If Aaron Rodgers is truly the GM/Decision maker - Who does he want at #10?

Seems like everyone is of the notion that Rodgers is making all of the decisions, at least on offense. It is my opinion, that Rodgers wants a playmaker. He would just as well have the Jets sign Bakhtiari as OT insurance and the Jets take a later round OT, rather than draft a guy who might not even play in 2024. The fact that Brock Bowers has his invite to visit the Jets, be at the same time as Aaron Rodgers shows up, is not a coincidence. Maybe for the Jets brass to sell Rodgers on Bowers, the guy they want to draft? But does Rodgers really want a TE/slot guy or a true WR?

I would think, anyone other than a defensive player, would probably be good with him. Rodgers had famously been critical of the Packers for leaving him with just young WRs in 2022, but reversed his thinking last year, when he was very much in favor of keeping a couple of the young undrafted WRs picked up in Gipson and Brownlee.

I feel like the order that would likely be his choices would be:

Marvin Harrison Jr - (likely drafted by Cardinals or Chargers)

Malik Nabers - (likely drafted by Chargers or Giants)

Rome Odunze - (likely drafted by Bears or Jets)

Brock Bowers - (likely available for Jets)

Personally would rather have Odunze than Bowers, but who do y'all think Rodgers wants? Or do you think he actually wants an offensive tackle?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Do you think they asked him last year and he said "Will McDonald!" 😅

We did not need a WR because we signed Lazard and Cobb to be our #2 and slot wrs

We needed no oline becasue we signed billy turner to be our swing ot

We needed no backup QB becasue we singed tim boyle

He did his damage in free agency.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

I think Rodgers would rather have Bakhtiari.   That would be his best backup.   An OT at 10 is the future.   AR8 has no future.  His future is now.  

He can make Odunze work.  He would find a way to complete passes to Bowers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

He injured his Achilles on a play where the OL made a real stupid non block, i think he wants better protection.

I am sure the Tackle cut blocked 2 of the 3 drop backs on his own.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We did not need a WR because we signed Lazard and Cobb to be our #2 and slot wrs

We needed no oline becasue we signed billy turner to be our swing ot

We needed no backup QB becasue we singed tim boyle

He did his damage in free agency.

Cobb was signed to work with the Jet WRs not to be their slot WR

Rodgers isn’t anyone’s GM and if he was would anyone know the answer anymore than no one has a clue who JD wants?

4 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Seems like everyone is of the notion that Rodgers is making all of the decisions, at least on offense. It is my opinion, that Rodgers wants a playmaker. He would just as well have the Jets sign Bakhtiari as OT insurance and the Jets take a later round OT, rather than draft a guy who might not even play in 2024. The fact that Brock Bowers has his invite to visit the Jets, be at the same time as Aaron Rodgers shows up, is not a coincidence. Maybe for the Jets brass to sell Rodgers on Bowers, the guy they want to draft? But does Rodgers really want a TE/slot guy or a true WR?

I would think, anyone other than a defensive player, would probably be good with him. Rodgers had famously been critical of the Packers for leaving him with just young WRs in 2022, but reversed his thinking last year, when he was very much in favor of keeping a couple of the young undrafted WRs picked up in Gipson and Brownlee.

I feel like the order that would likely be his choices would be:

Marvin Harrison Jr - (likely drafted by Cardinals or Chargers)

Malik Nabers - (likely drafted by Chargers or Giants)

Rome Odunze - (likely drafted by Bears or Jets)

Brock Bowers - (likely available for Jets)

Personally would rather have Odunze than Bowers, but who do y'all think Rodgers wants? Or do you think he actually wants an offensive tackle?

I can't imagine that aarok wants them to draft a TE in the first round. He knows more than anyone that is a bad pico and would rather have some one to catch the ball or protect him so he can throw it. And he gets a hell of a lot more out of rook WR than rook TE

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Do you think they asked him last year and he said "Will McDonald!" 😅

Thats a scary thought.   Would JD AGAIN make an unconvential move like this? Cant see it happening.  Even if he does take a WR or Bowers at 10, he'd have to make up for it in round 3 & 4 and get OL help/depth. 2023 draft and the OL assembled by JD was an absolute abomination that cost us the season 4 plays into it and was only somewhat salvaged by drafting Tippman.      

If Aaron Rodgers is truly the GM/Decision maker - Who does he want at #10?

Best OL Available... If he goes on the IR again & misses significant time his career is likely over & I don't think he wants to end it that way. 

I actually believe that ultimately Woody makes the first round draft pick.  He will listen to what Rodgers wants.   

The Jets are the Cowboys North.  The President of Football Operations is Woody.  14 Seasons No Playoffs Woody. 

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

I actually believe that ultimately Woody makes the first round draft pick.  He will listen to what Rodgers wants.   

The Jets are the Cowboys North.  The President of Football Operations is Woody.  14 Seasons No Playoffs Woody. 

Who was President of Football Operations when they went to back to back AFC Championship games?

11 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

He injured his Achilles on a play where the OL made a real stupid non block, i think he wants better protection.

You're unlikely to get better protection and far more likely to get real stupid non blocks from a Rookie T.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1