1st ever Jets game..

3 minutes ago, English Jet said:

Got my tickets for Jets Vikings.. so excited, first ever NFL game and its watching the Jets 8-)

Hope everyone from the UK who wanted a ticket got one.. oh and our American friends as well haha ;)

Mazel Tov

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

You will have attended more games than many on this board.

I've been to a number of Jets games over the years, but the novelty of going to live Jets games, has definitely worn off for me.

I have more important things, to spend my money on.

I like the view of the game far better, on my 65" HD Flat Screen TV - plus there's no traffic and no drunken fools to deal with.

If the Jets ever make it to another superbowl while I'm still alive, I'll do my best to get tickets for "THAT" game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Having been to many Jets games over the years home and away, I will say with total certainty that watching from home on a big screen is better. Live games are fun, but for viewing the game itself TV is just better. But I'm taking my kids to the Jets v Jax game this year since its close and they've never been to a FB game. They LOVE Baseball, I've taken them to a lot of Spring Training and A-league Ball games and they really like it. 

When my boys were younger, I took them to a few Jets games (Jets vs Phish) just so they could have the experience to look back on.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

While I agree with you, there are some games that end up being better if you are actually at the game.

Of course, you must have primo seats to even make that statement.  My family had season tickets on the 40 yard line, 12 rows from the field.  

I was at a Jets/ Miami game when the Jets beat Dan Marino 51-45 in overtime, with Wesley Walker catching a bomb and running into the end zone for the win.  That game was exhilarating to actually witness it in person.

Also a way different fan experience back in those days.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Attending a game would be so much more enjoyable if the stadium didn't suck ass and the traffic wasn't an absolute nightmare. MetLife blows.

I remember back in 2011 (mid-November) paying around $500.00 for a seat mid-field, about 9 rows behind the Jets bench, at Metlife Stadium when the Jets were taking on the Patriots - the Jets were 4-0 at home up to that point.

The train ride in sucked and while the seats were great, as far as the view that I had, the Jets played like absolute garbage & got shellacked 37-16, which was their 1st home loss of the season.

That was the first & last time, I made the trip out to MetLife Stadium, what a miserable experience, which wound costing me about $750.00 altogether - that would be a little over $1,049.00 today.

Thanks, but no thanks.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I remember back in 2011 paying around $500.00 for a seat mid-field, about 9 rows behind the Jets bench, at Metlife stadium when the Jets were taking on the Patriots - the Jets were 4-0 at home up to that point.

The train ride in was sucked and while the seats were great, the Jets played like absolute garbage & got shellacked 37-16, which was their 1st home loss of the season.

That was the first & last time I made the trip out to MetLife stadium, what a miserable experience.

MetLife is just a horrible stadium. I had season tickets starting in 1986 through the first 2 years of MetLife. I saw a lot of good games in the Old Giants stadium. Sure they had to wrap it in green and it was named "Giants Stadium" but it was so much better than the "Air Conditioner."

I have a tie for my most enjoyable live Jets game. The first is the 1998 season playoff win over the Jags in sub freezing temps. I rented an RV for the game and they gave us antifreeze to pour into the sh*tter for everyone someone took a leak. I dressed so warm that day that I actually had to take a layer off during the game. I was sweating! That was a great win on what I thought was going to be a super bowl run 😞

The other game was the 2002 team that beat the living snot out of Manning's Colts. That was an all out party the entire game. Definitely one of the most dominant playoff performances from a Jets team, it not the most. The stadium was deafeningly loud all game. What a feeling that was! Good times for sure 👍

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was at Dan Marinos last home game ever, back in December of 1999 when the Ray Lucas led Jets beat the Dolphins. That was a great game and a great time. 

Again, that was 25 yrs ago, the fan experience was a lot different back then and you got a little more bang for your buck.

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

Again, that was 25 yrs ago, the fan experience was a lot different back then and you got a little more bang for your buck.

Giants Stadium was a much better experience.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

MetLife is just a horrible stadium. I had season tickets starting in 1986 through the first 2 years of MetLife. I saw a lot of good games in the Old Giants stadium. Sure they had to wrap it in green and it was named "Giants Stadium" but it was so much better than the "Air Conditioner."

I have a tie for my most enjoyable live Jets game. The first is the 1998 season playoff win over the Jags in sub freezing temps. I rented an RV for the game and they gave us antifreeze to pour into the sh*tter for everyone someone took a leak. I dressed so warm that day that I actually had to take a layer off during the game. I was sweating! That was a great win on what I thought was going to be a super bowl run 😞

The other game was the 2002 team that beat the living snot out of Manning's Colts. That was an all out party the entire game. Definitely one of the most dominant playoff performances from a Jets team, it not the most. The stadium was deafeningly loud all game. What a feeling that was! Good times for sure 👍

I remember that game, 41-0 Jets.

I also remember Richie Anderson busting out a long touchdown catch & run on a screen pass out in the flat.

The Jets could do no wrong that game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I remember that game, 41-0 Jets.

Hell yeah. It felt like we scored on every possession and just completed abused Peyton Manning. I hated Manning for going back to school so it made it even sweeter for me. Little did I know....😅

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Hell yeah. It felt like we scored on every possession and just completed abused Peyton Manning. I hated Manning for going back to school so it made it even sweeter for me. Little did I know....😅

Remember Richie Anderson busting out a long touchdown catch & run on a screen pass from Pennington out in the flat?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I've been to a number of Jets games over the years, but the novelty of going to live Jets games, has definitely worn off for me.

I like the view of the game far better, on my 65" HD Flat Screen TV - plus there's no traffic and no drunken fools to deal with.

If the Jets ever make it to another superbowl while I'm still alive, I'll do my best to get tickets for "THAT" game.

To each their own

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Remember Richie Anderson busting out a long touchdown catch & run on a screen pass from Pennington out in the flat?

• Upvote 2

As lousy as Woody has been, at least he tried to get the Jets out of the Swamp and back to NY. Old Man Hess didn't care for the bathrooms at Shea and the next thing you know the NEW YORK JETS are playing in Jersey. Awful.

56 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Thats my best in-person Jets experience.

Stadium was absolutely rocking, I don’t think I stood down the entire game.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

How much were you able to get the tickets for? Secondary market (Stub Hub) or through the stadium itself 

Standards tickets, I joined the queue via the stadium ticket master. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Some people just love to announce how they are done and over with live game attendance.  It's interesting.  Must be like 3 or 4 of you every year or so.  Not sure of the motives behind telling everyone but the reality is nobody really cares if you go to games or not or why for that matter.   This is a thread started by an excited fan from Great Britain who is attending his first game.. Jets game.  So your motive is to piss on his excitement?  Otherwise why post that in his happy thread?  Makes no sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Giants Stadium was a much better experience.

all depends on where your seats were. I am on the 31 yard line row16, 11 from the field.  Stadium looks great from that angle.  LOL.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a9ed2eeb9fdb9a3c26e0fd63df8b8dd8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac4ace2969beb7dd55554f026969f7bc.jpeg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Some people just love to announce how they are done and over with live game attendance.  It's interesting. 

All depends on where your seats were. I am on the 31 yard line row16, 11 from the field.  Stadium looks great from that angle.  LOL.  

And then there are some poeple who like to announce to the world where their seats are.

Atta boy.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

And then there are some poeple who like to announce to the world where their seats are.

Atta boy.

Exactly. Just like you wanted to piss on our british friend's excitement here.   Works both ways, don't it?

Really... no one cares that you don't/won't attend live games and more so, no one cares why.  Just like you don't care where I sit.

I still don't get your motive for pissing in the thread. Maybe you are that self-unaware for what that was.  Leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Exactly. Just like you wanted to piss on our british friend's excitement here.   Works both ways, don't it?

Really... no one cares that you don't/won't attend live games and more so, no one cares why.  Just like you don't care where I sit.

I still don't get your motive for pissing in the thread. Maybe you are that self-unaware for what that was.  Leave it at that.

First off, you can't piss me off.

But lets be perfectly clear - I don't answer to you and I don't need to explain myself to you.

That said, try reading the thread.

I simply responded to what others have posted and obviously, there are others who share my opinion.

Sorry that you don't, but you'll be alright.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

First off, you can't piss me off.

But lets be perfectly clear - I don't answer to you and I don't need to explain myself to you.

That said, try reading the thread.

I simply responded to what others have posted and obviously, there are others who share my opinion.

Sorry that you don't, but you'll be alright.

British fan posts his excitement about his 1st ever live game.

you: Live games suck and here are my reasons for never going again

Thanks for your contribution here. So helpful.

• Haha 4