Any chance we can Saleh?

Just now, WowOhWow said:

Does anyone have any sources on the inside that can give us some hope that Woodrow would do something to salvage this team? Get Saleh out of here. He's 20-35. What more do we need to see.

they should be on the phone to vrable.  get him in and put saleh out.  it really wouldn't cost woody much because this is saleh's last season.  i'm thinking it would take vrabel maybe two weeks to correct many of the problems.  seems like other teams can launch their coaches mid season and start doing better.  why can't the jets?

• Upvote 3

LOL

You can’t make this up.

It will actually be poetic justice when Saleh gets canned, if you think about it.

Saleh will have lost to, in order:

Zach’s new team

Sam Darnold 

Josh Allen (Jets passed on him for Darnold)

Justin Fields (Jets passed on him for Zach)

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just the exclamation point on how brutal Robert Saleh and this entire franchise has been during his tenure.

• More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

You can’t make this up.

It will actually be poetic justice when Saleh gets canned, if you think about it.

Saleh will have lost to, in order:

Zach’s new team

Sam Darnold 

Josh Allen (Jets passed on him for Darnold)

Justin Fields (Jets passed on him for Zach)

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just the exclamation point on how brutal Robert Saleh and this entire franchise has been during his tenure.

you lost me at lose to justin fields.  fields is not that good.  he's lucky he's on a team with a very good coach.  maybe that's what zach needed.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

they should be on the phone to vrable.  get him in and put saleh out.  it really wouldn't cost woody much because this is saleh's last season.  i'm thinking it would take vrabel maybe two weeks to correct many of the problems.  seems like other teams can launch their coaches mid season and start doing better.  why can't the jets?

The Jets will never get Vrable. He is a competent HC, Woody would NEVER hire one of those on purpose. 

• Haha 1

you lost me at lose to justin fields.  fields is not that good.  he's lucky he's on a team with a very good coach.  maybe that's what zach needed.

lol.  Isn't Zach on a team with a strong offensive coach, yet can't even beat out Stidham to back up sh*tty a$$ Nix?  Coaching only takes you so far.

Yesterday, Fields went 22-34 for 312 yards and a TD while adding 55 yards and 2 rushing TDs on the ground.  On the year he's completed over 70 % of his throws for a pretty solid 7.6 YPA and has 6 total TDs vs. just one INT.  Oh and he's 3-1.  @Beerfish  Fumbles are an issue but beyond that he's been solid.

If that's "luck" well then its better to be lucky than good.

@JiFtheOracle

• Upvote 1

The Jets are not going to convince any qualified head coaching candidate to show up a few games into the season when they're forced to run somebody else's roster and scheme. That person would be putting their reputation behind a system they do not control and has already proven so disastrous that it got Saleh fired. Any candidate is going to want at least the prospect of more than half a year of contract. Otherwise, why put their reputation on the line to make a dysfunctional team functional just to give it to somebody else?

We all need to accept that Saleh was given last year as a mulligan and he's getting 2024 as his first year with a QB not named Zach Wilson. I don't know if Woody will pour him out after one year (or less) with Rodgers but if it happens this year, it would be after the team is eliminated from the playoffs and it doesn't really matter which lousy coordinator takes over. IMO it's more likely we end up seeing Saleh returning in 2025 than his disappearance mid-2024.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  Isn't Zach on a team with a strong offensive coach, yet can't even beat out Stidham to back up sh*tty a$$ Nix?  Coaching only takes you so far.

Yesterday, Fields went 22-34 for 312 yards and a TD while adding 55 yards and 2 rushing TDs on the ground.  On the year he's completed over 70 % of his throws for a pretty solid 7.6 YPA and has 6 total TDs vs. just one INT.  Oh and he's 3-1.  @Beerfish  Fumbles are an issue but beyond that he's been solid.

If that's "luck" well then its better to be lucky than good.

@JiFtheOracle

Oh, and not to mention, that coach you're talking about went out of his way to acquire Fields as his QB 1a/1b even though he'd already gotten Russell Wilson.  It takes 2 to tango here:  Someone needs to believe in the QB enough to pay up the cost to get him and then additional faith to put him into a competition for the starting gig (if not handing it to him outright).

No one believes in Zach Wilson.  Hence why he's a QB3 who will likely never take another meaningful snap again in his career.  Thus, its already over.  Fields >>>>>> Zach, and would have been a far better usage of draft capital at 2 overall.

23 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

The Jets will never get Vrable. He is a competent HC, Woody would NEVER hire one of those on purpose. 

If history is any guide, Jets won't fire Saleh mid season and won't hire an experienced HC. Will be the next coordinator who will work cheap. It always is. 

What is different; Rodgers. Even diminished, he's still a very good competent NFL QB. Saleh has no defense here. And why he was allowed to dump Darnold and be part of drafting Wilson should be a mark against him. 

• Sympathy 1

I'd fire Saleh and the Dope who hired him. Douglases record,

Made Saleh the coach, drafted Becton Mims, Wilson, Elijah Moore

rounds one and two successive years.  Not interested in salvaging

the season with an old fart QB. Screw Vrabel, for what little time

I have on this polluted planet, I hope we go new GM, Joe Brady

a QB developer, offensive mind as head coach

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Does anyone have any sources on the inside that can give us some hope that Woodrow would do something to salvage this team? Get Saleh out of here. He's 20-35. What more do we need to see.

its crazy to think that literally any guy walking in off the street probably wins right off the bat...I think we need to promote our current Def Coord as interim and let him earn the HC job next year. He was leaving anyway next year to take a HC job. Let him pick a new OC. Garunteed he doest let OC Hackett stay in that role or let our team put our such a piss poor Offense. The offense would automatically know you better have your stuff together...you would see the saem excellence expected on both sides of the ball. What a refreshing change that would be.