Dan Leberfeld Nails Media Obsession With Aaron Rodgers

JetNation

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When camp actually opens, Rodgers will be doing interviews every day. He’s rather engaging in that setting. I don’t get this idea that reporters are big mad that he’s inaccessible. He’s plenty accessible. 

Rodgers is liked by the people who cover him every day. The national guys who are quasi political operatives don’t like him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When camp actually opens, Rodgers will be doing interviews every day. He’s rather engaging in that setting. I don’t get this idea that reporters are big mad that he’s inaccessible. He’s plenty accessible. 

Rodgers picks and chooses who he speaks 1 on 1 with.  

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Rodgers picks and chooses who he speaks 1 on 1 with.  

McAfee pays him to Zoom in baked to the core to talk about the Epstein List and sh*t. McAfee, internally, loves it because it’s like interviewing Antonio Brown without alienating his vast midwestern viewership. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Ehhhhhhh not all accounts. Not a lot of current Packers receivers wistful for the days of Aaron Rodgers. 

Current players typically defend the guys they are playing with and the current Packers WRs have good reason to not be thinking much about their ex QB. 

But it's definitely true that AR's ex-teammates, by and large, talk about him like their dad.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ehhhhhhh not all accounts. Not a lot of current Packers receivers wistful for the days of Aaron Rodgers. 

Greg Jennings. That’s really it. Jermichael Finley was a goofball. He was just at UFC with Mercedes Lewis, who’s probably the most respected guy currently in the league. 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers makes his own problems with the press because he’s an aging narcissist who says weird contrarian sh*t to gain attention (sup), but he combines that with a benevolent, above-it-all stoner vibe that allows people to trash him with little consequence. I think Rodgers is probably a good dude one on one, but gets too caught up in maintaining an image as some libertarian-adjacent culture warrior but he’s not committed enough to the bit to make it work

Sounds like self reflection 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Didn’t they only overlap for a year? Rodgers knew his time was over there anyways at that point.

They have two starting receivers on the roster that played with him for one year. I'm not sure if there are even backups that played with him in 2022. But they all hate him! 😅

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Isn’t the point here that he’s scrutinized more than Mahomes or Burrows etc?  
Im thinking the firestorm we had to hear because he took 2 days off after attending every off season practice, mandatory or optional for 2 years.  
Kind of like throwing the “one” in front of his ring.  Needless neg take that has nothing to do with the discussion. 

Mahomes and Burrow actually play in and win football games.  Burrow rarely gives interviews. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Didn't he tell the biggest name in NFL reporting to "lose my number" while also saying Diana Russini was a liar?

Dude stands up for himself and they hate it.  

Rodgers loves media attention and then pretends to be just a regular guy who is getting picked on.   I thought Favre was a diva Favre was frickin Soldier compared to Rodgers. One more season and he’s finally gone.  My guess is we trade for Dak or Cousins next offseason I really hope JD and Woody do not try to draft a Qb again

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Didn't he tell the biggest name in NFL reporting to "lose my number" while also saying Diana Russini was a liar?

Dude stands up for himself and they hate it.  

Right, but what was the net result of those actions? Schefter shrugged it off, Rodgers broke the Jets news on McAfee, and that was that. Russini tried getting confirmation on the Jets story, got rebuffed, and then later blew up the Jets org with her piece in The Athletic. Rodgers complaining about those two just confirmed that he was a rabbit-eared snowflake, which was also something readily apparent on Hard Knocks. This particular instance from the OP is a perfect example: McIntyre says the media was/is pissed that Rodgers didn’t tell anyone where he was going. Who was upset about that, specifically? 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but what was the net result of those actions? Schefter shrugged it off, Rodgers broke the Jets news on McAfee, and that was that. Russini tried getting confirmation on the Jets story, got rebuffed, and then later blew up the Jets org with her piece in The Athletic. Rodgers complaining about those two just confirmed that he was a rabbit-eared snowflake, which was also something readily apparent on Hard Knocks. This particular instance from the OP is a perfect example: who’s the media McIntyre says the media was/is pissed that Rodgers didn’t tell anyone where he was. Who was upset about that, specifically? 

You're trying too hard 😅

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Mahomes and Burrow actually play in and win football games.  Burrow rarely gives interviews. 

And Rodgers doesn’t in your astute estimation.  Along with Burrow and Mahomes lasting until their 40’s.  
Burrow gives interviews, what are you talking about? 

On 6/27/2024 at 7:32 PM, T0mShane said:

Rodgers makes his own problems with the press because he’s an aging narcissist who says weird contrarian sh*t to gain attention (sup), but he combines that with a benevolent, above-it-all stoner vibe that allows people to trash him with little consequence. I think Rodgers is probably a good dude one on one, but gets too caught up in maintaining an image as some libertarian-adjacent culture warrior but he’s not committed enough to the bit to make it work

Spoken as if these were the pages of the Atlantic 

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2024 at 1:42 AM, T0mShane said:

Right, but they have ample evidence that he’s a jerk. Everyone in that Green Bay orbit will tell you he’s a jerk. Mike McCarthy and Matt LaFleur think he’s a jerk. His own family thinks he’s a jerk. It’s ok to be a jerk athlete. Unfortunately for Rodgers, he’s an old jerk athlete playing for an historically inept franchise, so the knives are out. Likewise, the media also sucks, but Rodgers clearly invites their ire and revels in playing the role of the heel. Dude is going to implode when he retires and no longer has the evil media giving a sh*t about his whereabouts. 

Gladiator GIF