Victory speech

Bronx

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Haha. Stop equivocating what you do with the culture of a locker room. Sports are different. The psyche of an athlete is different.

this is such an interesting viewpoint.

my guess is 99/100 motivational/leadership gurus would say to savor a difficult win for at least a few minutes.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

“Family on 3” was the best part.

That and Braelon Allen standing there like a man and acting like he’s been there before. There's a lot to be said for acknowledging the good stuff, but to calm it a great win and not read off the sheet the things that need to improve is not what a professional sports team needs. 

Coaches need to be centered on “here is where and how we get better”. 

I don't really expect them to go through film and start with the constructive criticism until after they shower.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

“Family on 3” was the best part.

That and Braelon Allen standing there like a man and acting like he’s been there before. There's a lot to be said for acknowledging the good stuff, but to calm it a great win and not read off the sheet the things that need to improve is not what a professional sports team needs. 

Coaches need to be centered on “here is where and how we get better”. 

there's a time and place for that too. i don't think an after game victory speech is the time to start sh*tting on everyone. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

there's a time and place for that too. i don't think an after game victory speech is the time to start sh*tting on everyone. 

Well now that the OLine looks good, we need a new rallying cry for why to fire Saleh and JD.  Because you know...can't just enjoy the moment.

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of when Rex was showered with Gatorade at the end of 2013 for his great accomplishment of getting to 8-8. They were acting like they won the Super Bowl.

the only thing missing in this video is the Lombardi trophy.

The problem with the Jets is that the lows are too low and the highs are too high. We get a lucky win against a bad team and get a Super Bowl speech. We get spanked and he doesn’t know what happened. Gotta see film on Tuesday 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

my guess is 99/100 motivational/leadership gurus would say to savor a difficult win for at least a few minutes.

I mean that's fine, but the problem is Saleh doesn't strike me as the HC to point out what the team did poorly at all in the leadup to the next game.  Hell, the team shows up on most gamedays like they barely even practiced.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

So we're already at the point of the season where we are judging Salehs gait when he addresses the team after a win? 

You guys are going to have to help me, help you. 

You are a great thread starter. Preach please! I will kneel and kiss your ring

51 minutes ago, BP said:

Reminds me of when Rex was showered with Gatorade at the end of 2013 for his great accomplishment of getting to 8-8. They were acting like they won the Super Bowl.

the only thing missing in this video is the Lombardi trophy.

The problem with the Jets is that the lows are too low and the highs are too high. We get a lucky win against a bad team and get a Super Bowl speech. We get spanked and he doesn’t know what happened. Gotta see film on Tuesday 

RexIsComingBack.gif.a0f42b8ee74f90f47d7d5eef1c65e161.gif

RexSnoopyBowl.thumb.JPG.803e346d016b16796db3cf79b0122d68.JPG

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

I’m quite aware. However, in this moment, I am being a regular guy that has wasted his entire adult life watching this team and reserve the right to be unreasonably complainy.

5 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m not a pro football player, but my job is not easy.  It’s pretty much chaos for 12 hours everyday, and it requires teamwork to deal with the 500 moving parts and constant curveballs everyday.

When the day is done, and everyone has done their part on the team to take care of our patients all day long, nothing drives home the accomplishment of the successful day better than my boss calling us up and reading off all the things we did wrong that day.

These are human beings not robots, positive emotions and happiness are in fact allowed believe it or not.

We’re talking about sports here. I’m sure your job is difficult but there is no overlap with sports or football. A victory speech in the micro is totally appropriate, but Salehs overall approach has been completely lackadaisical and has lacked any sort of self awareness.  Will Levis deciding to go bowling won’t happen every week.