I was wrong

11 minutes ago, freestater said:

I thought this thread would be a mea culpa for scapegoating the HC

He lacks the self-awareness and moral courage to do any such thing. He will argue to his deathbed that they were thisclose to turning everything around, and as long as he treated his players like grown men and "got them paid", he was doing his job.

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We're playing for the division lead next Monday.

I have already seen this movie about 20 times before. We will be subjected to another 2 PT nationally televised ass kicking's and will get 90% of the media scorn while the Browns, Raiders, Patriots, Dolphins and Jaguars suck just as bad, if not worse and are ignored. 

BSG Thing #5 - All of this has happened before. And all of this will ...

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh, no.  Expectations were low for the 2024 Mets entering the season.  The front office itself seemed to be preparing for a “redshirt year” with their actions and comments over the offseason.

This Jets team came in with the expectation of a division title and/or deep playoff run.  Starting 2-3 entering the Bills game was not supposed to be in the cards.

I agree with you. I’m very disappointed thus far. The only point I’m making is that it still early in the season and the AFC East overall has not been impressive. Read my posts you see how I feel about this coaching staff

19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have already seen this movie about 20 times before. We will be subjected to another 2 PT nationally televised ass kicking's and will get 90% of the media scorn while the Browns, Raiders, Patriots, Dolphins and Jaguars suck just as bad, if not worse and are ignored. 

Sounds about right. On the other hand our defense seems to own Joshua Allen for whatever reason.

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree with you. I’m very disappointed thus far. The only point I’m making is that it still early in the season and the AFC East overall has not been impressive. Read my posts you see how I feel about this coaching staff

Except it’s not “still early”.  It’s just a slow slog to the finish and inevitable doom.  Any wins we get will be in spite of the coaching staff.  So any good that happens the rest of the way will be unsustainable.

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Currently working on the tattoo coverup design for my Jets tattoo….I don’t want the morticians to laugh at me when I die. 

I'm not going to say how I know, but it converts very easily into a penis tattoo which is a less embarrassing.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Take it easy Champ. Why don’t you stop talking for awhile. 

You'd think Alonso making you look so foolish would have given you the humility you so desperately need. 

Being a football fan is fun.  If you make it the center of your reality, you will be disappointed. 

32 teams.  All go through peaks and valleys.  Some less so because of higher quality management, but ultimately, the peaks and valleys are still there.

Remember when Saints fans used to wear paper bags over their heads?  That team went on a great run and now that franchise gets respect.  Cleveland was dogsh*t for years, had a bit of success, and the perception changed.  Now they're backsliding.  Jets were the same with Parcells, somewhat again with Mangini and then Rex Ryan:  Success brought respect.  Yeah, it's been a while, and it's magnified because the NY market makes everything outsized.

This team can still make some noise in 2024.  They got a bit over their skis with the Patriots win.  They've got to get back to basics.  Run the ball effectively so the play action works.  Don't get off to such horrific starts.

I'm not writing this season off.  But I'm staying off any bandwagons, one way or another.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Those teams you mentioned weren’t heralded as having “top 3 roster” or having a chance to win the Super Bowl this year though were they?

Unfortunately the NYJ will be solely responsible for bringing any future ridicule upon themselves.