• RT Moses
    • WR Williams
    • QB Taylor
    • DT Kinlaw
    • DT Fotu
  3. 3. Worst Pickup

4. 4. Most important remaining investment

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Understandably so, it seems like there is a lot of emotion or historical bias in the assessment of JD’s performance this offseason.

As there usually is, there is also a ton of emotional "everything is awesome, every move is awesome, this time it'll all work out great!" homer-pollyanna opinions too. 

The "see only the positive, deny, denounce and deflect the negative" stuff we're all so used to here after all these years.

After a horrible record to-date, JD has gone full Redskins, and built his team around old, fragile, FA talent, upon which he's hoping they'll stay healthy, all play like it was 4 years ago, and all work well together.  Low odds, but theoretically high reward.  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

As there usually is, there is also a ton of emotional "everything is awesome, every move is awesome, this time it'll all work out great!" homer-pollyanna opinions too. 

The "see only the positive, deny, denounce and deflect the negative" stuff we're all so used to here after all these years.

After a horrible record to-date, JD has gone full Redskins, and built his team around old, fragile, FA talent, upon which he's hoping they'll stay healthy, all play like it was 4 years ago, and all work well together.  Low odds, but theoretically high reward.  

I’ve admitted plenty of negatives in my posts.  

Joe is lucky to have a job.

I don’t trust Saleh.

I’m a moderate independent who leans optimistic who tries to see both sides.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Checking back is always fun.

I’ve been wrong plenty of times.

Zach obviously never took the next steps.  In fact he regressed.  Sucks for all of us.  The roster was otherwise pretty good after that draft class.  A good QB gets us to 10 wins.  Still penty of work to do even now.  More a testiment to the lack of talent we’ve had over the past decade.  

Not so fun to look back at this one ;)

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I've never seen this level of excuse making.  His only mistake was not having a better back up? So the Jets were going to the Super Bowl last year with Tyrod Taylor?

Bet he would have had them in the playoff hunt through the end of the season.  Bet they don’t lose the 1st Pats game scoring just 10, losing to the Raiders by 4 or the Falcons scoring all of 8 pts.  That’s 10 wins, enough to have gotten Pitt into the playoffs.  Who knows but at least the season would have ended when Zach’s luck ran out and the season ended after the Giants game 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’ve been wrong plenty of times.

Zach obviously never took the next steps.  In fact he regressed.  Sucks for all of us.  The roster was otherwise pretty good after that draft class.  A good QB gets us to 10 wins.  Still penty of work to do even now.  More a testiment to the lack of talent we’ve had over the past decade.  

Not so fun to look back at this one ;)

I was referring more to the fact that you tried to bet me 20 thousand dollars Becton would make it to the season but didn’t actually have the money which turned out to be just as well because he didn’t. You are exactly this franchise’s target demographic. Ponder the implications.

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

Baldinger seems to always be super positive when talking about the Jets. Another NFL Network guy who is soft for the Jets is Peter Schrager. It's nice to have some positive vibes in the media and not a bunch of meany Cimini's. lol

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I was referring more to the fact that you tried to bet me 20 thousand dollars Becton would make it to the season but didn’t actually have the money which turned out to be just as well because he didn’t. You are exactly this franchise’s target demographic. Ponder the implications.

Of course I had the money.  I’m semi retired at 49.  Sold my business to private equity.  

Thank God I didn’t make the bet.  Pretty shocking to me he didn’t make it to the first game …  

Listen I’m a fan and carry some hope that the franchise turns it around.  I’ve been right and wrong plenty of times.

As far as target demographics, I haven’t spent a dime going to games or buying jerseys.  Not worth the investment for me and my family.  Bad football and bad entertainment for the past decade plus.

Everyone on this board wants the Jets to do well, some are more optimistic, some neutral and others pessimistic.  All 3 categories are fine and understandable.  

Hope you’re doing well.  

On 3/21/2024 at 3:03 PM, FidelioJet said:

Not having 4 of 11 starters on offense coming off surgeries and season ending injuries would have been a good start.  Especially with one of them being a 41 year old QB.

Now, if you're asking which players - there were plenty of guys not coming off season ending injuries that he could have signed on the OL and WR...

Name the players and their contracts. I'm sure they've all been signed so should be easy.