If Aaron Rodgers is truly the GM/Decision maker - Who does he want at #10?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The second best development of this offseason, imo, that they’ve frozen Rodgers out of the process. Hard to see, given the history, Douglas putting his foot down with Rodgers, so maybe this is Rodgers taking a step back from the org? I know he says he wants to play a few more years, but does he mean for the Jets? 

Is that because JD has been so good building this roster?

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is that because JD has been so good building this roster?

This is a sound roster, and the that the holes they have are minimal.

They do need another weapon and some quality depth on the line. This is one of the best teams constructed since '09 and '10 teams. This difference is this roster has a capable QB.

Only the most jaded fan can't see that.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Claymation said:

They do need another weapon and some quality depth on the line. This is one of the best teams constructed since '09 and '10 teams. This difference is this roster has a capable QB.

This has to be the most beaten down fanbase in all of sports.  To think a team that hasn't had a winning record under Joe Douglas is a "Sound Roster" and best constructed teams since we went to championships games.

Right now this team is awful...and until proven otherwise it should be viewed as awful.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Rodgers is a lot of interesting things, but he’s not an idiot. I don’t think he’d need a lot of convincing to figure out that Lazard, Cook, Cobb, Turner, etc.,

I do not think that Rodgers has the capacity to conclude that he was wrong about anything, particularly when it comes to football-centric decisions. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I do not think that Rodgers has the capacity to conclude that he was wrong about anything, particularly when it comes to football-centric decisions. 

Wouldn’t limit that to football-centric.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:12 AM, FidelioJet said:

This has to be the most beaten down fanbase in all of sports.  To think a team that hasn't had a winning record under Joe Douglas is a "Sound Roster" and best constructed teams since we went to championships games.

Right now this team is awful...and until proven otherwise it should be viewed as awful.

"Awful", please elaborate.

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

california redwoods GIF by Caitlin Burns

Aaron rodgers wants his fellow California hiking pal Brock bowers 

We will definitely know how Rodgers feels about Bowers tomorrow which I won't dare speculate on anymore.

No, it's now time to just sit back and trust that they are ready for anything depending on how the top of the draft shakes out... Buckle Up!

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 6:18 PM, Jdeet said:

Seems like everyone is of the notion that Rodgers is making all of the decisions, at least on offense. It is my opinion, that Rodgers wants a playmaker. He would just as well have the Jets sign Bakhtiari as OT insurance and the Jets take a later round OT, rather than draft a guy who might not even play in 2024. The fact that Brock Bowers has his invite to visit the Jets, be at the same time as Aaron Rodgers shows up, is not a coincidence. Maybe for the Jets brass to sell Rodgers on Bowers, the guy they want to draft? But does Rodgers really want a TE/slot guy or a true WR?

I would think, anyone other than a defensive player, would probably be good with him. Rodgers had famously been critical of the Packers for leaving him with just young WRs in 2022, but reversed his thinking last year, when he was very much in favor of keeping a couple of the young undrafted WRs picked up in Gipson and Brownlee.

I feel like the order that would likely be his choices would be:

Marvin Harrison Jr - (likely drafted by Cardinals or Chargers)

Malik Nabers - (likely drafted by Chargers or Giants)

Rome Odunze - (likely drafted by Bears or Jets)

Brock Bowers - (likely available for Jets)

Personally would rather have Odunze than Bowers, but who do y'all think Rodgers wants? Or do you think he actually wants an offensive tackle?

Well he's not the GM or the Decision maker 

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:12 AM, FidelioJet said:

WTF is wrong with you ? Oh thats right, I forgot, we traded Zach Wilson to what amounted to a bag of footballs and dicks which Im surprised we got that.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

WTF is wrong with you ? Oh thats right, I forgot, we traded Zach Wilson to what amounted to a bag of footballs and dicks which Im surprised we got that.

What about this team's history under Joe Douglas makes you think this is a good team?

• I think Rodgers votes with his body and says Fashanu because he is more likely to step in for Tyron Smith when he goes down and protect him.
  • He could also saw Bowers because he will come in pro ready and can catch dump off passes.  

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What about this team's history under Joe Douglas makes you think this is a good team?

if you can't see this is a talented team that suffered without a QB because our starter got hurt last year I dont know what to tell you. if this team wins the SB this year which I believe it will be in contention... do you get to celebrate ?

31 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • I think Rodgers votes with his body and says Fashanu because he is more likely to step in for Tyron Smith when he goes down and protect him.
  • He could also saw Bowers because he will come in pro ready and can catch dump off passes.  

Bowers is not needed since we already have a good TE and young back ups learning on the job and PS .. We have bigger needs at OL and WR 

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

7-9

2-14

4-13

7-10

7-10

Hope that explains it.

What explains it is we had a QB you continued to tell us would turn it all around during that time span who was 100% outplayed by every single QB who replaced him . Thats rthe Only thing I blame on Douglas and certainly not his ability to build a roster. Any team in this league who was dealing with the amonut of Injuries on the OL and at QB like we were would have been very hard pressed to win 7 games like we did. Zach Wilson was a complete joke and Joe Douglass biggest mistake was not getting a competent back up last year and its obvious he realized that but we dont know for sure if his hands were tied in that situation by Woody or if he took it upon himself not to get a good available QB when Rodgers got hurt and we may never know the answer to that question

On 4/23/2024 at 6:24 AM, Claymation said:

Jaded fan here.  We have 0 WR depth and our QB1 is 40 coming off an Achilles and QB2 is made of glass

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Jaded fan here.  We have 0 WR depth and our QB1 is 40 coming off an Achilles and QB2 is made of glass

QB1 is a future HOF, Not many teams can say they have one of those. As for QB2, the Jets fans wanted a better QB2 than ZW. He is just that. I will say this with utmost certainty, If the Jets are forced to go to their QB2, for more than 2 games, the season is over. Backups who lead their team to a championship, like Earl Morral or Nick Foles are rare. 

But the WR1-WR2 are stellar, would you not agree? How many teams have WR depth beyond 3 players? I can tell you not many.

The Jets have 3 weapons right now, but they need more. This a deep receiver draft class. I can see them drafting one either in the 1st or 3rd round.

The defense just got better even with the loss of Huff. And with a healthy Aaron with a revamped OL, the offense will be as well.

5 hours ago, Claymation said:

It doesn't, the roster is sound and you start quoting records.

What does "sound" mean to you?

Capable of winning a championship?  Capable of making the playoffs? Winning record?

All I'm saying is as a fan base we deserve more and shouldn't be praising a GM after 5 losing seasons, the best we can say about his team is "Sound"  

5 hours ago, Claymation said:

QB1 is a future HOF, Not many teams can say they have one of those. As for QB2, the Jets fans wanted a better QB2 than ZW. He is just that. I will say this with utmost certainty, If the Jets are forced to go to their QB2, for more than 2 games, the season is over. Backups who lead their team to a championship, like Earl Morral or Nick Foles are rare. 

But the WR1-WR2 are stellar, would you not agree? How many teams have WR depth beyond 3 players? I can tell you not many.

The Jets have 3 weapons right now, but they need more. This a deep receiver draft class. I can see them drafting one either in the 1st or 3rd round.

The defense just got better even with the loss of Huff. And with a healthy Aaron with a revamped OL, the offense will be as well.

You are just chugging that kool aid

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What does "sound" mean to you?

Capable of winning a championship?  Capable of making the playoffs? Winning record?

All I'm saying is as a fan base we deserve more and shouldn't be praising a GM after 5 losing seasons, the best we can say about his team is "Sound"  

He drafted a QB prospect that couldn’t make the transition from college to the pros, whether that is solely on the QB, the coaches who needed to get him there or both I’ll let this forum debate that. He pivoted from that mistake and traded for arguably a top 5 QB in the game right now. 

yes I think presently this team is capable of making a run, a deep run in the playoffs. Is the coaching staff capable of getting them there remains to be seen. But the roster is there.

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He drafted a QB prospect that couldn’t make the transition from college to the pros, whether that is solely on the QB, the coaches who needed to get him there or both I’ll let this forum debate that. He pivoted from that mistake and traded for arguably a top 5 QB in the game right now. 

yes I think presently this team is capable of making a run, a deep run in the playoffs. Is the coaching staff capable of getting them there remains to be seen. But the roster is there.

Fair enough.

Thank you for a reasonable argument. 

I think we disagree, but I don't think the roster is bad but I'm more of a show me type guy and we haven't seen much. 

I will agree that if Rodgers plays at a top 5 QB then this team can make a run. 

But I'm not convinced Rodgers has much left - I think ultimately you get a middle of the pack 12 to 17 type QB.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough.

Thank you for a reasonable argument. 

I think we disagree, but I don't think the roster is bad but I'm more of a show me type guy and we haven't seen much. 

I will agree that if Rodgers plays at a top 5 QB then this team can make a run. 

But I'm not convinced Rodgers has much left - I think ultimately you get a middle of the pack 12 to 17 type QB.

It’s fine that we disagree, that’s what makes a forum good. As long as it can be civil.

• Upvote 1