~~~ College Game Day August 31~~~

Featured games:

#1 Georgia vs #1 Clemson (Good first test for the Dawgs)

#2 Ohio State vs Akron  (Hammer job)

#3 Oregon vs Idaho (Hammer job)

#4 Texas cs Colorado State

#5 Alabama vs Western Kentucky (love him or hate him college football is just not teh same without Saban.)

#6 Ole Miss vs Furman (Lane Kiffin is mad as a hater but a good coach)

#7 Notre Dame vs #20 Texas A & M

#8 Penn State vs West Virigina

#9 Michigan vs Fresno State (Like Saban no Harbaugh, seems strange)

#15 Tennessee vs Chattanooga

So who are the players to watch this year (other than Shedur Sanders and Travis Hunter who we have seen already)??

They are talking up Carson Beck a lot pre season, what other QBs are going to come out of no where and be top players next draft?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So who are the players to watch this year (other than Shedur Sanders and Travis Hunter who we have seen already)??

They are talking up Carson Beck a lot pre season, what other QBs are going to come out of no where and be top players next draft?

• Cam Ward and the super stable of running backs at the U
  • What does a Sabanless Bama looks like.
  • Will clemson's offense ever put it together (doesn't look like it so far)
  • Cuse might surprise, McCord and company are intriguing 
  • Tenn's running game, Sampson is lightning 
  • VT has at least 2, maybe 3 NFL receivers starting
  • the whole Sunbelt conference. 
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Where the heck have you been dude?    Thought the big earthquake might have sunk the coast of BC or something.

lol, just haven't been interested in debating the Jets summer topics. Lot of trite threads... mostly just want to get to week 1 and press "un-pause" from last year... feels too close to groundhogs day from last summer. Want to get to banging helmets and gettin' after it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Dabo.....looks like you have to re-evaluate your stance on the transfer portal.

Gonna end up coaching some backwater high school program for a few years until he gets a cheerleader pregnant while simultaneously agitating to change the team’s name to The East Midbury Fightin’ Billy Grahams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Getting ready to watch the Irish.  Going to jack the heat in my smokehouse to 400 and throw few homemade pizza's in there.  Don't laugh, I inherited those ND genes from my grandfather.  He will be 88 on Sept 14th and has watched every single game since he was coherent enough to do so.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Dabo.....looks like you have to re-evaluate your stance on the transfer portal.

He won’t.  He’s stubborn.  He thinks he’s just zigging while others are zagging but you can’t dismiss the portal AND the NIL dollars.  Have to at least embrace one of the 2.  He’s getting sh*t recruits who stick around 4 years.  Sounds like the habits of a glorified FCS program.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna end up coaching some backwater high school program for a few years until he gets a cheerleader pregnant while simultaneously agitating to change the team’s name to The East Midbury Fightin’ Billy Grahams. 

Thank you for articulating the seething and undefinable contempt I have for Dabo Sweeny. Dabo. Who the **** would allow themselves to be called "Dabo" as an adult male. 

Granted, my Ex was finishing her Masters at Clemson when we met and I worked at a couple of bars in Clemson in 1996-'97 and have come to despise everything about that place in bitter retrospect, but Dabo Sweeney is an ass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Grandy said:

My man Cam Ward. Liked him for a while. Would be a good Jet.

He looked bored when he got pressured. Haven't seen that kind of calmness in the pocket and when scrambling very often.

He was the Anti-Sanchez/Darnold/He Who Shall Not be Named... lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Furman putting up a good battle vs ole miss  52-0 at half time

Bama up 42-0 at half.

They do all of thee conference moves and such and still schedule these awful matchups

Ole Miss Jaxson Dart 22-27, 418 yards, 5 tds at the half

Bama scores 42 poison at half Milroe is 4 for 6, 169 yards and 3 tds

• Upvote 1