1. 1. Whither Rodgers?

• RFK Jr fundraiser in Cali
    • European vacation
    • Ayahuasca trip/Darkness retreat
    • Minor surgery/injury related
    • Who cares/quiet quitting is fine now
    • Other

On 6/12/2024 at 11:19 PM, T0mShane said:

I think that’s why it’s so interesting to know where he was. If it’s some bullsh*t vacation, that’s problematic. If it’s RFK’s big-money fundraiser, it’s not awesome but you can kinda see how that scheduling is beyond Rodgers’ control, and if he’s really committed to helping RFK, this seems to be one of the last big chances they have to breathe life into that campaign. 

Agreed.  I hope it wasn't some BS vacation because it makes no sense why he'd have to take it now.  Why not just take it during the offseason?  Though I still don't think it'll make a difference in the long run.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  I hope it wasn't some BS vacation because it makes no sense why he'd have to take it now.  Why not just take it during the offseason?  Though I still don't think it'll make a difference in the long run.  

Agreed also,  RFK Jr's PRIVATE high priced event last night in Glendale CA, which is so close to his Malibu home, is my bet. Can't see anything else taking priority at this point...  guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Agreed also,  RFK Jr's PRIVATE high priced event last night in Glendale CA, which is so close to his Malibu home, is my bet. Can't see anything else taking priority at this point...  guess we'll find out soon enough.

Why would he need to miss Tuesday and Wednesday for an event that took place last night and wouldn't we have heard about it by now if he was there? Did he attend in disguise? Did he travel there by train? 😅 

I think the RFK event is the least likely scenario.

9 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Whatever he is doing, it would seem apparent it's not something most folks would say "oh, got it, totally cool" or they would have just said what it was at the very beginning, and avoided any and all media drama and distraction.

"Rodgers is excused, he's with his sick aunt" = no story if Saleh says that.

So while I have no idea where he is or what he's doing (several plausible options exist), I'd wager it's not something many would empathize with or excuse as reasonably justified.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Why would he need to miss Tuesday and Wednesday for an event that took place last night and wouldn't we have heard about it by now if he was there? Did he attend in disguise? Did he travel there by train? 😅 

Dude can be anywhere from a random cave in Siberia to an event with a failed politician. 

And this is the problem, I hate Brady but he world never do this if he was in this situation 

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude can be anywhere from a random cave in Siberia to an event with a failed politician. 

And this is the problem, I hate Brady but he world never do this if he was in this situation 

Gardner is one of the leaders of the team and his opinion will carry a lot of weight within the locker room. It's just not as big of a deal that people want it to be.

Screenshot_20240614-110535_X.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini is on the “he’s on vacation somewhere very far away” explainer bus. 

If there’s no photos of him/info where he is within the next week, then he’s on vacation is my guess.
Otherwise there would’ve been some random person snapping a pic at whatever event he’s at. 

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

If there’s no photos of him/info where he is within the next week, then he’s on vacation is my guess.
Otherwise there would’ve been some random person snapping a pic at whatever event he’s at. 

If he was at the event last night, we would have heard about it already. You can bet there were reporters/photographers there looking for him entering or leaving. I highly doubt he was there.

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah Brady totally did this to the Bucs his second season after totally blowing out his leg and missing the entire first season 

Read what I typed again before you respond 

• WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Gardner is one of the leaders of the team and his opinion will carry a lot of weight within the locker room. It's just not as big of a deal that people want it to be.

Screenshot_20240614-110535_X.jpg

Yeah I’m expecting Sauce to totally throw Rod under the bus 🙄

God the Jake Asman levels of logic around here 🤣😂

18 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Oddly enough, I can’t find any photos or even mention of the fundraiser at all on social media. Normally, campaigns blast out the fundraising numbers after these big-ticket events, but there seems to be a conscious effort to keep it all in-house for some reason coughastroturfedforeigninfluenceop. That said, if Rodgers is out in Fiji and didn’t move the trip because he didn’t want to get hit with a $200 rebooking fee on Expedia, that would suck. 

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yeah I’m expecting Sauce to totally throw Rod under the bus 🙄

God the Jake Asman levels of logic around here 🤣😂

No. He wouldn't throw him under the bus. He would have just said nothing.

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Whatever he is doing, it would seem apparent it's not something most folks would say "oh, got it, totally cool" or they would have just said what it was at the very beginning, and avoided any and all media drama and distraction.

"Rodgers is excused, he's with his sick aunt" = no story if Saleh says that.

So while I have no idea where he is or what he's doing (several plausible options exist), I'd wager it's not something many would empathize with or excuse as reasonably justified.  

Absent is absent. Unless there was a death in the family, it really is, as they say, unexcused. It sends probably a somewhat poor message to his teammates, but I would bet that he has built up enough goodwill in that locker room that his teammates  do not much care other than maybe having to answer for him.

Do I think it will affect September or even December games? No. Rodgers will be judged on this season whether he takes the Jets to the playoffs or not. If he doesn't, it will be a failed season, mini-camp absence non-withstanding. 

-

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oddly enough, I can’t find any photos or even mention of the fundraiser at all on social media. Normally, campaigns blast out the fundraising numbers after these big-ticket events, but there seems to be a conscious effort to keep it all in-house for some reason coughastroturfedforeigninfluenceop. That said, if Rodgers is out in Fiji and didn’t move the trip because he didn’t want to get hit with a $200 rebooking fee on Expedia, that would suck. 

Or he could be at a religious/spiritual event that had a set date? I know a lot of people are atheists these days but it could be something along those lines. Cue the smoking dope/ayahuasca jokes 😅 But I'm being serious.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Which reactions are you referring to? In this thread specifically or that of the media at large? 

I guess any reaction at all strikes me as kind of ridiculous. This is Jimmy Johnson I'm not gonna treat you all the same level stuff about a guy who gave back 35 million dollars. I have a hard time seeing how there can be broader implications here.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Yup, I agree though I find it interesting that Rodgers, six months back, when talking about RFK Jr at about the 2:06 mark of this video likens he and RFK Jr to Luke Skywalker and Hans Solo. And then last night  RFK Jr posts a Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker promo on X... coincidence? I don't believe in them. Something's up with that...

39 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I guess any reaction at all strikes me as kind of ridiculous. This is Jimmy Johnson I'm not gonna treat you all the same level stuff about a guy who gave back 35 million dollars. I have a hard time seeing how there can be broader implications here.

Speaking for myself, I think “Rodgers misses two days of Saleh’s Twinkie munch summer camp” isn’t a big thing at all, even if it could be construed as a little canary in the coal mine as to Rodgers’ mindset. IMO, the better, more fun, story is that Saleh own-goaled himself and, by extension, Rodgers, in his presser and that could have some longer term implications if Rodgers gets a bug up his ass about it. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Absent is absent.

In terms of getting work in, yes, agreed.

Unless there was a death in the family, it really is, as they say, unexcused. It sends probably a somewhat poor message to his teammates, but I would bet that he has built up enough goodwill in that locker room that his teammates  do not much care other than maybe having to answer for him.

This is primarily a PR/appearances issue IMO.  

Do I think it will affect September or even December games? No. Rodgers will be judged on this season whether he takes the Jets to the playoffs or not. If he doesn't, it will be a failed season, mini-camp absence non-withstanding. 

Agreed.  I've said the same thing several times now as well.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Or he could be at a religious/spiritual event that had a set date? I know a lot of people are atheists these days but it could be something along those lines. Cue the smoking dope/ayahuasca jokes 😅 But I'm being serious.

Yeah, you’d have to think there was some non-negotiable scheduling component attached. 

• Upvote 1

I have to think that the donors who paid $ 6,000 and maybe those right after who paid $3,000 for the privilege of a private half hour meeting with RFK Jr at the beginning of the event last night in Glendale might have had a surprise guest... maybe why it's been hush on Rogers.  Just my hunch after RFK obviously showed that video to all, which references directly what Rodgers said 6 month's before.  Brilliant!

Tickets are available with a campaign contribution of $6,600, $3,300, $1,500, $750, or $500. 

This event is closed to press.

6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - Private Reception for Maximum Donors

6:30 PM - 7:00 PM - Reception for Maximum and Premier Donors

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM General Reception with fireside chat, Q&A, and a photo opportunity for all guests.

9 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

I have to think that the donors who paid $ 6,000 and maybe those right after who paid $3,000 for the privilege of a private half hour meeting with RFK Jr at the beginning of the event last night in Glendale might have had a surprise guest... maybe why it's been hush on Rogers.  Just my hunch after RFK obviously showed that video to all, which references directly what Rodgers said 6 month's before.  Brilliant!

Tickets are available with a campaign contribution of $6,600, $3,300, $1,500, $750, or $500. 

This event is closed to press.

6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - Private Reception for Maximum Donors

6:30 PM - 7:00 PM - Reception for Maximum and Premier Donors

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM General Reception with fireside chat, Q&A, and a photo opportunity for all guests.

I think you are confusing fantasy with reality 😅 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Trading for AR was a huge mistake the NY Jets still don’t have a QB….

If you listened right after Rodgers talked about Bobby and Luke Skywalker and Hans Solo he's asked what he's excited about. He thought for a second and said "I'm excited about playing again" "I love playing and I fell back in love with the game".... "I'm excited on taking the field again and going to battle with my guys".

He's fully invested!

• Upvote 1