Our Awesome O Line

Johnnybones

I couldn't sleep last night lying there thinking about how nice that O-line is starting to look. Everything hinges on the O line. Two beautiful first round picks being thrown into the protection makes me giggle like a silly little girl. For the first time in a very long while I feel as though we're actually headed in the right direction. We're giving ourselves a chance to be succesful and that feels nice. I absolutely can not wait to see our two new studs fortifying our attack.

I couldn't sleep last night lying there thinking about how nice that O-line is starting to look. Everything hinges on the O line. Two beautiful first round picks being thrown into the protection makes me giggle like a silly little girl. For the first time in a very long while I feel as though we're actually headed in the right direction. We're giving ourselves a chance to be succesful and that feels nice. I absolutely can not wait to see our two new studs fortifying our attack.

How is the Jets OLine "awesome"?

They haven't played one down in the NFL yet.:eek:

How is the Jets OLine "awesome"?

They haven't played one down in the NFL yet.:eek:

come on TEX.....we're excited about the O-line picks...give em a break...;)

this could be a very very good O-line...

WHOOO HOOOO!

We MAY have a great O line, but we have no starting QB as of yet.

That is the secret to winning a SB, having a great O line. If you have noting else, you must have that O line to win a SB.:rolleyes:

It all starts up front...it's a beginning the way I look at it. Good O lines make mediocre QB's and RB's look very good. Not the other way around.;)

I am optimistic that the line play will be improved this year but then again that is not saying much. It would be nice to not see qbs running for their life and rbs not fighting for handoffs

The O-line is a lot worse than 2004. Adrian Jones is not better than Kareem McKenzie. Nick Mangold is not better than Kevin Mawae. Ferguson might be an upgrade, but he hasn't even had an NFL practice. The last 4th overall pick of the draft that was an OT was Mike Williams.

The O-line is a lot worse than 2004. Adrian Jones is not better than Kareem McKenzie. Nick Mangold is not better than Kevin Mawae. Ferguson might be an upgrade, but he hasn't even had an NFL practice. The last 4th overall pick of the draft that was an OT was Mike Williams.

how about giving the kid a chance before you bash him??

WHOOO HOOOO!

That is the secret to winning a SB, having a great O line. If you have noting else, you must have that O line to win a SB.:rolleyes:

Oh so you were expecting the draft to win a SB for us THIS YEAR? Cmon Rock you know better than that.

I agree sp, the Jets OLine "could" be very good.

Let them play a few games before calling them "awesome".;)

I think the line has lots of potential. But like everyone else on this roster...they have a LOT to prove. They did a lot in past years with Fabini at LT. Having Brick there now should really help out a lot.

Maybe the QBs won't all get hurt in the same game next season.

Yes, we do. His name is Patrick Ramsey. Just because you are ignorant of his potential and skills doesn't mean he is a bad QB, or a poor choice to lead our team.

And that is assuming Chad Pennington can not recover, which, while likely, is far from a certainty.

Yes, we do. His name is Patrick Ramsey. Just because you are ignorant of his potential and skills doesn't mean he is a bad QB, or a poor choice to lead our team.

And that is assuming Chad Pennington can not recover, which, while likely, is far from a certainty.

What has Ramsey shown you that leads you to believe he's a quality starter? My opnion of Ramsey right now is that this is his last chance to prove he can play in this league. Up until now, he's looked lost.

What has Ramsey shown you that leads you to believe he's a quality starter? My opnion of Ramsey right now is that this is his last chance to prove he can play in this league. Up until now, he's looked lost.

Ramsey played for Steve "I have no clue how to run a pro offense" Spurrier and Joe "I'm a hall of fame coach that needs old, experienced QB's" Gibbs. He was never given a chance to succeed by either. He had to run for his life with the "Old Ball Coach" there and then got benched after 1/2 of football by Gibbs. Great opportunities for success there. :roll:

I'm willing to guess that Brian Schottenheimer will help Ramsey play to his potential - and he has potential - this year. I'm with Fish - give Ramsey a chance.

i have to agree with matt....im not a RAMSEY fan at all.....dont think he's that good...i do think that he'll be our starter though...chad wont come back this time as much as i'd like to see...

Ramsey played for Steve "I have no clue how to run a pro offense" Spurrier and Joe "I'm a hall of fame coach that needs old, experienced QB's" Gibbs. He was never given a chance to succeed by either. He had to run for his life with the "Old Ball Coach" there and then got benched after 1/2 of football by Gibbs. Great opportunities for success there. :roll:

I'm willing to guess that Brian Schottenheimer will help Ramsey play to his potential - and he has potential - this year. I'm with Fish - give Ramsey a chance.

who on the redskins didn't look lost under spurrier? look, offensively we had 2 choices goin into the draft.... solidify qb,rb then and then o line or solidify o line & then qb rb. We did the latter thank god. the fact is it couldn't all be fixed this with years picks

will Ramsey suck?will penny ever be healthy? who knows but in the meantime we chose a path that will give whoever stands back there a decent chance to perform. In the meantime clemons is a great prospect and lets keep in mind we are in rebuilding mode

ramsey has the tools to be a good qb in the league. his problem has always been making terrible mistakes at the worst possible times. if he can get that out of his system he will be a big improvement to what we have seen the last 2 years.

ramsey has the tools to be a good qb in the league. his problem has always been making terrible mistakes at the worst possible times. if he can get that out of his system he will be a big improvement to what we have seen the last 2 years.

Hope so.....

Living here in DC, I have been (un)lucky enough to see many a Redskins game. In his time here, I have seen enough potential, character, superior arm strength, decision making, toughness, and strait-up abillity to have some faith that under a regime that actually wants and supports him, is willing to coach him, and is willing to scheme to his abillities and skills, that he can be a franchise QB in the NFL.

I know other locals who watched the same games and disagree. And thats more than fair, it's all just opinion till we see how this offseason plays out.

But from my expereinces and conversations, the majority of Skins fans felt Ramsey got a bit of the shaft in DC, getting usead and abused under Spurrior, feeling he played better than Brunell more often than not, and that Gibbs clearly had no interest in Ramsey from the very second he took over (as in before watching a second of tape on him). And yes this IS likely Ramsey's last legit shot at a #1 job.

Given our situation today, I am more than happy to give him his chance (Chad too, even though I doubt him) in 2006. I see Mangini building a very strong and deep roster of team-first players. Ramsey and Chad (if healthy) will get their due shot to win the job, and will have to play well to keep it. If they both fail, then so be it, Clemens it is, and the 2007 and beyond drafts will have plenty of "Leinart's and Young's and Cutler's" in them as well.

Patrick Ramsey is a decent qb. Not bad, not great, somewhere in between. Give him a weapon like Vernon Davis and you can make a run with him.

We could have still had an "awesome O-line" drafting Justice or McNeill at 29 or 35. Not to mention Jean-Gilles, Greg Eslinger and Ryan O'Callaghan were all available in the later rounds like they were supposed to be.

D'Brick-Kendall-Mangold-Moore-Jones

That is one hell of an OLine. Kendall is the only guy whose played more then 3 seasons as an OLineman. Moore has shown a good future, Jones keeps on improving and Mangold and Brick are going to be really good. They'll both be Pro Bowlers.

Kendall has got another 2-3 years left in his tank and next year we will be drafting his replacement most likely.

D'Brick-Kendall-Mangold-Moore-Jones

That is one hell of an OLine.

I dont know, 124...it seems nice, but hardly a "hell of a line". In time? Sure. Next year? I dont think so.

I see two inexperienxed TACKLES, and one inexperienced CENTER.

Where's Teague? Maybe he'll replace Jones @ RT?

I dont know, 124...it seems nice, but hardly a "hell of a line". In time? Sure. Next year? I dont think so.

I see two inexperienxed TACKLES, and one inexperienced CENTER.

Where's Teague? Maybe he'll replace Jones @ RT?

Teague can back-up Mangold. IMO you need go with Mangold because he's a 1st round pick and you have to see what you have for the future. Teague is there for depth at both T and C.

WHOOO HOOOO!

When are you going to stop?

He did quite OK with Drew Brees. To the tune of $60 million..............:rolleyes:

What did Rich Gannon show before he came to teh Raiders? There are lots of QBs who blossommed after leaving their original team. So let's give Patrick a chance to show us if he has the goods. We know he has the physical skills.

I have my doubts whether or not Jones can play right tackle and be effective. He struggled there, maybe it was because it was his 1st few starts in the NFL I dunno, but he looked like JAG at RT.

Moore sucked nuts last year and Kendall wasnt much better.

I think you'll see Teague, who's not that good either, push Moore for the RG spot and win out.

Decent Oline right now that should be "good" by seasons end next year.

Archived