ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Vinny's career sucked especially right before the Jets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Career 75 passer rating with 267 career interceptions. He shot his wad in 1998 and pretty much sucked for everything else besides it. He threw 35 and 22 ints in back to back years. 

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His contract expires after this season.  He’s not getting multiple years as the QB3 in Denver.  

My word…how does Zach Wilson still have defenders?

Zach Wilson will be given considerable playing time this season so that Payton can evaluate him. It won't be at the early part of the season unless the Bronco's opponents are able to get Nix rattled. Something on the order of Week 12 or shortly thereafter. If Zach measures up the Broncos will pony up for a Bridge Contract. Something on the order of 6 to 7 million dollars per year for 2 years fully guaranteed. That's Lunch Money compared to what the Bronco flushed down the toilet on Russel Wilson.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

eh, he hasn't done anything to prove he's a stud yet, even if he has that potential. 

FYI, his production to date is virtually indistinguishable from that of Mac Jones. 

You're inflating Trevor in your head because of his draft pedigree and associated hype. 

Trevor Lawrence year 2 to before he got hurt last year has been excellent to very good 

Mac Jones regressed year 2 and lost his job last year

Trevor Lawrence was 8-3 before getting hurt last year and obviously made the playoffs the year prior and won a playoff game in a great comeback. He also looked pretty good in KC for being so inexperienced.

Lawrence passer rating from 22-23 (92) Lawrences passer rating was higher obviously when they were 8-3 before he got hurt....

Mac Jones has a passer rating of (81) from 22-23

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Vinny's career sucked especially right before the Jets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

QB numbers are a bit inflated now, especially because the quick option routes and spread have manufactured more efficiency 

Testaverde was a late bloomer but put up really good numbers in Baltimore and made the playoffs in Cleveland in 94. In 95 Cleveland had ownership issues obviously 

If I'm not mistaken Vinny had a 4000 yard season in Baltimore. Which back then was a big deal.

98 was an incredible year tho. He was arguably the best QB in the NFL that year all things considered 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

45 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach Wilson will be given considerable playing time this season so that Payton can evaluate him. It won't be at the early part of the season unless the Bronco's opponents are able to get Nix rattled. Something on the order of Week 12 or shortly thereafter. If Zach measures up the Broncos will pony up for a Bridge Contract. Something on the order of 6 to 7 million dollars per year for 2 years fully guaranteed. That's Lunch Money compared to what the Bronco flushed down the toilet on Russel Wilson.

lol what?  He’s much closer to being cut than he is getting any playing time in the regular season.  What in the world are you talking about at this point?  Is this trolling?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

This might honestly be one of the most asinine things I’ve ever read on this forum.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  He’s much closer to being cut than he is getting any playing time in the regular season.  What in the world are you talking about at this point?  Is this trolling?

Payton is keeping Nix on the bench this week and playing Stidham for a series. He’s going to throw Zach out there for 3 1/2 quarters in much the same way the Jets are going to deploy Adrian Martinez.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Trevor Lawrence year 2 to before he got hurt last year has been excellent to very good 

Mac Jones regressed year 2 and lost his job last year

Trevor Lawrence was 8-3 before getting hurt last year and obviously made the playoffs the year prior and won a playoff game in a great comeback. He also looked pretty good in KC for being so inexperienced.

Lawrence passer rating from 22-23 (92) Lawrences passer rating was higher obviously when they were 8-3 before he got hurt....

Mac Jones has a passer rating of (81) from 22-23

Why are you cherry-picking 22-23? If you compare their overall numbers since they entered the league, they are very similar. 

I’m also not telling you that Mac Jones is as good as Lawrence. I’m just telling you that Lawrence hasn’t proven to be a star yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Why are you cherry-picking 22-23? If you compare their overall numbers since they entered the league, they are very similar. 

I’m also not telling you that Mac Jones is as good as Lawrence. I’m just telling you that Lawrence hasn’t proven to be a star yet. 

Because 99% of rookie QBs usually struggle and both QBs have gone in opposite directions since... 

From 22 to 23 and when the jags were 8-3 before Lawrence got hurt, he  was a borderline top 5-7 qb

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Because 99% of rookie QBs usually struggle and both QBs have gone in opposite directions since... 

From 22 to 23 when the jags were 8-3 Lawrence was a borderline top 5-7 qb

Eh, I don’t think his first 11 games last year was enough to get him to top 5 in the sport. So far, he’s had a bad first year, a good second year, and a mixed third year. 

He’s solid and he has a lot of potential but he’s not there yet 

no need to crown these guys so early 

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I don’t think his first 11 games last year was enough to get him to top 5 in the sport. So far, he’s had a bad first year, a good second year, and a mixed third year. 

He’s solid and he has a lot of potential but he’s not there yet 

no need to crown these guys so early 

I mean we just disagree. But I respect everyone's opinion 

If there was a gm draft I think most would take Lawrence around 5. I would 

18 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

You missed my point. Vinny turned it around after 10 miserable seasons in the NFL. And talk about weird made absolutely no progress in those first 10 years. Vinny won only 4 games each year in his 8th, 9th and 10th years in the league. Then in 1998 he wins 12 games and loses 1. Do you think Vinny was magically transformed in the 1997 - 98 off season ? And Jet fans seem to think we have seen the best out of Zach after only 3 seasons ?

there are many QBs drafted as high as Zach that were never heard of again.

Blake Bortles 2014 #3 was out of the NFL by 26. and he threw 35 TDs in his 2nd year.

RG 3 2012 #2 was OROY and then after a few years disappeared. 

i can name a hell of a lot more guys who were done by 26 then who had their 1st good year in their 10th year.

the odds are heavily favored that Zach Wilson is out of football at 26-27 then it is he gives you a good season at age 30

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

QB numbers are a bit inflated now, especially because the quick option routes and spread have manufactured more efficiency 

Testaverde was a late bloomer but put up really good numbers in Baltimore and made the playoffs in Cleveland in 94. In 95 Cleveland had ownership issues obviously 

If I'm not mistaken Vinny had a 4000 yard season in Baltimore. Which back then was a big deal.

98 was an incredible year tho. He was arguably the best QB in the NFL that year all things considered 

You guys make excuses for everyone except Wilson

Vinny T had 13 TDs and 35 interceptions in his 2nd year LMFAO

35 INTERCEPTIONS

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sean Payton is going to cut Zach Wilson next Tuesday and immediately forget he exists

Reading the Denver Media directly contradicts that assertion.

Sean Payton has spoken in glowing terms of Zach 's in camp. The Denver media has reported that Zach has made plays that has turned the heads surprising both Payton and Offensive Coordinator Joe Lombardi with his skill and arm strength.

The Denver Media has also reported that Payton has given a strong impression the Broncos will retain all 3 QBs currently on the Roster

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

there are many QBs drafted as high as Zach that were never heard of again.

Yeah but there are QBs drafted and dumped by the Jets that are still kicking around the league. And the 2 of the 3 most recent QB Prospects dumped by the Jets are Currently Starting QBs in the NFL.

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

Reading the Denver Media directly contradicts that assertion.

Sean Payton has spoken in glowing terms of Zach 's in camp. The Denver media has reported that Zach has made plays that has turned the heads surprising both Payton and Offensive Coordinator Joe Lombardi with his skill and arm strength.

The Denver Media has also reported that Payton has given a strong impression the Broncos will retain all 3 QBs currently on the Roster

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2024 at 1:53 PM, Matt39 said:

Vinny was also super athletic. His career was a major disappointment, but he stuck around bc of his size and I have to imagine he was well liked in the locker room. Jeff George stuck around because of his arm.

We must have a lot of younger posters who never saw Vinny play.  He was a waaayyyy better player than Zach Wilson.  He could actually read defenses and convert on third down

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Plen T said:

You guys make excuses for everyone except Wilson

Vinny T had 13 TDs and 35 interceptions in his 2nd year LMFAO

35 INTERCEPTIONS

Zach is a hair away from getting cut by the broncos for a mediocre to poor TC and preseason yet you guys are now in this fantasy world where Zach is the next Vinny Testaverde 

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We must have a lot of younger posters who never saw Vinny play.  He was a waaayyyy better player than Zach Wilson.  He could actually read defenses and convert on third down

You're a funny dude.

When he was in Tampa Testaverde's propensity for throwing INTs was so bad the team resorted to giving him tests for Color Blindness. They couldn't believe a QB could miss a Receiver by the huge margins he was racking up.

23 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The year before the Jets signed Vinny. Testaverde had a 4 - 8 Won Loss Record. in 2022 Zach Wilson 5-4 in 2023 Wilson was 4-7

Vinny threw for 18tds to 15ints in 1997 and 33tds to 19ints in 1996.  Vinny also went to the playoffs a couple years earlier and won a playoff game.  Zach will never sniff either one of those things.

It’s fun watching ZW Justice Warriors move the goalposts every offseason.  3 years ago Zach was the next Pat Mahomes.  Earlier this offseason he was the next Drew Brees the Sean Payton reclamation project who becomes a hall of famer.  Now Zach is the next Vinny Testaverde despite the fact he has even less in common with Vinny then he does Drew Brees.  I guess after Zach is officially out of the NFL he will be the next Doug Flutie

• Upvote 1