Joe Douglas Betting on Himself With Bryce Huff Compensation

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah completely revitalizing the roster, fixing all that is the front office yeah really crap job. People like you mistify me. No concept of what a good GM is just ridiculous takesoke Joe is a slight upgrade over Mac.

Joe literally got us Aaron freaking Rodgers on top of that master ful draft, literally turning trash into gold

Wins baby, wins, whatever that is.
The results of this is a very poor record. That’s what a good GM does enable success.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Why is the jets front office having thoughts on a 25 comp pick if the urgency is to win now with Rodgers. If it's not, than why not entertain a promising QB prospect like McCarthy at ten. 

I swear to God I hate the discombobulated cognitive dissonance of this front office. 

Its almost like there's no overarching philosophy. Jesus Christ 

You got Rodgers, go all in. If not, then take McCarthy

Do something that makes sense

You don't just let Huff go and throw your arms up. I'm getting pissed off typing this. Nobody just lets young ascending pass rushers go

2 hours ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

Sure but come on this is going into year 6 and sorry 27-56 is awful no matter what........You get paid to win i thought.......

Our HC gets paid to embarrass opposing QBs, not to win.

The thing is, for some reason huff is being held up like the second coming of LT.  Only this past season did he have 10 sacks. Jermaine Johnson had 7.5. So, there is reason to believe that teams had to pay attention to both players which helped huff.  Johnson also played more downs.  This is not take away from huff.  I think the jets would love to have him back but not for crazy money.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

For all the laughs we have at this team's expense, we do develop defensive talent under this regime - especially d-lineman.

Well they have a tendency to draft more on the d-side

I'm actually of the mindset that no free agents want to come here, and that's actually a good thing.

The most glaring weakness right now is offensive line. I'm strongly of the belief that it won't be fixed signing cast-offs from other teams. Forcing JD to use draft capital on it early and often. Long term, that's the only shot to right this ship.

"Win now team" makes me laugh every time. This is a project that needs at least 2 years to correct. This is likely JD and Saleh's swan song. They not investing big money in old junk in order to save themselves is ok by me.

6 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Why wouldn't you trade him then. It makes absolutely no sense. Once Rodgers got hurt, it should've obviously been on the table. It had to logically, unless Douglas wasn't thinking ahead which is looking more and more like what happened. 

Foresight is a massive part of being a gm, really any manager honestly. Anticipation of problems or an opportunity on the horizon seen through the fog of change

I'm concerned 

I don't know what was offered? 

I thought the dude was gonna get traded last offseason during camp.

I don't have the answers bro; I just keep these things in mind:

a. we drafted his replacement last year in the first round

b. we're solid at developing defensive lineman

c. Bryce Huff isn't Lawrence Taylor

d. sounds like he'll have a robust market and get paid handsomely 

I'm rather single-minded this offseason about what we should be doing this offseason and it's nearly entirely offensive-line focused.

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I don't know what was offered? 

I thought the dude was gonna get traded last offseason during camp.

I don't have the answers bro; I just keep these things in mind:

a. we drafted his replacement last year in the first round

b. we're solid at developing defensive lineman

c. Bryce Huff isn't Lawrence Taylor

d. sounds like he'll have a robust market and get paid handsomely 

I'm rather single-minded this offseason about what we should be doing this offseason and it's nearly entirely offensive-line focused.

I'm not arguing with you really more just mad at Douglas. 

There are only two options with Huff. Trade him or sign him

You don't just let big time pass rushers go going into their prime. That's not an option 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets won’t get a comp pick for Bryce because they need to sign a lot of players to address a porous offensive line. Which is the reason JD won’t be around after this season. Him and Saleh should both be gone. 

I think they will.  Needing to be buyers does not mean you can't get comp picks. You just need to play the game properly.  Players that are cut don't count. Trades don't count.  Guys signed after the regular free agent period don't count. Huff, Hall, Davis, and Becton all have the potential to get some picks

2 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I'm not arguing with you really more just mad at Douglas. 

There are only two options with Huff. Trade him or sign him

You don't just let big time pass rushers go going into their prime. That's not an option 

Are we still going on and on with this?  How the **** do you trade an unrestricted free agent?  Do you honestly think that he has trade value at $23+M?  They tried to get a 2nd for him last year.  They tendered him at $4.3M.  Nobody bit.  Now teams are going to give up more when he is asking for 4 times that much and we have to tag him at 6 times that much? 

The only place they may have made a mistake is in not moving him last year at the deadline.  He will likely rate a 2025 3rd round comp.  They probably could have gotten a 2024 4th.  I think they felt he was worth more to them if they were going to make a run and looking back it seems obvious that they weren't and should have taken whatever they could get.  I think Douglas has felt firmly that he would get the 2025 3rd and didn't care.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I think they will.  Needing to be buyers does not mean you can't get comp picks. You just need to play the game properly.  Players that are cut don't count. Trades don't count.  Guys signed after the regular free agent period don't count. Huff, Hall, Davis, and Becton all have the potential to get some picks

Are we still going on and on with this?  How the **** do you trade an unrestricted free agent?  Do you honestly think that he has trade value at $23+M?  They tried to get a 2nd for him last year.  They tendered him at $4.3M.  Nobody bit.  Now teams are going to give up more when he is asking for 4 times that much and we have to tag him at 6 times that much? 

The only place they may have made a mistake is in not moving him last year at the deadline.  He will likely rate a 2025 3rd round comp.  They probably could have gotten a 2024 4th.  I think they felt he was worth more to them if they were going to make a run and looking back it seems obvious that they weren't and should have taken whatever they could get.  I think Douglas has felt firmly that he would get the 2025 3rd and didn't care.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF