Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?

Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If you could go back in time, would you want the Jets to make the Aaron Rodgers trade?

• Yes, I would still want the Jets to trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • No, I would NOT want the Jets to trade for Aaron Rodgers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/31/2024 at 06:01 PM

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Woody was in no mood to play games with GB. He had season tickets to sell. I would have loved that scenario but it wasn’t going to play out well for us. GB could have taken Rodgers into the regular season.

They got him into camp early, reworked his contract and were ready for the regular season… all except the OL.

Can't hate on that take, and ultimately I was glad we had time to integrate him too so I'll give your point merit. I don't think the packers would have taken him into the regular season though, or even training camp. That would be an absolutely astronomical distraction and potentially derail Love just when they were relying on him, not to mention it would have cost them significant bonus money they ended up getting out of. The Jets just lost the game of chicken they should have won. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m sorry I can’t take anyone serious saying they’d rather have Minshew/Zach instead of Rodgers, I mean wtf? And Kirk Cousins was free? He signed a 4 year $180m deal!! Rodgers is playing for less than half that.

Bud this is a perfect hindsight question, so I say this knowing Rodgers played 4 snaps for us last year. Obviously I was more confident in Rodgers than I would have been in Minshew or Brissett. Hell, I was there week 1. But with that year wasted I can say this in hindsight.

Also, not "free" sure, but cousins didn't cost 2 2nd round draft picks i.e. very important team building blocks. And it's not as if he's drastically cheaper, even if we are paying him appreciably less than cousins. 

Edit: also, Rodgers AAV is NOT half cousins. He counts less toward the cap, but only because we spread money into the future. Don't act as if his aav isn't like 40m a year, only a few million less than cousins. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Bud this is a perfect hindsight question, so I say this knowing Rodgers played 4 snaps for us last year. Obviously I was more confident in Rodgers than I would have been in Minshew or Brissett. Hell, I was there week 1. But with that year wasted I can say this in hindsight.

Also, not "free" sure, but cousins didn't cost 2 2nd round draft picks i.e. very important team building blocks. And it's not as if he's drastically cheaper, even if we are paying him appreciably less than cousins. 

Edit: also, Rodgers AAV is NOT half cousins. He counts less toward the cap, but only because we spread money into the future. Don't act as if his aav isn't like 40m a year, only a few million less than cousins. 

I’d still rather have Rodgers than any other of these options with the injury and all. And your reasoning is the 2 2nd rounders? We don’t even need those, there’s no holes on this team. 

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d still rather have Rodgers than any other of these options with the injury and all. And your reasoning is the 2 2nd rounders? We don’t even need those, there’s no holes on this team. 

I mean, given that we still don't even know if we'll get MVP Aaron or 2022 Aaron (or something even worse), and that he's older and more annoying to listen to... yeah, I can at least say I'd rather have Cousins and the 2nd rounders at this point in time. Hopefully Rodgers proves that take wrong but I have my doubts.

We are all in this year because we traded for Rodgers............so that's exciting..........somewhat.  However, if we hadn't traded for him, I am confident Saleh would be gone.......that's a plus.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Now you're just making stuff up. These look like pretty good numbers to me for a guy with a dead arm

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
CMP%
Completions percentage
YDS
Passing yards
TD
Passing touchdowns
INT
Interceptions thrown
Rating
Passer rating

He was inconsistent, his play wasn’t good enough to say we made a mistake not signing him.  
Other than we lost Rodgers for the season which sucked.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So basically this poll was a sandbag move to roust out the disloyal Shoulda-been-Carr guys and shout profanities at them. Okay, boomer.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rodgers does not come out this year and play pro bowl to all pro caliber ball and get the jets in the playoffs the Rodgers move will have been an epic and unmitigated disaster.

Yeah sure.  He needs to be pro bowl level good otherwise 2 seconds makes it an unmitigated disaster.  LOL

44 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So basically this poll was a sandbag move to roust out the disloyal Shoulda-been-Carr guys and shout profanities at them. Okay, boomer.

Hell, I wasn't even on this forum at the time and I came forward to admit it seeing it wasn't a popular take lol.

Looking at his actual stats from last year; maybe I should still stand by it lol, the Jets probably would have made the playoffs even with that average to below average play.

Nah, in all honesty, I was a big carr fan when he was in Oakland, but after seeing him last year it does feel like he'll probably never win a superbowl. Rodgers does, at least theoretically, offer that upside.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

A good, slightly better than average or average QB year from Carr

vs

4 plays of a 40 year old QB when he freezes like a deer in the headlights in game one

adding the very worst OC in all of football

adding a series of totally disgusting bad jag players (Cobb, Lazard, Turner, Boyle, Amos, Cook)

trading down in the 1st round to miss out on a viable OT

trading a 2nd round pick

trading another 2nd round pick.

adding a contract that looks oh so rosy now but will be potentially crippling in a couple years when we actually have to re-sign our good young core.

having to put up with the ever on going Rodgers media circus

If Rodgers does not come out this year and play pro bowl to all pro caliber ball and get the jets in the playoffs the Rodgers move will have been an epic and unmitigated disaster.

GOoooooooooooooooooooooooo JETS!

Carr is a looooooser.

• Upvote 3

I voted 'No' only because he will be turned into an Ent at 40. So I would not make the trade today that we make a year ago, though I fully supported it last summer ... So I'm still pulling for him.

All that being said ... I am excited about this year ... And not thinking about the future.

I like Aaron and he's an amazing QB .. just that he is down to the spare lawn emergency gas at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Anyone voting no doesn’t get to celebrate in February 

Now that we are tied to Rodgers, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can actually do. It's not either or re Carr. Just thought it was the more prudent course. Rodgers is a boom-bust gamble. Hope he shows some of his old form.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I guess the assumption is at the time of the deal in real time with no knowledge of the injury. I didn't like the trade for personal reasons: I dislike the guy. So I wish they didn't trade for him. But was it a good trade football wise. Look the guy is a 4 time league MVP. 

If I could go back in time, I would want the Jets to keep Sam Darnold, and trade back to get a boatload of draft picks.

Then, use those draft picks on offensive linemen and wide receivers who are good.  

No Wilson, no problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Of course even knowing he was going to get hurt 4 plays in I would take the trade. Even if they then raised the price to 2 1st rounders I would take the trade.

People seem to forget this is the best QB to ever play for us aside from Namath.

I mean when he score 3 tds ok average a game and our def holds opponents to 7 or less, you all be with me

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OTHER:  Go back further in time and punch Joe Douglas in the face before he could make the Zach Wilson selection.  

Yea, the thing to do would be to redo the 2020 and 2021 drafts 

• Upvote 3

Complete hindsight says we should have traded for Stroud.  If it's just about Rodgers though, yeah I still would have made the move.  

Not sure how anyone could complain about the compensation based on how things turned out.  Two 2nds and dropping two spots in the 1st is really not much of a price to pay.  I know people were complaining back when we assumed that '24 pick would be a 1st, but if at the time it was just the 1st swap and straight up two 2nds with no conditions, I think people would have found that to be pretty reasonable.  

If Rodgers helps us go on one run, even if it's not a SB, and helps us develop a young QB, he'll have been well worth the price paid.  Hell, even if all he does is the latter he'll be worth it.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is like asking the captain of the Titanic if he could go back in time would he have sped up the ship.

And the captain saying yes sure 60% I would 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Complete hindsight says we should have traded for Stroud.  If it's just about Rodgers though, yeah I still would have made the move.  

Not sure how anyone could complain about the compensation based on how things turned out.  Two 2nds and dropping two spots in the 1st is really not much of a price to pay.  I know people were complaining back when we assumed that '24 pick would be a 1st, but if at the time it was just the 1st swap and straight up two 2nds with no conditions, I think people would have found that to be pretty reasonable.  

If Rodgers helps us go on one run, even if it's not a SB, and helps us develop a young QB, he'll have been well worth the price paid.  Hell, even if all he does is the latter he'll be worth it.

Stroud?!?!

Don't bring Stroud in this!  Lol.  Come on now.