Scouts take on Brock Bowers - merged

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can we close this thread now?  Thank you Joe Douglas for not picking an undersized TE or bigger slot receiver with our 1st round pick.  There's hope for you yet.  

And thanks for not buying in to all the Bowers nonsense.  Literally "non" "sense" for the NY Jets at this time. 

My argument the whole time was all about positional value and the fact that I believed that JD understood it. Massive risk taking a TE even as high as the Raiders just did. The OT isn’t sexy, but a major issue on the team should now be solidified for the next five years, at least. 

Sorry, @Gastineau Lives. I will tell you that I was sweating it a little while they were on the clock 😥, but I was relieved to be correct on this one. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slats said:

My argument the whole time was all about positional value and the fact that I believed that JD understood it. Massive risk taking a TE even as high as the Raiders just did. The OT isn’t sexy, but a major issue on the team should now be solidified for the next five years, at least. 

Sorry, @Gastineau Lives. I will tell you that I was sweating it a little while they were on the clock 😥, but I was relieved to be correct on this one. 

Thanks. But let’s hold off on whether you or JD were correct on this one. 

Congrats, though. You won.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Thanks. But let’s hold off on whether you or JD were correct on this one. 

Congrats, though. You won.

Correct only in that I genuinely believed that he would never make that pick, for sure. We’ll see how his career goes. 

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah let’s close the thread with a victory lap three years early that has no basis in factual reality 

absolutely.  One of the dumber threads of 2024.  Close this crap. And thank you, Joe Douglas. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

absolutely.  One of the dumber threads of 2024.  Close this crap. And thank you, Joe Douglas. 

Lol victory lap gtfoh 

im sure if it had gone the other way you’d be like “oh yes I’m a dummy I’m sorry I didn’t recognize that sooner”

I think the Jets made a mistake but I will say, Bowers and Minshew will be pretty nice.  Minshew is a check down Charlie but pretty accurate, and  in offense w/ Adams and Meyer opening up the middle of the field for Bowers, he probably has a historic rookie season.  100+ catches, 1200 yards, 10 TDs is my guess. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Lol victory lap gtfoh 

im sure if it had gone the other way you’d be like “oh yes I’m a dummy I’m sorry I didn’t recognize that sooner”

nope.  Bowers would have been a mistake.  Good luck to the dumb Raiders, who drafted Mayer last season.  LOL.  Couldn't have happened to a better team. 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please lock the Bowers thread. He was never even on our board.

Go to the Raiders site and talk about him.

It was all smoke from the first moment.  Nicely done by the Jets F.O. and Bowers agents.  Fooled almost everyone in this handsome thread.

• Upvote 1

It was all smoke from the first moment.  Nicely done by the Jets F.O. and Bowers agents.  Fooled almost everyone in this handsome thread.

Yup. The second it became so widely reported and expected, Bowers was never going to happen

Yes but it did not work.  I believe they were hoping someone would trade up with the Bears to get him and Rome would fall to us.

Oh well.