Possible Suitor for Wilson

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we can all agree we don’t want to see Wilson touch a football for this team anymore. But if we can’t trade him. We should just keep him. No sense of eating up that money for someone else to pick him up. All while he’s younger or the same age as most the QBs in this draft. I don’t mean don’t draft a late QB. I’d wait and see how the draft falls before doing anything.

For example if we use a 4tg on Pratt or Travis. We now have a decent investment in them. So likely we might cut Wilson. But not sure I’m cutting him if we draft Hartman in the 7th.

Wilson is going to be on the team at least during camp. Tyrod won’t play much in the preseason (nor should he). If the Jets don’t pick a QB until round 7 or UDFA, then he’s definitely on the roster. The Jets can’t quit him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Keeping Zach Wilson is dead weight, a distraction, a roster spot, and less snaps in camp, practice and preseason games for a young QB who will actually be here in 2025.

No thanks.

I don't disagree.

But we drafted him and he has a big cap hit. Fact is is he's more talented than a lot of the QBs in this draft besides the top 6 guys or so. So strictly on talent there's I'm sure plenty of teams interested in him. It's the money tied to him this year on why he isn't gone already.

I get that he hasn't been traded pre draft bc any team that has kind of interest in him likely wants to see what happens in the draft 1st. As an example maybe they hope they can get Pratt in the late 4th and that's who they have eyes on and really don't love anyone else. Maybe Pratt goes early 4th and now this team wants a young QB still. So then they're more inclined to make a trade for Wilson. That's the ideal situation for us.

But it's a lot more likely that the very few teams that have even reached out to us, do draft a developmental QB leaving us to where we have no trade partners. And fact is is that Wilson is better than any guy we maybe draft in the 6th or 7th. We draft one in the 4th that's a different story.

So after next Saturday when the draft is complete I think we'll have a clear idea of what we're doing with Wilson. If we drafted a QB in the 4th or higher he's likely cut. If we draft one in the 7th. I very well can see him as QB3 next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson is going to be on the team at least during camp. Tyrod won’t play much in the preseason (nor should he). If the Jets don’t pick a QB until round 7 or UDFA, then he’s definitely on the roster. The Jets can’t quit him. 

mountain GIF

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Starting to agree with you on this. This is the object example we’ll use for decades when people ask what makes Woody a terrible owner. The fact that he gets involved in something as patently trivial and self-undermining as keeping Zach Wilson on the roster because he can’t admit defeat is so petty and pathetic

There are so many examples of Woody being a terrible owner…..

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Starting to agree with you on this. This is the object example we’ll use for decades when people ask what makes Woody a terrible owner. The fact that he gets involved in something as patently trivial and self-undermining as keeping Zach Wilson on the roster because he can’t admit defeat is so petty and pathetic

0742F775-9CB3-4A56-92DA-2F7C1070F581.thumb.jpeg.d4742e313d38497fea1de8198418f359.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Clearly he's not committed to the Jets 😞

He does not want to risk getting another one of those dehydration concussions and reduce his trade value.

He's got to stay in demand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Not only is he one of the worst busts ever but he’s a clown in real life

Personally I’m shocked that jets refuse to cut this clown. He is a distraction and wasting a roster spot. And he is also horrific at footballs.

8 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would be hilarious and sad to see him on the practice squad week 1.

Been saying for 2 years now that he is a practice squad talent at best. The only team to not realize this is the jets.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I think they're most definitely drafting a QB at some point. Thus leading Zachy to be cut. 
In the mean time, Douglas will continue to beg someone to trade for him. 
Just cut the kid already ... Gotta applaud JDs patience ... But this is a Ghandi-like ordeal.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Personally I’m shocked that jets refuse to cut this clown. He is a distraction and wasting a roster spot. And he is also horrific at footballs.

Been saying for 2 years now that he is a practice squad talent at best. The only team to not realize this is the jets.

Friend of the program 

IMG_0640.jpeg

On 4/19/2024 at 7:05 AM, T0mShane said:

starting to think it's a game of chicken with JD and Zach's agent.   If Zach wants a chance to be on a team this year he's going to have to redo his contract to become tradeable.   I think the ZW position is F you pay me, I dare you to keep me on the roster in camp. 

• Haha 1