Didn’t see this posted: Aaron Rodgers mad at Saleh for calling his absence unexcused?

Aaron to Saleh: 

Aaron: Hey Coach I’ll be missing minicamp. Heading to Egypt that week on a plan trip 

Saleh: Um, ok. You do know it’s a mandatory camp so you are subject to a fine if you miss it 

Aaron: Haha, yea go ahead fine me. That’s a good one. I’m really excited to see the pyramids, I’ll bring you back a souvenir.

Saleh: Um, thanks but…

Aaron: BTW, I’ve written down some plays that I want the team to run while I’m gone. Can you please ensure Nathanial has them? Ok, I got to run. Have a good time at practice. 

Welcome to 2024 where employees manage their bosses and work on their own terms. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Haha Russini! She makes everything up. Let’s revisit all those insidious lies she told about the hugely successful and very well run 2024 NY Jets!

1. Those sources described a team riddled with excuse-making, a paranoid head coach, an ill-equipped offensive coordinator and an organizational tunnel vision on the quarterback that rubbed some teammates wrong.

2. when Rodgers became available, Johnson was starstruck — again.

To woo the four-time All-Pro, the owner approved the hiring of Hackett on Jan. 26. Rodgers won MVP awards in 2020 and 2021 after Hackett was hired as the Packers’ coordinator in 2019, and the quarterback developed a close friendship with the coach.

3.The Jets made Rodgers comfortable in other ways, pursuing some of his former Green Bay teammates and other friends in free agency before he officially joined the team in April

4. The quarterback stuck around for offseason workouts, a rarity when he was with the Packers. On the field and in meetings, he put everything he had into changing the culture of the organization. 

5. New York’s talented defensive line consistently outplayed them in practice. Growing pains were expected in a new offense full of new personnel, but one coach said it was concerning how little urgency Hackett and his staff showed in trying to fix it, saying he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.

6. During games, Hackett struggled to make adjustments. Against the Dallas Cowboysin Week 2, Carter asked Hackett to give left tackle Duane Brown more help blocking Cowboys star pass rusher Micah Parsons, according to multiple team sources. But Hackett never adjusted, and Parsons dominated (two sacks, four QB hits) in a 30-10 loss.

7. In Week 6, Rodgers started flying in from California for games and was an active voice on the sideline headsets, offering opinions and ideas along with Hackett and the other offensive coaches before flying back to California the next day. 

8. The Jets finished the season ranked last in third down conversions, red zone offense and total offensive EPA, 31st in total yards, 30th in offensive points per game and 30th in passing yards. They scored 10 offensive touchdowns in their first 12 games — and 18 total in 17 games.

9. Hackett will return as the offensive coordinator in 2024, though team and league sources say Saleh has explored adding to the offensive staff and creating a more collaborative play-calling process that would reduce Hackett’s role

10. In the aftermath of Rodgers’ injury, Saleh bemoaned his bad luck. Throughout his tenure, he has often wondered aloud if he was doomed to the same fate as Vic Fangio, a brilliant defensive coach cursed by misfortune at quarterback. Fangio was fired by the Broncos in 2021 after three seasons and a 19-30 record despite building an elite defense. Saleh’s Jets — and his elite defense, ranked No. 1 in 2023 by PFF— are 18-33 in his three years as coach.

11.  Publicly, Saleh avoided criticizing Zach Wilson or even acknowledging his struggles. Privately, the coach pinned many of the team’s offensive issues on Wilson, the line and the receivers and told people getting to eight wins with Wilson at quarterback would be a “miracle.”

12. But in the days before the Falcons game, Saleh reversed course and told Wilson to start practicing as if he might play again. He did not play against Atlanta, but after the Jets lost, Wilson knew they were considering starting him again. He expressed reluctance about returning to play and said he would politely decline if asked, based on his previous conversation with Saleh and fears of getting injured behind the Jets’ makeshift offensive line.

13. As Rodgers was pushing the limits of torn Achilles rehab, determined to return in a little over three months — an unprecedented recovery time for that injury — Wilson, along with some Jets teammates and coaches, grew tired of the way Saleh fawned over Rodgers, according to team sources.

14. “That’s a problem with the organization,” Rodgers said on “The Pat McAfee Show.” “We need to get to the bottom of whatever this is coming from and put a stop to it privately, because there’s no place in a winning culture … and this isn’t the only time. There’s been a bunch of other leaks

15. That sent Saleh into a tailspin. The coach held a meeting with his staff two days later where he asked the leaker to reveal himself, according to multiple people in attendance. “If you come forward now, you won’t get in trouble,” he told them while threatening to take their cell phones. Staffers were bemused by Saleh’s obsession with the Wilson story and his reaction to it.

16. Some of the stuff in the offseason with Aaron, with ‘Hard Knocks,’ I feel like we lost track of some things,” star cornerback Sauce Gardner said, adding, “When there’s a lot of cameras and a lot of stuff going on, you can lose track of the main thing. At the end of the day, we still got to win.”

Haha recalling now that Jets Twitter’s big issue with this article was the assertion that Woody Johnson reads Twitter.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why wouldn’t the Jets have gotten out in front of this? Saleh cancelled minicamp last year for gods sakes.

To be fair to the jets on this one Matt, I believe they did.

saleh clearly explained his words were terminology in line with league regulations

russini is really being foolish at this point and simply trying anything for a story

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

To be fair to the jets on this one Matt, I believe they did.

saleh clearly explained his words were terminology in line with league regulations

russini is really being foolish at this point and simply trying anything for a story

They should have been out in front of this at OTA’s when the vibes were good. If Saleh or Rodgers plainly stated they compromised on this no one would have cared.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They should have been out in front of this at OTA’s when the vibes were good. If Saleh or Rodgers plainly stated they compromised on this no one would have cared.

Nobody actually does care, except you, Tom and this strangely deranged and obsessed lady. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t be mad because we’re clear-eyed on the subject.

Wishing the Jets communicated better (something that’s been an issue for a long time) seems like an appropriate thing to care about. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wishing the Jets communicated better (something that’s been an issue for a long time) seems like an appropriate thing to care about. 

Given Rodgers’ vast history of turning on coaches whom he felt were disloyal to him or ungrateful for his continued participation in their programs, how does anyone think Rodgers won’t chalk this up as a violation against Saleh? Dude feeds on perceived sleights. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Given Rodgers’ vast history of turning on coaches whom he felt were disloyal to him or ungrateful for his continued participation in their programs, how does anyone think Rodgers won’t chalk this up as a violation against Saleh? Dude feeds on perceived sleights. 

In my estimation it seems like Saleh doesn’t have any issue pushing back at Woody behind closed doors. 

An unexcused absence is based on what is not considered a viable reason to not attend.  Whether people approve the absence does not necessarily make it excused.

Saleh stating it was unexcused is accurate.  Probably sending a message that even Aaron Rodgers is held to that standard, and probably was discussed between both of them prior.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In my estimation it seems like Saleh doesn’t have any issue pushing back at Woody behind closed doors. 

Eh. I can’t see how Woody would tolerate that without recourse. More likely (imo) Saleh bitches to Douglas, but takes the bullets in public for whatever they decide anyway. If Saleh was confronting Woody last season, Ulbrich would be the coach right now.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

“That sent Saleh into a tailspin. The coach held a meeting with his staff two days later where he asked the leaker to reveal himself, according to multiple people in attendance. “If you come forward now, you won’t get in trouble,” he told them while threatening to take their cell phones. Staffers were bemused by Saleh’s obsession with the Wilson story and his reaction to it“

This will always be the funniest part of the “30 sourcecapades.”  It, genuinely, will never be unfunny to me that 2 grown adults got together, came up with this, and convinced Jets fans that an NFL head coach was doing his best Jack Bauer impression to figure out a story centered around Zach f’ng Wilson.

I wonder what happened next?!  Was Saleh just about to nail the case when all of a sudden he got a phone call from a mysterious stranger telling him to come to an abandoned warehouse in Bayonne if he wants to really crack the case?  Did he ever let the coaches out of the room?  What did he tell the widows of the two guys he had already killed to show the rest he was serious???  I can’t wait to see how the writers wrap this one up in the finale!!

Don’t make me take your phones because I will ok!

IMG_5439.jpeg

• Haha 1