Saw Passion of The Christ Last Night

Green DNA

Nothing to do with Easter, it just debuted on Showtime. It was more like a snuff movie than telling a story. 90% of the movie was the Romans torturing Jesus with practically no story line whatsoever. I'm not religious but watched it to see what the hype was about. It sucked.

Nothing to do with Easter, it just debuted on Showtime. It was more like a snuff movie than telling a story. 90% of the movie was the Romans torturing Jesus with practically no story line whatsoever. I'm not religious but watched it to see what the hype was about. It sucked.

Jesus died a painful death. I think that was the point Gibson was going for. Many scholars think he missed the mark and took too many creative liberties. But at the end of the day, Mel got the movie that he wanted. Huge hit at the box office. It drove home the point that he wanted.

There were some characters that were the big time villians that really enjoyed the torture that they were dishing out. I kept waiting for Jesus to get up and kick some serious ass like a Stephen Seagal movie or like in Gladiator or Death Wish or something. But nothing!

Mind Control is a PROCESS of eradicating former beliefs and instituting new beliefs in their place through the use of COERCIVE persuasion. It is a PROCESS which is designed to break a person's independence and individuality and replace it with the ideology clone. The Chinese called this process "thought reform" which was poorly translated into English as "brain-washing".

-Apollo Belvidere

Mind Control is a PROCESS of eradicating former beliefs and instituting new beliefs in their place through the use of COERCIVE persuasion. It is a PROCESS which is designed to break a person's independence and individuality and replace it with the ideology clone. The Chinese called this process "thought reform" which was poorly translated into English as "brain-washing".

-Apollo Belvidere

Have you stopped taking your meds again?

Wow, I didnt realize how many anti-Jesus people we have here at JN....

Vinny, talking religion and politics is not always a good thing for discussion. It's a good thing most here are Jet fans...you see how it gets with the Yankees and Red Sox and Mets fans...opens up all kinds of hatred at times.

Jesus died a painful death. I think that was the point Gibson was going for. Many scholars think he missed the mark and took too many creative liberties. But at the end of the day, Mel got the movie that he wanted. Huge hit at the box office. It drove home the point that he wanted.

Good point. All about the money. However, if Mel Gibson was really trying to send a religious message, I think he missed the point. Followers of Jesus, in my view, are better served looking at HOW HE LIVED rather than HOW HE DIED.

exactly,,

Mel wanted to take the historical '1 to 2 minute clips' you have seen in all other movies and try and portray the actual agony,,he specifically wanted the walk with the cross as more tahn a 10 second clip that w ehave seen before,,

Not anti-jesus, just anti-Mel Gibson. Mel is rich, opinionated, racist and in love with depicting violence (passion, Lethal Weapon, and who can forget the disemboweling of Braveheart). You might say Mel is the ultimate anti-Jesus.

It's called not believing in something you can't see and could've just as eaisly been made up.

But oh well, everyone is aloud their own beliefs.

It's called not believing in something you can't see and could've just as eaisly been made up.

But oh well, everyone is aloud their own beliefs.

Are there such thing as teachers these days? greengal can you help me out here?

So, I haven't seen the movie yet. Could someone tell me what happens to Christ? Be sure to put a big ***SPOILER*** then hit the enter key about 95 times before you post it. Either that or you can just PM it to me. The supense is killing me (no pun intented....okay, maybe a little).

ok riddle me this....

what exactly is the passion of "the" christ? why wasnt it named "the passion of christ"

Im serious.

In the film the other characters were refering to him as "Yashua".

This Yashua character, either was or wasn't, The Christ (Savior), depending on what you want to believe.

I didn't like the film. I thought the whole tone was wrong. In my opinion, Jesus was actually cool with the whole sacrifice thing. He could have split but knew that it was all just a game.

Dying on the cross was simply a statement. Beat me, nail me, spit on me, hahaha, who cares. I know I'm not this body.

Gibson's tone was far to serious and bleak.

Archived