Aaron Rodgers Preseason Play?

Aaron Rodgers Preseason  

80 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD Aaron Rodgers Play in PS Game 3?

• No, full bubble wrap mode.
    • Yes, but only a drive or 2.
    • Yes, play him into the 3rd quarter as per traditional 3rd PS game.
  2. 2. WILL Aaron Rodgers Play in PS Game 3?

• No, full bubble wrap mode.
    • Yes, but only a drive or 2.
    • Yes, into the 3rd quarter as per traditional 3rd PS game.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/23/2024 at 09:41 PM

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

I wonder if their slow start to the beginning of last season is the reason for this. Does anyone know if they had the same preseason game plan with Mahommes last year? 

Mahomes played in 2 of the 3 preseason games last year

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Why?

Anyone would have some reservation after a devastating injury, and Rodgers, I am sure, is no different.

Getting into game action without a red jersey is a step toward moving some of that reservation and letting football instinct take over.

Jmo

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I always get a kick out of it when Saleh defends his tissue-soft camps and preseasons by saying he wants to keep his players fresh for the long haul. He’s 4-14 in games played after December 1st.

I don’t get it. 

21 minutes ago, hawk said:

I feel it is important to remove as much doubt that the Achilles tendon is ready, and imo, a drive or two will go along way in that regard.

I think a small ramp up period against the Giants would be good. You don’t want his first live action in a year to be in a hostile road environment against a violent defense. Let him shake off the cobwebs and get a little comfortable.

I expect Saleh to leave him on the bench because he’s a moron. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Meanwhile, week 1:

”Penalties, miscommunications, breakdowns…. Saleh never has this team ready to play!!!!”

Well, he never does have them ready at gametime, so there's that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I always get a kick out of it when Saleh defends his tissue-soft camps and preseasons by saying he wants to keep his players fresh for the long haul. He’s 4-14 in games played after December 1st.

Baltusrol Bob has to get in a few rounds of 18 holes before winter sets in. Plus with all the Christmas sales, gets great deals on new clubs every December. What's the point of having a brand new driver if you can't test it for real? 

Seriously would wager he's got some Top Golf type place open in the middle of the night during the week in season. Really he has NOTHING to do with the offense other than the decisions like going for it or kicking it on 4th down. Might not have very much input on roster decisions on that side of the ball. Rodgers and Hackett are in charge. He's a total passenger for that part of the game. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hawk said:

Anyone would have some reservation after a devastating injury, and Rodgers, I am sure, is no different.

Getting into game action without a red jersey is a step toward moving some of that reservation and letting football instinct take over.

Jmo

What difference does it make either way though 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Why argue about Roe V Wade?! The Supreme Court doesn’t consider what the fans have to say!!!! 

But the people who become President who appoint them, and the Senators who confirm them, do.

4 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Is it not true? If I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me — I’m just going by practice reports here and on several other sites. Here is what I have:

Aug 7 — No practice because day before joint practice with Commanders

Aug 8 — Joint practice with Commanders, Rogers sits out

Aug 9 — No practice because day after joint practice, day before preseason game 1 (maybe there’s a walk through for the guys who will be playing? It was not reported on anywhere I could find)

Aug 10 — Preseseason game 1 — Rodgers and all starters sit out

Aug 11 — Off day after preseason game 1

Aug 12Regular practice

Aug 13 — Regular practice

Aug 14 — No practice because traveling to Carolina

Aug 15 — Joint practice with Panthers

Aug 16 — No practice because day before preseason game 2 … again, maybe there’s a walk through for those who will play?

Aug 17 — Preseason game 2, Rodgers and all starters sit out

Aug 18 — Off day because day after preseason game 2

So, again, maybe I’m missing something. If so, please let me know what.

There’s also a lot of time between the Giants game and Week 1. I’m sure we can all guess on how Salehs going to handle that. 

Play the bottom 45 guys on the roster in the game. 

Play the starters in the shared practice. 

Daboll is a thumb head idiot. He tried to show up the jets last year. 

Let him show up the 4th string 

the Jets will have 2 weeks to get ready for the 9ers after the game. 

put Rodgers in bubble wrap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You said “3 practices in 12 days” but I think it’s actually “4 practices (2 of them scrimmages) and 1 preseason game” - right?

also, Rodgers missing the Commanders scrimmage sucked 

Jets appear to be off again today. 

On 8/18/2024 at 10:50 AM, slimjasi said:

You said “3 practices in 12 days” but I think it’s actually “4 practices (2 of them scrimmages) and 1 preseason game” - right?

I don’t think I understand your response — I laid out the timeline starting from August 6 in my last post and there were three practices — 2 with the team, one with the Panthers. I don’t know what you mean by scrimmages. And as far as preseason games, I assume you know he didn’t play in either (none of the starters did), so I’m not sure what you mean there either. Again, I could be missing something, but as far as i can tell it’s been three practices in 12 days for Rodgers (4 in 12 days for the rest of the starters).

Maybe they’ll come out strong early in the season, stay fresh and strong later in the season, and this camp schedule will be vindicated. I hope so. I’m not a boot camp kind of guy in general, and if this proves to be a good approach I would be thrilled. But as I said earlier, I’m having a hard time seeing how this little practice together is going to be enough to have them playing their best early in the season, and I also think there must be a way to not work your guys into the ground but have them practice together more than this.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I don’t think I understand your response — I laid out the timeline starting from August 6 in my last post and there were three practices — 2 with the team, one with the Panthers. I don’t know what you mean by scrimmages. And as far as preseason games, I assume you know he didn’t play in either (none of the starters did), so I’m not sure what you mean there either. Again, I could be missing something, but as far as i can tell it’s been three practices in 12 days for Rodgers (4 in 12 days for the rest of the starters).

Maybe they’ll come out strong early in the season, stay fresh and strong later in the season, and this camp schedule will be vindicated. I hope so. I’m not a boot camp kind of guy in general, and if this proves to be a good approach I would be thrilled. But as I said earlier, I’m having a hard time seeing how this little practice together is going to be enough to have them playing their best early in the season, and I also think there must be a way to not work your guys into the ground but have them practice together more than this.

If these joint practices are resulting in the day before and the day after being off-days, that’s not a great use of practice time. From my understanding, you can hold 14 practices over 21 days. The Jets appear to be way below this allotted number.

18 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

haha, well you seem confused. I counted the number of practices in the schedule you laid out.

one source of confusion is that I’m using “scrimmages” (practices with other teams) and jets-only practices interchangeably. 

On 8/18/2024 at 9:34 AM, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Is it not true? If I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me — I’m just going by practice reports here and on several other sites. Here is what I have:

Aug 7 — No practice because day before joint practice with Commanders

Aug 8 — Joint practice with Commanders, Rogers sits out

Aug 9 — No practice because day after joint practice, day before preseason game 1 (maybe there’s a walk through for the guys who will be playing? It was not reported on anywhere I could find)

Aug 10 — Preseseason game 1 — Rodgers and all starters sit out

Aug 11 — Off day after preseason game 1

Aug 12Regular practice

Aug 13 — Regular practice

Aug 14 — No practice because traveling to Carolina

Aug 15 — Joint practice with Panthers

Aug 16 — No practice because day before preseason game 2 … again, maybe there’s a walk through for those who will play?

Aug 17 — Preseason game 2, Rodgers and all starters sit out

Aug 18 — Off day because day after preseason game 2

So, again, maybe I’m missing something. If so, please let me know what.

Just to be clear - I’m counting practices on August 8, 12, 13, and 15. 

that’s FOUR practices (not THREE). Hence, my post that confused you:

On 8/18/2024 at 9:50 AM, slimjasi said:

Hope that helps! 

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If these joint practices are resulting in the day before and the day after being off-days, that’s not a great use of practice time. From my understanding, you can hold 14 practices over 21 days. The Jets appear to be way below this allotted number.

14 practices in 21 days is the rule? Interesting … I assume that is from the current CBA? If so, I wonder how preseason games count in that calculation. I would hope the Jets have a schedule that maximizes that … I was only looking at the time period since August 6 (since that’s when I started noticing how little Rodgers had practiced since then), but I guess it’s possible that the number of practices prior to August 6 and the preseason games (if they count as practices) might have required them to have a lighter schedule these last two weeks or so. If so, I guess we can’t blame Saleh and Jets … their hands would have been tied. I still would like to see a bit more action for the starters in the preseason, and feel like Rodgers should get in to the Giants game for at least a drive or two.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Just to be clear - I’m counting practices on August 8, 12, 13, and 15. 

that’s FOUR practices (not THREE). Hence, my post that confused you:

Hope that helps! 

Yeah, that explains what I was confused about in your post. Rodgers sat out the Commanders joint practice on the 8th — so it’s 3 practices over that period for him. But the other starters did practice on the 8th, so it’s 4 for them. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

14 practices in 21 days is the rule? Interesting … I assume that is from the current CBA? If so, I wonder how preseason games count in that calculation. I would hope the Jets have a schedule that maximizes that … I was only looking at the time period since August 6 (since that’s when I started noticing how little Rodgers had practiced since then), but I guess it’s possible that the number of practices prior to August 6 and the preseason games (if they count as practices) might have required them to have a lighter schedule these last two weeks or so. If so, I guess we can’t blame Saleh and Jets … their hands would have been tied. I still would like to see a bit more action for the starters in the preseason, and feel like Rodgers should get in to the Giants game for at least a drive or two.

I don’t believe the preseason games count

7 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Yeah, that explains what I was confused about in your post. Rodgers sat out the Commanders joint practice on the 8th — so it’s 3 practices over that period for him. But the other starters did practice on the 8th, so it’s 4 for them. 

Ahhh, ok, I was talking about practices, overall. 

I joined the conversation in the middle, but it should have been obvious from the context you were only counting practices Rodgers participated in. My mistake!