Gone Are The Days

When a Jets loss could ruin my moods from Sunday and all day Monday. I've learned to not care anymore, I've come to a place where I could take or leave whether or not the game is even on in the house. In fact if it weren't for my wife and son-the games wouldn't even be on. I sit down here at my desk and pretty much EXPECT sloppy play, a lot of penalties, a lot of getting screwed over by crooked refs and ultimately-another Jets loss and losing season.

I blame this on ownerships' propensity to do the same thing over and over and over again. The tired old cliche' about the meaning of insanity yes, although way overused does in fact, apply to Woody Johnson and the Jets. This post started out like a magazine article, with numbers and historical references abounding until I read the screed to my wife who said "that's way too long" so I deleted most of it and just listed the coaches and their previous positions as well as the records

2000 - Al Groh the"Booby Prize" and ex- Linebackers coach under Parcells who left town after 1 9-7 season

2001 - 2005  - Herman Edwards an Asst. HC and DB coach at Tampa.goes 39-41

2006 - 2008- Eric Mangini  23-25  Ex-DC of the Pats

2009 - 2014 -  Rex Ryan - Ex-DC of Baltimore 46-50 (4-2 in the playoffs)

2015 - 2018  Todd Bowles  Ex DC of Ari 24-40

2019 and 2020 Adam Gase Finally an O-"minded" HC!!! 9-23 sheesh

2021 - 2024  - Robert Saleh  49ers DC (AGAIN, another ex-DC).Puts up a 20-36 record

2024...  Jeff Ulrich has obviously bitten off more than he can chew trying to hold two of a team's most important positions HC AND Defensive Coordinator. his 0-2 start proves this out in my opinion

What;'s it going to take until Woody Johnson finally hires a REAL head coach and a proven winning GM to run this team? Or will it just continue to be business as usual and he keeps Ulrich another DC /1st time HC to run this team into the dirt again and again and again?

The one upside over the last quarter century for me anyway, is I have used these bad Jets seasons to record a lot of music as a nice diversion tactic.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

When a Jets loss could ruin my moods from Sunday and all day Monday. I've learned to not care anymore, I've come to a place where I could take or leave whether or not the game is even on in the house. In fact if it weren't for my wife and son-the games wouldn't even be on. I sit down here at my desk and pretty much EXPECT sloppy play, a lot of penalties, a lot of getting screwed over by crooked refs and ultimately-another Jets loss and losing season.

I blame this on ownerships' propensity to do the same thing over and over and over again. The tired old cliche' about the meaning of insanity yes, although way overused does in fact, apply to Woody Johnson and the Jets. This post started out like a magazine article, with numbers and historical references abounding until I read the screed to my wife who said "that's way too long" so I deleted most of it and just listed the coaches and their previous positions as well as the records

2000 - Al Groh the"Booby Prize" and ex- Linebackers coach under Parcells who left town after 1 9-7 season

2001 - 2005  - Herman Edwards an Asst. HC and DB coach at Tampa.goes 39-41

2006 - 2008- Eric Mangini  23-25  Ex-DC of the Pats

2009 - 2014 -  Rex Ryan - Ex-DC of Baltimore 46-50 (4-2 in the playoffs)

2015 - 2018  Todd Bowles  Ex DC of Ari 24-40

2019 and 2020 Adam Gase Finally an O-"minded" HC!!! 9-23 sheesh

2021 - 2024  - Robert Saleh  49ers DC (AGAIN, another ex-DC).Puts up a 20-36 record

2024...  Jeff Ulrich has obviously bitten off more than he can chew trying to hold two of a team's most important positions HC AND Defensive Coordinator. his 0-2 start proves this out in my opinion

What;'s it going to take until Woody Johnson finally hires a REAL head coach and a proven winning GM to run this team? Or will it just continue to be business as usual and he keeps Ulrich another DC /1st time HC to run this team into the dirt again and again and again?

The one upside over the last quarter century for me anyway, is I have used these bad Jets seasons to record a lot of music as a nice diversion tactic.

It's close to being over for me. I will just watch some NFL here and there. The Jets? Don't care anymore.

58 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

It's close to being over for me. I will just watch some NFL here and there. The Jets? Don't care anymore.

the only one of my old crew that still even slightly cares is my cousin Anthony, whose house the family was at on January 12th 1969 when the TV was tuned to NBC for  a game that was being called by Curt Gowda-was a good game-Jets won that day 16-7 

1 minute ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Being out of contention before Halloween. C'mon wish we could hang on until the weather gets cold! 

Just a few weeks ago, I was actually looking very forward to attending some upcoming games with friends. I might just give those tickets away now. It really sucks that we haven't played meaningful football late in what is approaching 2 decades.

• Upvote 1

I gotta say... I have a record of busting SoFla's balls for being too dramatic sometimes.... but I totally feel him on this one.  This version of the Jets has sapped the fun out of watching games in a way that the Kotite Jets of my youth, or even the Gase COVID Jets could not.  Not sure exactly if it's the "expectations" that ended up being a colossal bust, our owner's constant boob-ism, the cumulative effect of the playoff drought, or a little bit of all of it... but the end result is I feel more apathetic about the Jets than ever.