

That, or they won't, and he'll be cut to trade at the draft of thereafter, and all this hot air will be for nothing come opening day.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

this is deranged, but not unexpected from you. So no other team has any interest in even picking him up, fine, but he is getting the same money either way, in what deranged way does having him on a roster help anyone? You really have gone off the deep end

Are you a BYU alum? If Zach is cut loose he’s going to be competing for a 3rd string job. He’s going to have to make the team. It’s not like the Jets where he’s on scholarship. He’s going to play a ton in the preseason if he sees another roster and be forced to make the team off of performance/merit. Nothing deranged (lol) about that. It’s football.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are you a BYU alum? If Zach is cut loose he’s going to be competing for a 3rd string job. He’s going to have to make the team. It’s not like the Jets where he’s on scholarship. He’s going to play a ton in the preseason if he sees another roster and be forced to make the team off of performance/merit. Nothing deranged (lol) about that. It’s football.

everything about your zw obsession is deranged, its beyond freaky. I expect it from some of the clowns on this site but you historically have been a logical good poster. SOmething about ZW has put you over the deep edge.

I have zero care in the world for ZW, if he got hit by a bus tomorrow I will feel nothing more than I would for any other human being. 

I am a Jets fan, hating on ZW and ignoring the rest of the sh*t show that is the Jets is like watching your burning house and fretting over the paint color you don't like in the spare bathroom, meaningless.

Getting rid of ZW does not make the Jets any better, bringing in a new regime does. 

38 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

vindicates me? in what way? becasue I havent been a little emo bitch running around crying how bad he sucks? And I will keep saying you want to fix the QB position, get the right coach, getting rid of ZW does not fix the QB position, getting a good QB fixes it, not getting rid of bad ones. Its only you emo little girls who don/t follow logic

I look forward to Zach making me eat crow next season.  

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

everything about your zw obsession is deranged, its beyond freaky. I expect it from some of the clowns on this site but you historically have been a logical good poster. SOmething about ZW has put you over the deep edge.

I have zero care in the world for ZW, if he got hit by a bus tomorrow I will feel nothing more than I would for any other human being. 

I am a Jets fan, hating on ZW and ignoring the rest of the sh*t show that is the Jets is like watching your burning house and fretting over the paint color you don't like in the spare bathroom, meaningless.

Getting rid of ZW does not make the Jets any better, bringing in a new regime does. 

I think he’s on the team for bullsh*t reasons. Not deranged but that doesn’t bother me if you think so. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

ZW has ruined 3 straight seasons for us an will ruin next season too.  But I guess staying plain facts now is “obsession”

23 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

i think your obsession with ZW is deranged

A lot of people trying to sweep under the rug that he was the highest QB picked by the Jets since Namath. He’s going to be talked about a lot, especially since they refuse to move on.

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, I don't buy the tear-filled victim complex some fans engage in.  The media is entirely irrelevant to the team, it's only relevant to fans.

To who?  You?  Matt?  Bitt?  Who cares. 

Respect is earned, not given.  Respect will come if we go 12-5 and win the Division.  Fail, and we'll fail to get it.  Rightfully so.

To save a few million dollars seems like the motivation.

That, or they won't, and he'll be cut to trade at the draft of thereafter, and all this hot air will be for nothing come opening day.

The media DOES matter. It doesn't affect on field performance, but it subtly affects many other aspects of the team. The very negative perception of the team over the years in addition to poor play, a terrible front office, and terrible ownership has been perpetuated a thousand fold by the media and contributes to their inability to hire top tier coaches, front office people, and free agent players. Consistently winning solves this problem to some degree but not completely. Years of negative press (deserved and otherwise) flowing into the consciousness of the league is the kind of indoctrination that isn't easily swept aside or forgotten about. Is this a bit of hyperbole on my part? Yes, but Zack Wilson has me on the frayed ends of sanity over the last few years! F**k that guy already!

Seriously though, if nothing else, Zack being on the roster, regardless of his role, can be a potential distraction to the team which is all that really matters. He has been a polarizing player for 3 seasons and had at least half of the team rooting for a 3rd string QB to start over him at one point. Why the hell would you want someone like that anywhere near the locker room of a team that should be laser focused on a deep playoff run this season?

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The media DOES matter. It doesn't affect on field performance, but it subtly affects many other aspects of the team. The very negative perception of the team over the years in addition to poor play, a terrible front office, and terrible ownership has been perpetuated a thousand fold by the media and contributes to their inability to hire top tier coaches, front office people, and free agent players. Consistently winning solves this problem to some degree but not completely. Years of negative press (deserved and otherwise) flowing into the consciousness of the league is the kind of indoctrination that isn't easily swept aside or forgotten about. Is this a bit of hyperbole on my part? Yes, but Zack Wilson has me on the frayed ends of sanity over the last few years! F**k that guy already!

Seriously though, if nothing else, Zack being on the roster, regardless of his role, can be a potential distraction to the team which is all that really matters. He has been a polarizing player for 3 seasons and had at least half of the team rooting for a 3rd string QB to start over him at one point. Why the hell would you want someone like that anywhere near the locker room of a team that should be laser focused on a deep playoff run this season?

Yes. From a football perspective, he is an obvious cut. Yet he hangs around. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

you do realize they brought in a real # 2 QB in Taylor this year, they did not have that last year. Stop being so emo, I like logical Rich much more than emo rich

There's such a thing?

27 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The media DOES matter. It doesn't affect on field performance, but it subtly affects many other aspects of the team.

I think Fans think this, but generally isn't true..

Years of negative press (deserved and otherwise) flowing into the consciousness of the league is the kind of indoctrination that isn't easily swept aside or forgotten about.

And yet, good players keep signing here, and there is no evidence we do any worse in FA than anyone else, generally.  if anything, the horror-show tax rates in NY are more of a factor than the media.

Is this a bit of hyperbole on my part? Yes, but Zack Wilson has me on the frayed ends of sanity over the last few years! F**k that guy already!

I'm being a little bit Devil's Advocate here, because I too want him gone.  I'm just not worried if he's gone today or gone in July, he's gone either way and the date makes no meaningful difference.

Seriously though, if nothing else, Zack being on the roster, regardless of his role, can be a potential distraction to the team which is all that really matters.

I just don't buy that tbh.  Aaron Rodgers is the QB.  Not Zach.  Tyrod is the #2, not Zach.  Both would have to go down AND JD not sign another QB, for him to play.  There just is no distraction here, not for the team or players, Zach has no faction in the locker room advocating for him vs. Rodgers or Tyrod.  He distracts fans, not players.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

That's the thing about locker room cancers 

They don't recognize authority 

In fact Zach is record saying he'd make the next qb aka Aaron life a living hell 

When people tell you who they are, listen. 

Zach wilson is a team cancer who never earned a job in the league.

and even as a semi inactive number 3 he's a distraction and a waste of roster spot

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

That's the thing about locker room cancers 

They don't recognize authority 

In fact Zach is record saying he'd make the next qb aka Aaron life a living hell 

When people tell you who they are, listen. 

Wow.

We both know the "living hell" meant trying to be better than him on the field.  

Jesus Bit, talk about turning a meaningless "say the right thing when demoted" into some sinister locker room divide plan, lol.

Somehow I doubt Rodgers is overly worried about his life being hell because of Zach if Zach is the PS #3.

Just now, bitonti said:

Zach wilson is a team cancer who never earned a job in the league.

and even as a semi inactive number 3 he's a distraction and a waste of roster spot

Distraction for you and Matt and other Fans obsessed with him and the "conspiracy" you see around him, definitely.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Jesus Bit, talk about turning a meaningless "say the right thing when demoted" into some sinister locker room divide plan, lol.

And yet every qb he shares the room with manages to get injured 

Just now, Warfish said:

Somehow I doubt Rodgers is overly worried about his life being hell because of Zach if Zach is the PS #3.

Rodgers thinks he saw an alien space craft in New Jersey the night before he was drafted 

Just now, Warfish said:

Distraction for you and Matt and other Fans obsessed with him and the "conspiracy" you see around him, definitely.

People bleed and sweat their whole life to get a chance in 1 regular season game, Zach is turning down starts and shipping his furniture home 

It's not even about conspiracy. He's a disgusting teammate and if you don't have chemistry in the locker room you don't have any chance to win games 

This isn't personal sonny it's business 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Rodgers thinks he saw an alien space craft in New Jersey the night before he was drafted 

People bleed and sweat their whole life to get a chance in 1 regular season game, Zach is turning down starts and shipping his furniture home 

It's not even about conspiracy. He's a disgusting teammate and if you don't have chemistry in the locker room you don't have any chance to win games 

“Bit, leave the gun, take the canollis.”

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach lives rent-free in your head my friend.  

As I said before, I almost (stress almost0 would love to see the Jets keep Zach as the #3, if only to watch your and others heads explode over it, and again every time anyone, anywhere, mentions him.

While the entertainment value would be quite high, I still prefer we cut/trade Zach, which I remain confident will happen before camp, or before opening Week 1.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach lives rent-free in your head my friend.  

As I said before, I almost (stress almost0 would love to see the Jets keep Zach as the #3, if only to watch your and others heads explode over it, and again every time anyone, anywhere, mentions him.

While the entertainment value would be quite high, I still prefer we cut/trade Zach, which I remain confident will happen before camp, or before opening Week 1.

The upside of keeping Zach as the 3 is he’d finally get a ton of preseason work where there’s no hiding. 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

A lot of people trying to sweep under the rug that he was the highest QB picked by the Jets since Namath. He’s going to be talked about a lot, especially since they refuse to move on.

yet the people who drafted him, played him before he should have, ignored his so called bad attitude, ignored his lack of knowledge of the playbook, they all get away without a scratch, and half the nitwits on this board want to let the same people draft another high QB, go figure...

He will be traded for a late round pick swap at the draft by some team realizing the draft did not provide them with enough QB prospect depth or he will be cut before the season.

Tiny tiny chance the jets keep him as a #4 stay away asset and wait until there are injuries next year but that is a very small chance.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He will be traded for a late round pick swap at he draft by some team realizing the draft did not provide them with enough QB prospect depth or he will be cut before the season.

Tiny tiny chance the jets keep him as a #4 stay away asset and wait until there are injuries next year but that is a very small chance.

OMG I AM SO ANGRY HE ISNT TRADED RIGHT NOW GET RIDZ OF HIM SO WE CAN FINALLY WIN THE SB!!!!!

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

I looked at the sale listing of Zach's house out of sheer nosiness earlier today.

I have never seen a more bland, nondescript looking house. It was like an off-the shelf show home with zero warmth or individuality.

It does feed into the "was Zach ever fully committed to NY" argument. He often seemed to spend as much time as possible in Utah, and his spartan and - for an NFL QB - undersized house does add to the feeling that he was never going to be a Jet for the long term.

• Upvote 2