Eagles, Packers Can't Wear Green in Brazil (CLOTHES!!!)

54 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I hope these dummies stay in their hotel, the bus and the stadium and avoid the nightlife unless they have a good guide that knows everything.

I once entered a favela with my rent a car in rio. Ya i went 200 ft and turned around quick. 

This happened to my buddy last year. Followed his GPS blindly and wound up in the Upside Down. No bueno.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2024 at 9:18 PM, Warfish said:

My grandfather, RIP, when I last saw him in Scotland, warned me not to wear my NY Jets Starter Jacket (in bright 80's Jets green) in Glasgow, because some Scots might mistake it as being a supporter of Celtic, and that Rangers supporters might just shiv me for the lols because of it, lol.

Everywhere has some variant of this.  Try wearing the wrong colors in some neighborhoods of L.A., Chicago or NYC...

Yup, I know a guy about 15 years back who went to Northern Ireland and was wearing a NY Rangers hat which  prompted some guys on the street to flip his bill. It took a few minutes of a near brawl,  yelling back and forth, before they sorted it out. Crazy!  

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2024 at 1:18 PM, BreeceHallofFame said:

Half of Brazil wears green and yellow wtf are they talking about 

Exactly, Ayrton Senna’s yellow and green is still revered, not only all over Brazil, but particularly in São Paulo 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Origen said:

That's an Irish thing

It is an Irish and a Scottish thing. 

The only difference is the Scots (the Scotti tribe was Irish BTW) settled their religious differences in a sensible manner.

Those of us with non Mc and Mac surnames are from the indigenous inhabitants of Scotland.

My relatives were Caledonian - the natural inhabitants of the northeast part of Scotland.  We identify as Pictish as well as Highlander.

5 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

It is an Irish and a Scottish thing. 

The only difference is the Scots (the Scotti tribe was Irish BTW) settled their religious differences in a sensible manner.

Those of us with non Mc and Mac surnames are from the indigenous inhabitants of Scotland.

My relatives were Caledonian - the natural inhabitants of the northeast part of Scotland.  We identify as Pictish as well as Highlander.

We just had the Dutch come in dressed in Orange with their Protestantism and all that in Derry and it was downhill ever since.

• Haha 1

We just had the Dutch come in dressed in Orange with their Protestantism and all that in Derry and it was downhill ever since.

Yes, I’ve seen that too. The Earl of Reay is Dutch. When I lasted visited there were folks there wearing orange too.

like I said, my folks are Protestant too but my Mother came from a Catholic family and that has never been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 2 months later...

a radio host today said they are warning the fans from America who go down there to be careful of being robbed. also said the Players were told not leave there hotel room.

why the hell is the NFL playing games in a country like this?

A.J. Browns plans to stay in his room after hearing security measures for game vs. Packers in Brazil - Yahoo Sports

Packers Star Reveals Scary Information Regarding Upcoming Game in Brazil - Newsweek

The podcast opens with Long asking Jacobs about what excites him most in terms of the trip to Brazil. Jacobs is quick to state, "They told us the part of Brazil that we are going to, you can't even wear green at.

Brazil might have some rough areas, and it appears where Jacobs and the Packers are staying could be an area that has a high crime rate. This isn't the first instance of the country warning visitors about high crime.

In 2014, when the World Cup was played in Brazil, reports came out about tourists and players being instructed not to scream if they are robbed at any point.

There is no telling if the NFL players visiting the country will even be allowed out of their hotel rooms, which Jacobs pondered with some hyperbole: "They are probably going to have armored cars following us."

• Upvote 1