Why are you guys always so mad at the Jets?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  The players and coaches change.  We don't, and are stuck with the franchise thru every regime change.  We're all just a bunch of angry old men at this point.

And no, changing teams really isn't an option for nearly all of us.  I can't just quit and become a Giants or Steelers fan.  Gross.  I'd stop watching the NFL altogether rather than stop being a Jets fan.  So we're stuck.

YUP…4A63F926-7F96-4A1D-9BDD-6A73B6DCBDD8.jpeg.4a538e8b51cffe0461bd84edcce26731.jpegme on Sundays after the game…
69DF00AE-7271-4F63-843B-7A9AD7540B7C.gif.5c77eae97ecfd4567ce7c1163dc775ed.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

A real captain goes down with sinking ship.  They don’t resign after four plays .   What a disgrace .  You shouldn’t show your face after that fiasco.

I would be offended if u werent the biggest clown on this board.

To the rest of you, “We will rise again!”

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bro, I’ve already excepted the captain’s helm for this upcoming season, It will be on the Titans board but we will not falter. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your resigned to the fact you’re a quitter .   Hopefully the Jet fans more loyal to their team.  Don’t run at the first time things go wrong.  You get hit in the mouth , you don’t run away and hide.  

38 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Bro, I’ve already excepted the captain’s helm for this upcoming season, It will be on the Titans board but we will not falter. 

The bar is very low .   All you have to make it through four plays in the season , and it will be a big improvement from the last train wreck captain.    Good time to become Captain .

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Your resigned to the fact you’re a quitter .   Hopefully the Jet fans more loyal to their team.  Don’t run at the first time things go wrong.  You get hit in the mouth , you don’t run away and hide.  

I'm a man of respect around here. They love me. I'm a swell guy.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The bar is very low .   All you have to make it through four plays in the season , and it will be a big improvement from the last train wreck captain.    Good time to become Captain .

I was captain for 10 plays.  Get your facts straight.

On 7/9/2024 at 5:31 PM, Nolder said:

I thought this was a fan forum for people who like the Jets I’m confused.

How long have you been a fan of the Jets?  You sound young.  For those of us who have been fans for 40-50 years, we are tired of stupid, clueless owners who continually make horrible hires at GM and HC, who make terrible draft choices and who can't do their jobs competently.  Haven't you ever heard the expression that "there's a thin line between love and hate?"

I think most fans do still love/like the Jets, but there are some, whom I think have passed over into hate.  They are so filled with bitterness, negativity, and cynicism that they have no hope and they criticize everything about the Jets. They claim they have no choice, that once one becomes a fan, one is a fan for a lifetime.  I think that's utter nonsense!  We chose to become fan of the teams we like at some point in time, and we can choose to no longer follow and root for a team and/or be bothered by dumb moves they make.

Sports and rooting for a team are supposed to be fun.  I used to be a fan of ACC basketball.  Not any more.  I chose to walk away, and I don't miss it.  I was huge Yankee fan growing up, and eventually Steinbrenner and the losing turned me off, and I didn't follow baseball or the Yankees for years.  I just started following them a little a couple of years ago, mostly due to Judge.  I've come close to quitting on the Jets before.  

Before JD was hired, I was ready to walk away. When he was hired, I got renewed hope, but by mid-season last year, I had lost hope, and was ready to walk away again.  I took a break for several months and refreshed by mind.  This is probably it for me.  If they fail this year, I'm probably done. If they fall on their faces this year, have zero confidence in Woody hiring a competent GM and/or HC that will make a difference.  I think Woody's incompetence and meddling undermine anything good a GM or HC might do.  I've been following the team for 59 years and have experienced enough frustration and embarrassment for 2-3 lifetimes because of this team.  I'm not a masochist.  I won't be a hanger on out of habit or because I feel I have no choice, and be a Debby downer for everyone else.  Once I reach that point, I will simply walk away.  Life's too short to continue to do something that brings frustration instead of enjoyment.

9 hours ago, Claymation said:

There are plenty Gen Zers that like the Jets. Most don't post here.

Boomers don't know how to post on Social Media without asking someone to help.

Gen Xers prefer this forums than cess pool of Social Media.

Millennials Post here because they got there butt kicked on Twitter, and would rather endure the ill-temperament of Boomers than the excrement-storm twitter can unleash on them.

I'm a Boomer and I have zero problems with social media, and don't need help.

27 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I know when to pick my spots. 

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed, as long as I don’t go to bed hungry, I’m good. 

The worst feeling in the world.  That's why I can't get in a twist about the Jets not drafting a better prospect in round five of the draft.  Too many people going to bed hungry.  Italian sandwiches for everyone before bed!  

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2024 at 2:48 PM, JustInFudge said:

They suck.  That’s why.  And we are all gluttons for punishment.

Yep. I get asked how I can root for them. 

I have friends who are Browns and Raider fans, misery makes for great drinking buddies. 

My Ladyfriend whom I've been with for almost 3 years often says supporting the Jets is like S & M just no whips or chains involved. Just pain and humiliation.

4 hours ago, JKlecko said:

How long have you been a fan of the Jets?  You sound young.  For those of us who have been fans for 40-50 years, we are tired of stupid, clueless owners who continually make horrible hires at GM and HC, who make terrible draft choices and who can't do their jobs competently.  Haven't you ever heard the expression that "there's a thin line between love and hate?"

I think most fans do still love/like the Jets, but there are some, whom I think have passed over into hate.  They are so filled with bitterness, negativity, and cynicism that they have no hope and they criticize everything about the Jets. They claim they have no choice, that once one becomes a fan, one is a fan for a lifetime.  I think that's utter nonsense!  We chose to become fan of the teams we like at some point in time, and we can choose to no longer follow and root for a team and/or be bothered by dumb moves they make.

Sports and rooting for a team are supposed to be fun.  I used to be a fan of ACC basketball.  Not any more.  I chose to walk away, and I don't miss it.  I was huge Yankee fan growing up, and eventually Steinbrenner and the losing turned me off, and I didn't follow baseball or the Yankees for years.  I just started following them a little a couple of years ago, mostly due to Judge.  I've come close to quitting on the Jets before.  

Before JD was hired, I was ready to walk away. When he was hired, I got renewed hope, but by mid-season last year, I had lost hope, and was ready to walk away again.  I took a break for several months and refreshed by mind.  This is probably it for me.  If they fail this year, I'm probably done. If they fall on their faces this year, have zero confidence in Woody hiring a competent GM and/or HC that will make a difference.  I think Woody's incompetence and meddling undermine anything good a GM or HC might do.  I've been following the team for 59 years and have experienced enough frustration and embarrassment for 2-3 lifetimes because of this team.  I'm not a masochist.  I won't be a hanger on out of habit or because I feel I have no choice, and be a Debby downer for everyone else.  Once I reach that point, I will simply walk away.  Life's too short to continue to do something that brings frustration instead of enjoyment.

Oh I’m not a Jets fan. I’m not even really into sports to be honest. I like nerdy sh*t like books and dungeons and dragons and Pokemon. I come to this forum mainly to play guess who on the internet with some friends. I think some of them like the Jets. Maybe. Sometimes I’m not really sure. Want to play with us sometime? I can put you on the list of people to tag when we have a game going. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Remember when an assistant coach gave Jamarcus Russell a blank DVD and told him to study the plays on it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Oh I’m not a Jets fan. I’m not even really into sports to be honest. I like nerdy sh*t like books and dungeons and dragons and Pokemon. I come to this forum mainly to play guess who on the internet with some friends. I think some of them like the Jets. Maybe. Sometimes I’m not really sure. Want to play with us sometime? I can put you on the list of people to tag when we have a game going. 

Thanks, for the invitation, but I don't really have time to add anything else to my plate.

• Upvote 2

Because of Ownership's mismanagement- we have the worst team owner in the history of all New York professional sports teams. Even the 1962 Mets eventually righted the ship and brought Championship trophy to the City. This team under Woody and his Brother Chris' leadership is the WORST IN HISTORY that's why

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Because of Ownership's mismanagement- we have the worst team owner in the history of all New York professional sports teams. Even the 1962 Mets eventually righted the ship and brought Championship trophy to the City. This team under Woody and his Brother Chris' leadership is the WORST IN HISTORY that's why

Post Uk Woody is one of the best owners in the nfl.  Your takes are outdated.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

OK, LET'S RE-CAP AFTER RETURNING FROM HIS STINT as the Ambassador to the UK the Jets have been on a tear

2021; 4-13 4th place in the AFCE

2022: 7-10 4th place in the AFCE

2022; 7-10 3rd place in the AFCE

That makes it 18-33

should I post the records of these Jets teams since the day that Woody Johnson expressed his feelings about what football meant to him compared to presidential politics  and then compare it to the numbers BEFORE the dumbest statement ever made by an NFL owner?

I'm of the mind that this team under this ownership will NEVER win a Super Bowl

• Haha 1

Because after watching us win our 1st and only Super Bowl back in 1968 I never thought we would pass the 1/2 century mark without having another Super Bowl appearance (forget even winning another Super Bowl). Now I’m just hoping we can get back to the SB before we hit the full century mark in about 40 yrs from now.

Of course I will be long dead by that point, but at least some of you younger guys will still be around to hopefully see the miracle of our Jets getting back to the promised land again one day.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

7 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

OK, LET'S RE-CAP AFTER RETURNING FROM HIS STINT as the Ambassador to the UK the Jets have been on a tear

That makes it 18-33

should I post the records of these Jets teams since the day that Woody Johnson expressed his feelings about what football meant to him compared to presidential politics  and then compare it to the numbers BEFORE the dumbest statement ever made by an NFL owner?

AD7C0913-C5DC-4C20-B7D4-5A004124A284.thumb.jpeg.9d56ed261f74ae7c376e247bb5686d97.jpeg

18 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

Because after watching us win our 1st and only Super Bowl back in 1968 I never thought we would pass the 1/2 century mark without having another Super Bowl appearance (forget even winning another Super Bowl). Now I’m just hoping we can get back to the SB before we hit the full century mark in about 40 yrs from now.

Of course I will be long dead by that point, but at least some of you younger guys will still be around to hopefully see the miracle of our Jets getting back to the promised land again one day.

How much longer until Woody kicks off? 15-20 more years? Then I might see a super bowl

11 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

That makes it 18-33

When Woody took over, his 1st 11 years, the jets were one of the best franchises in the nfl.  Multiple playoff appearnaces, division title, 2 afc championship games etc.

He hit a rough patch in the middle of his tenure.

He now has a top 3 talent wise team in the league and about to go 13-4 if his qb stays healthy.

Woody has been a very solid owner snd Post UK Woody will be a champion.

Accept it jet fans.