“Everyone is moving up for an OT” - Daniel Jeremiah

Well, OT is probably the most difficult position to fill in the NFL. Few can do great at it and even fewer are healthy. It makes sense for many teams to be gunning for them in a draft that's supposedly "loaded" at the position.

I don't like Daniel Jeremiah though, he consistently throws out some of the dumbest mocks I see every year (at least in my opinion). My bet is most OT needy teams are pretty happy to sit pat and let the board come to them. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Starting to sound like a dozen teams in the NFL would all like to solve their franchise OT problem for the next decade in this one draft.

Any team that moves up for an offensive lineman has an idiot GM, unfortunately

we have a fat, bald one

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If everyone trades up for an OT, we stand pat and take the best WR.

If everyone trades up for a QB, we stand pat and take the best OT or WR.

If everyone trades up for the best WR, we stand pat and take the best OT.

If no one trades up, and the top OT and WR are all gone, we either take Bowers or trade down if someone wants a QB.

You are missing Byron Murphy at 10. Imagine him and Quinnen with Reddick and Johnson II on each edge?!?!?!?!?!

• Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If no one trades up, and the top OT and WR are all gone, we either take Bowers or trade down if someone wants a QB.

Only said teams were looking to trade up; not necessarily that they're looking to trade up into the top 9.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Only said teams were looking to trade up; not necessarily that they're looking to trade up into the top 9.

Wasn't a reply to you, more a statement of (my) philosophy going into tomorrow night.

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Depending on how it all falls, Jets could easily be happy to trade down themselves. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What's our worse case.

Top 3 QBs, Top 3 WRs, Alt, Fuaga, and Bowers go 1-9.

Seems like that's probably how it will go because....Jets.

So what do you do then?

Will Mc... I mean, Dallas Turner! Duhhhh :)

• Sympathy 1

I think we are the poster child for why everyone wants to get an OT right now. Everybody around the league watched and is remembering what happened to us last year because of our OL, from our opening day with Rodgers and then the rest of our season without Rodgers. They are saying to themselves we don’t want that happening to our team lets get as much OL help as we can.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jeremiah is friendly with JD, no? I could be mistaken, but if the Jets don’t want OT or QB then driving hype this way sure helps us with the weapon we’re eyeing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Full of crap.  Anything to get the clicks.  And it was Jeremiah who said Becton was the best OT in the 2020 draft. Ranked him 7 overall.

WTH does that have to do with what he's hearing?   And most people loved Becton until he became injured. A.Thomas was labeled a disappointment his 1st season...

That said - I don't believe these reports that teams are trying to trade up for positions.  Teams don't tell other teams who they plan to pick. Just what will it take if we want to come up for your pick

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I’ll be happy with any of these outcomes. 

There’s going to be fan sniping no matter what but you can make valid arguments for Bowers, WR, OT. 

Excited to see which way it goes

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I’ll be happy with any of these outcomes. 

There’s going to be fan sniping no matter what but you can make valid arguments for Bowers, WR, OT. 

Excited to see which way it goes

I'm pretty flexible this cycle.

But if we stand at #10, and draft an Edge....or a DT.....or a Safety......I may have to self-immolate my JN account at that point.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, C Mart said:

WTH does that have to do with what he's hearing?   And most people loved Becton until he became injured. A.Thomas was labeled a disappointment his 1st season...

That said - I don't believe these reports that teams are trying to trade up for positions.  Teams don't tell other teams who they plan to pick. Just what will it take if we want to come up for your pick

Becton was almost nobody's 1st choice as offensive lineman.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

You are missing Byron Murphy at 10. Imagine him and Quinnen with Reddick and Johnson II on each edge?!?!?!?!?!

If Douglas takes a defensive player before the 4th round, he should be fired into the sun

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

good read even if half true, alexander loves to pat himself on the back. but it worked

https://sny.tv/articles/andrew-thomas-former-coach-breaks-down-completely-different-techniques-that-are-hurting-the-giants-rookie

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

What's our worse case.

Top 3 QBs, Top 3 WRs, Alt, Fuaga, and Bowers go 1-9.

Seems like that's probably how it will go because....Jets.

So what do you do then?

Sprint to the podium and take Fashanu while laughing at the stupidity of other NFL GMs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I've actually said this in the past, CONTINGENT on the team trading back and getting a 2nd rounder (and maybe more). It would be a hated move here, and given our needs at OT and WR I'd be inclined to agree. 

But at the same time, if we take Murphy and then a WR round 2 and OT round 3, it'd be hard for me to be too upset. I love our disruptive DL and it'd be terrifying for opposing offenses!