Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?

Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?

• Yes, I would still want the Jets to trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • No, I would NOT want the Jets to trade for Aaron Rodgers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/31/2024 at 06:01 PM

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Similar number to AR8 with ann injured throwing hand and with WRs learning the game.  You know the Rodgers year proving he was headed downhill.  

If the Jets get 80% of Back-to-Back MVP Rogers, it would look like 3,336 yards passing, 34 TD's and roughly 5 INT's. If the Jets get that, we're going to experience the best Jets season we have since the Jets went to back-to-back AFC Championship games with Rex.

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2024 at 8:34 PM, Green Ghost said:

Ah, okay, now I get it. Don’t other teams in the North East have similar tax rates though?

Other teams had nothing to do with it.

KC accepted two trade proposals for Hill.  The Jets and Fish.  It was up to Hill to decide between the two teams and he admitted fish only won because of Fl’s tax savings

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2024 at 11:16 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Rodgers is a complete bust.  Worse than Favre.  At least Favre played.  We shoulda drafted a qb tho the guy I wanted Penix was gone

Yeah, it was so much better with Favre playing half a season, getting us all psyched by that 8-3 start and then getting injured and refusing to sit for the teams benefit than just losing Rodgers to the Achilles.  
Almost as dumb as calling Rodgers a bust for missing the season due to injury.

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2024 at 9:53 AM, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, it was so much better with Favre playing half a season, getting us all psyched by that 8-3 start and then getting injured and refusing to sit for the teams benefit than just losing Rodgers to the Achilles.  
Almost as dumb as calling Rodgers a bust for missing the season due to injury.

3/4 of a season > 4 plays

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

3/4 of a season > 4 plays

No shlt.
And it got you what?  

I’d rather lose the starting QB right off the bat then after 11 games when in 1st place

Dumb, desperate, short-sighted move carried out by a bunch of dimwits, chief among them Woody Johnson. 
That’s what I thought when it became clear that’s what they planned and at this point I wish I had bet my house on this trade turning out to be a disaster that will be felt by the team for years to come. 
So yeah, in case that wasn’t clear enough, I hated the trade.  

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2024 at 3:11 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

some spring tosses to prep for the revenge tour

It's always better with music! Which reminds me of this oldie but goodie video that harkens back to a time which held such promise for all Jets fans...  No Ground Hog Day would be complete without it! 

What Jet disaster play / event would you change ?

Keep the tarp on the field for the “mud bowl”

No Gastineau roughing vs Bernie 

No fake spike

Brien  makes both 

No Vinny Achilles 

No Butt fumble 

Absolutely, it was 100% the right move. Had the achilles stayed in tact, Zach would have been traded for a 3rd. We would have spun it as "we are trading Zach, not cause he's bad, because Aaron has committed 2 additional years to us"

Would have been the perfect spin. Really the only thing that couldn't happen, happened.