Joe Douglas cannot utterly fail in the mid rounds...

His record in rounds 4 and onward is terrible.  He has had 4 years and 19 picks rounds 4 and lower.

He found one quite good player in Michael Carter, nickel back.  One or two backup types and a whole lot of utter dreck.  Other teams are finding stars multiple starters or big contributors.

The one big UDFA he found just walked this off season.

It's time sleepy Joe hit on some of these picks instead of high first rounders and trade ups.

You get your stars early in the draft but you build your team in later rounds, so far a big bag of fail.

Image-from-iOS-11.jpg

• Upvote 4

His record in rounds 4 and onward is terrible.  He has had 4 years and 19 picks rounds 4 and lower.
He found one quite good player in Michael Carter, nickel back.  One or two backup types and a whole lot of utter dreck.  Other teams are finding stars multiple starters or big contributors.
It's time sleepy Joe hit on some of these picks instead of high first rounders and trade ups.
You get your stars early in the draft but you build your team in later rounds, so far a big bag of fail.
Image-from-iOS-11.jpg
Tbf .. he did jettison the head of player personnel... Let's see how it goes this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ah yes, the old "Let's write guys off after a year or two" conversation.  One of my favorite football traditions.

Let's just go ahead and write off the 2024 class today and start talking 2025.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Ah yes, the old "Let's write guys off after a year or two" conversation.  One of my favorite football traditions.

If JD wasn't able to land the blue marlin otherwise known as Ashtyn Davis, his entire 2020 draft class was an Idzik level whiff.. The OP is not wrong...

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Translation:  Zach needs another year, how can we know what he is after only three seasons????

Some folks seem to think we need 20 years to "see what we got" in a guy, lol.

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Who are you so utterly high on that we should stand at attention?   Mitchell?  Warren?  We think so highly of them we had to deep dive in FA and have all been talking about drafting oline.

Put your name to some players you think are great or going to be great and big contributors.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Translation:  Zach needs another year, how can we know what he is after only three seasons????

Some folks seem to think we need 20 years to "see what we got" in a guy, lol.

How many 4th and later guys are starting year 1?  Five of those guys were picked in 2023 and two of those contributed.  Clemons and Mitchell were the only two in 2022 and both contributed, though Mitchell seems to have trended down.  Echols, Carter and Sherwood have all contributed.  Most of the board lost their sh*t when they let Pinnock loose, but they preferred Adams and Adams is exactly the kind of guy the original post is discussing.  2020 was pretty much a disaster, but those guys were picked for a different staff.  It hasn't been pretty, but I don't think it is quite as bleak as often painted.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Image-from-iOS-11.jpg

This man just looks like a failure and he probably has utters. 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Tbf .. he did jettison the head of player personnel... Let's see how it goes this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Phil Savage came back in some capacity to get JD through this cycle 

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't think Savage ever left.

I think he has been in a consulting role after year one but I read somewhere that after losing Hogan and Alexander he made himself more available. Don’t remember the exact phrase, something like “returning to his prior role”

• Upvote 1