ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Geno with the Jets was never as bad as ZW

Geno never looked completely overwhelmed trying to navigate an NFL pocket or to hit basic throws or make basic reads the way ZW did

He also never threw his teammates under the bus or quit on the team, actually refusing to play (before the news goes public and then he suddenly has a change of heart and is willing to suit up 🙃)

IK Enemkpali would like to have a word on the bold.  😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Geno never looked completely overwhelmed trying to navigate an NFL pocket or to hit basic throws or make basic reads the way ZW did

He also never threw his teammates under the bus or quit on the team, actually refusing to play (before the news goes public and then he suddenly has a change of heart and is willing to suit up 🙃)

We had an 8-8 record with Geno throwing to trash WRs.  Zach would have died if he played on that 2013 or 2014 team

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 6:44 AM, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/zach-wilson-breaks-silence-on-jets-departure/ar-BB1ngenR?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=c299924e712d4e529215d1d9c69c961b&ei=18

"“Obviously, there’s bittersweet moments in everything,” Wilson said. “I was grateful for my experiences there and the guys. I miss the guys out there and everything too. But at the same time, a fresh start is good. I’m excited to attack a new challenge.”"

Things couldn’t have gone worse for Wilson in New York. Now, he’ll have a chance to turn his career around with a new franchise in 2024."

FYI... I don't care if this has been posted already and I don't care if this needs to be merged.  Now that Zach Wilson is no longer a Jet, this group is charged to keep adding more posts about him through his experience in Denver, retirement and beyond.  

Actually the topics were merged into one thread to reduce the discussion about Zach rather than have numerous threads proliferate across the Board. Yes we know you resent it but I find it interesting to watch what comes of Zach as I am of the suspicion the issue is not Zach letting the Team down but rather The Jets ruining a sold Quarterback prospect. That is why I will be watching the Minnesota Vikings -San Francisco 49ers game today as well as the Jets - Titans game.

Look Darnold had some very terrible games at Carolina and the reason he lost his starting job there. He kind of rebounded and didn't play much with SF last year. Maybe he signed with them to get a breather and work with a good offensive staff knowing he was backup. Maybe same deal with Zach this year. Use it as a learning year and sign somewhere else next season where he has a better chance to play. Although other Denver QBs aren't rock solid. If they falter he could get a chance to play. The reason Darnold starting could be because of McCarthy injury. 

26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Darnold had some very terrible games at Carolina and the reason he lost his starting job there. He kind of rebounded and didn't play much with SF last year. Maybe he signed with them to get a breather and work with a good offensive staff knowing he was backup. Maybe same deal with Zach this year. Use it as a learning year and sign somewhere else next season where he has a better chance to play. Although other Denver QBs aren't rock solid. If they falter he could get a chance to play. The reason Darnold starting could be because of McCarthy injury. 

He didn't play much in SF because he sucks and Shanahan knew he sucks (otherwise he'd still be there as the backup).  In his lone start (he did appear in 9 other games though, mind you) to show what he could do in a near-perfect situation he was blah as a thrower (16-26, 189 yds, 1 TD), took 3 sacks, fumbled twice and lost one.  Despite having traded away Lance already and needing someone to back up Purdy in '24, Shanahan was like "no thanks" and went with Brandon Allen and Josh Dobbs as the backups instead.

It's going to play out in Minnesota just like it did in Carolina:  Look OK for a couple games, get everyone riled up, then f**k it up and have fans counting down the days until JJ McCarthy is available.  Hell, one classic "ghost game" type performance and fans will be calling for one of the current backups (Nick Mullens/Brett Rypien) and/or for Minnesota to sign someone like Tannehill.

Your willingness to hang in there with sh*t QBs is....admirable?  But it isn't based in reality.  That said, he's far better than Zach Wilson and his career will last much longer so he has that going for him!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Darnold is KICKING San Frans Butt today!

Vikings are going to win!

Ummmmm Good Grief!!!!!

On 9/14/2024 at 4:10 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sanchez > Geno > Darnold > Zach

Jets get worse and worse at drafting QBs. We know this. I shudder to consider what abomination we will draft next to replace Rodgers.

charles laughton disney GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:20 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

IK Enemkpali would like to have a word on the bold.  😂

Yeah I mean never quit on his team? Geno literally missed the team walk though in San Diego and had to be benched for a disinterested Michael Vick because he was doing god-knows-what. While no one but him and whoever he was with knows exactly what he was up to, I can say with certainty he wasn’t at no movie.

My money is that he was hooking up with some groupie.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2024 at 1:23 AM, jgb said:

Yeah I mean never quit on his team? Geno literally missed the team walk though in San Diego and had to be benched for a disinterested Michael Vick because he was doing god-knows-what. While no one but him and whoever he was with knows exactly what he was up to, I can say with certainty he wasn’t at no movie.

My money is that he was hooking up with some groupie.

That’s more of an immaturity issue than straight-up refusing to play and walking into your head coach’s office to basically say you’re done with the franchise (despite the fact they are paying you 30M or whatever it is to be a football player).

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That’s more of an immaturity issue than straight-up refusing to play and walking into your head coach’s office to basically say you’re done with the franchise (despite the fact they are paying you 30M or whatever it is to be a football player).

I don't care about the root cause. He ****ed his team mates over and left them high and dry. That is quitting.

And by the way--as the site's preeminent Zach hater--I do not blame Zach for being hesitant to go in. He was already benched "for good" and demoted to 3rd string and told he'd be moved in the off season. I wouldn't blame him at all for not wanting to tear an ACL as a lame duck QB on the way out of town who would be fighting for his career on a different team in a few short months. 

What Geno did was exponentially worse.

And why does everyone bring up the money when trying to make an ethical point? Seems oxymoronic, doesn't it? Are you saying that the amount of pay alters the morality of a thing? 

41 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This is a quite a lofty claim. I have posts dating back to November before we drafted him in the draft forum, and throughout the last 3+ years on the main forum. I'll fight you (internetly) for this title. 

I can live with being top 3 😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

I don't care about the root cause. He ****ed his team mates over and left them high and dry. That is quitting.

And by the way--as the site's preeminent Zach hater--I do not blame Zach for being hesitant to go in. He was already benched "for good" and demoted to 3rd string and told he'd be moved in the off season. I wouldn't blame him at all for not wanting to tear an ACL as a lame duck QB on the way out of town who would be fighting for his career on a different team in a few short months. 

What Geno did was exponentially worse.

And why does everyone bring up the money when trying to make an ethical point? Seems oxymoronic, doesn't it? Are you saying that the amount of pay alters the morality of a thing? 

Two things sir

1. I'll fight you for that title

2. You cant tear an ACL running backwards

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This is a quite a lofty claim. I have posts dating back to November before we drafted him in the draft forum, and throughout the last 3+ years on the main forum. I'll fight you (internetly) for this title. 

dammit, another challenger

• Haha 1