“Everyone is moving up for an OT” - Daniel Jeremiah

1 hour ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I've actually said this in the past, CONTINGENT on the team trading back and getting a 2nd rounder (and maybe more). It would be a hated move here, and given our needs at OT and WR I'd be inclined to agree. 

But at the same time, if we take Murphy and then a WR round 2 and OT round 3, it'd be hard for me to be too upset. I love our disruptive DL and it'd be terrifying for opposing offenses!

What started as a joke yesterday, I now view as a true left field pick that I would surprisingly not be upset with...

It's not going to happen though if we did something crazy and trade down to 18 and Murphy is still there....  Q and Murphy... Crazy!     Then use the trade value 2nd Rd pick from Cinn # 49 to grab Murphy's team mate WR Adonai Mitchel ...  GO TEXAS!   LOL       That's my pull it out my ass picks that will never happen that made me go... hmmm

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Well, OT is probably the most difficult position to fill in the NFL. Few can do great at it and even fewer are healthy. It makes sense for many teams to be gunning for them in a draft that's supposedly "loaded" at the position.

I don't like Daniel Jeremiah though, he consistently throws out some of the dumbest mocks I see every year (at least in my opinion). My bet is most OT needy teams are pretty happy to sit pat and let the board come to them. 

Bingo. His Jets mock draft made me throw up in my mouth. YUK. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

If everyone trades up for an OT, we stand pat and take the best WR.

If everyone trades up for a QB, we stand pat and take the best OT or WR.

If everyone trades up for the best WR, we stand pat and take the best OT.

If no one trades up, and the top OT and WR are all gone, we either take Bowers or trade down if someone wants a QB.

That's a good plan and one that certainly will maximize the Jets preseason power rankings numbers. 😆

See what I did there? Lol ...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

Ytho GIF

Deep draft at OT. 

There is two tackles that are highly regarded that I see they need so much work.  Patrick Paul has the perfect OT body but on tape he is all over the place. So off balance so much of the time.  He needs a great line coach. The other OT is so up and down its  mind boggling. I see two nice blocks and then he looks like he is a different tackle on another play.  He whiffs on so many. And if you do a stunt as a DE, he can't adjust. His footwork seems to be all over there. And he needs to use his arms way more .I seen so much help given to him by the guard. His name is BYU is Kingsley Suamatia. 

2 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

There is two tackles that are highly regarded that I see they need so much work.  Patrick Paul has the perfect OT body but on tape he is all over the place. So off balance so much of the time.  He needs a great line coach. The other OT is so up and down it’s  mind boggling. I see two nice blocks and then he looks like he is a different tackle on another play.  He whiffs on so many. And if you do a stunt as a DE, he can't adjust. His footwork seems to be all over there. And he needs to use his arms way more .I seen so much help given to him by the guard. His name is BYU is Kingsley Suamatia. 

Yes, it’s also wise to be realistic and recognize you have an offensive staff that hasn’t exactly proven capable of developing anyone on the offensive line.

For whatever reason, Keith Carter is one of the most despised, least revered assistant coaches in the league.

There isn’t a lot of time to develop an OL project with a 40y old QB anyway.

That’s why drafting a ready-made LT like Alt or Fashanu makes the most sense.

15 hours ago, C Mart said:

WTH does that have to do with what he's hearing?   And most people loved Becton until he became injured. A.Thomas was labeled a disappointment his 1st season...

That said - I don't believe these reports that teams are trying to trade up for positions.  Teams don't tell other teams who they plan to pick. Just what will it take if we want to come up for your pick

exactly, so the Jerimiah claim that teams are telling him that they are trying to trade up for OT is either total bullsht or Jerimiah blowing smoke, AS USUAL.

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

Full of crap.  Anything to get the clicks.  And it was Jeremiah who said Becton was the best OT in the 2020 draft. Ranked him 7 overall.

In fairness, Becton's Combine was crazy! DJ doesn't do personality testing.... unfortunately, neither did JD do his due diligence on Becton's lack of personal fortitude and immaturity!

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That’s why drafting a ready-made LT like Alt or Fashanu makes the most sense.

While I agree, if that is your strategy, you should take Fautanu. He can play multiple positions in case of injury and step in right away. His foot and hand work are probably top 3 with any other OTs in this class. You want to draft an o-lineman to win now. HE is your guy. The issue with Fautanu is his ceiling and position. He may, indeed, end up being a tweener who finds a home at G. Or a solid starter but for from a 'Franchise' player you would take with  atop 10 pick.  

BTW- I have been mocking Fashanu to the Jets for like, months now. If he is available, I still think that is the way they will go. I think there is a lot of smoke wit Bowers and taking a weapon this early. I think the Jets are hoping Alt falls but also really like Fashanu and the other top OTs, Fuaga and Fautanu. These are their targets at 10.   

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

In fairness, Becton's Combine was crazy! DJ doesn't do personality testing.... unfortunately, neither did JD do his due diligence on Becton's lack of personal fortitude and immaturity!

Plus there might've been some confusion regarding our scout's write-up that "Becton is as hungry as any player in the league".

• Haha 1