Going for it 4th and 10 at end of game

2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I have not seen this addressed in the media  or here for that matter. That call was atrocious in my opinion. Salad was bailed out by the missed kick by Denver. The offense had trouble all day, why did he think they could  get 10 yards when they had trouble gaining even one? He should have punted, pinned Denver inside the 20 and use the three timeouts to get the ball back at the 50 or closer with time to kick a game winning FG.

Frankly I didn’t think of that at the time, but it would not have been a bad strategy.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely the most putrid call Saleh has made to date.  

Kick the ball.  Pin the Broncos deep.  In all reality, you probably end up with a similar situation as to what happened, however, a Bobbled fair catch in the conditions, or fumble, or shank on the punt back if they Held them like they did after the turnover on downs.

Certainly a higher probability of making the 4th and 10.

In the end, they still got into position to win the game and the kickers missed.  There seems to be reason for concern with Zuerlein.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Defense was getting gashed in the run game at that time.  It would not have been guaranteed they would have gotten the ball back.

That call was the least of my worries today.

This is how I saw it too.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

I have not seen this addressed in the media  or here for that matter. That call was atrocious in my opinion. Salad was bailed out by the missed kick by Denver. The offense had trouble all day, why did he think they could  get 10 yards when they had trouble gaining even one? He should have punted, pinned Denver inside the 20 and use the three timeouts to get the ball back at the 50 or closer with time to kick a game winning FG.

He is a terrible coach.  Firing is the only option. 

Plenty of things to hate on today, but punting when down inside of 2 minutes is very rarely considered a particularly good idea.

It's convenient to claim otherwise in hindsight, but everyone would have lost their minds about how terrible of a decision it was if the Jets had punted and still lost.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Plenty of things to hate on today, but punting when down inside of 2 minutes is very rarely considered a particularly good idea.

It's convenient to claim otherwise in hindsight, but everyone would have lost their minds about how terrible of a decision it was if the Jets had punted and still lost.

Not hindsight. If Denver makes the kick, Jets are down 13-9 with ball on their own 25yd (assuming touchback on kickoff) with 46 seconds and no timeouts.

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

This was a horrible decision.  

would have had plenty of time for a fg attempt. 

4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Not hindsight. If Denver makes the kick, Jets are down 13-9 with ball on their own 25yd (assuming touchback on kickoff) with 46 seconds and no timeouts.

Well I suppose you could argue it's not technically hindsight if you want to base your point around only things that never actually happened.

• Haha 1