Texas RB busted for 5 lbs of weed

JetCane

Longhorns running back arrested after deputies find marijuana in car

By JIM VERTUNO, AP Sports Writer

May 14, 2006

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Texas running back Ramonce Taylor, who scored a touchdown in the Longhorns' Rose Bowl win over Southern California, was arrested Sunday by Bell County sheriff's deputies who said they found marijuana in a backpack in his car.

Taylor was arrested for possession of marijuana over five pounds, a second-degree felony. A second-degree felony could be punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Formal charges had not yet been filed. Taylor remained in custody in the Bell County Jail.

Deputies said they also found a live round of ammunition in the vehicle.

According to the arrest report, deputies responded to a report of a large fight involving as many as 100 people at a pecan farm in Little River, a community about 40 miles north of Austin. Deputies also said they received a call from someone who had been at the fight and complained that a window on his vehicle had been broken. That caller turned out to be Taylor.

While interviewing Taylor at a convenience store, deputies were told by other officers at the fight scene that Taylor had been involved and had threatened to return with a gun. Taylor was placed in handcuffs.

Taylor told deputies he didn't have a gun and gave them permission to search his vehicle. Deputies reported finding the bullet and the backpack with the marijuana.

One of Texas' most versatile players, Taylor scored 15 touchdowns last season, including a 30-yard scoring run in the Rose Bowl, which Texas won 41-38. The win gave Texas its first outright national championship since 1969.

Following in Ricky Williams' footsteps

what was this kids chance of making it to the NFL?

Good question. his stats are not bad. Averaged 6.8 yards per carry for 76 carries, also had 27 receptions which led the rbs. he's listed as a Jr, so who's to say he wouldnt have had a big year this season.

But he's farked now.

i dont know, if he doesnt go to jail then hes got a chance to make the Raiders

or if he goes to jail he's got a chance to get signed by the Raiders when he gets out

If Marcus Vick isn't there so they might just might be changing their view on players.

i dont know, if he doesnt go to jail then hes got a chance to make the Raiders

or if he goes to jail he's got a chance to get signed by the Raiders when he gets out

Nah, I think there's a better chance he gets a shot with the Miami "blunt" Dolfags.

Stupid, but seriously, 2 to 20 years in jail for having marijuana? Don't we have better things to worry about?

I agree.

Who gives a **** if you smoke weed? You're not doing any harm to anyone. If you do, THEN you go to jail.

Let us all flea to Amsterdam so we can be one with our weed.:cheers:

F The Police.

Hey Hey Hey, Smoke weed everyday.

I agree.

Who gives a **** if you smoke weed? You're not doing any harm to anyone. If you do, THEN you go to jail.

F The Police.

It's simple. It's illegal in this country. Whether is should be or not is not the question. If you want to enjoy all the freedoms and oppurtunities in this country, follow it's laws. Now go to jail. Have a nice life, retard.

It's simple. It's illegal in this country. Whether is should be or not is not the question. If you want to enjoy all the freedoms and oppurtunities in this country, follow it's laws. Now go to jail. Have a nice life, retard.

i think what was poking at was that weed should be legalized

i do agree that 2 years for having 5 pounds of weed is insane considering i could go mug an old lady and get off with probation

i do agree that 2 years for having 5 pounds of weed is insane considering i could go mug an old lady and get off with probation

It may be insane, and it probably should be legalized. But it's not.

Obey the laws of this country or pay the price. Simple.

Unless you steal weed from her. In which case the penalties would be increased.

He didn't get arrested for smoking 5 lbs of weed. He got arrested because of the intent to sell/distribute an illegal substance. Whether you think it's a dumb law or not regarding weed specifically, you can't let someone drug traffic & turn a blind eye. If he got caught with an eighth for personal use he might've been suspended for a game or whatever but it wouldn't be the big deal this is.

Dude wins biggest fool of the week (FOTW) for getting into a brawl, calling the cops about his broken window, threatening to come back with a gun, and then consenting to a search, all while carrying 5 lbs of wacky weed.

Farked.

I agree.

F The Police.

You guys are all assclowns. 5 lbs of Marijuana isn't 'personal use' for christ's sake. There's a reason why simple personal posession is a chicken scratch misdemeanor and Possession with the Intent to Deliver is a Major Felony. It's a-holes like that that in 14 years will try to make my daugter a dopehead like you. The high school in the city I work in, a mostly white middle class city, is being ravaged by drugs. Bad news, drugs aren't an 'innercity problem'.

Guess what, Marijuana is for light weights these days, most of the kids now are into Heroin, Coke, Ecstacy, and Xanax. We've had 4 17 year olds OD and die on the crap since last November, 2 of which I had arrested when they were 14 for 'smoking a little weed'. Last December we had a drug deal gone bad between a 17 year old from my town who was selling/moving large amounts of weed and an 18 year old from Detroit. The 18 year old's mission from the start was to rip off the 17 year old. They both realized it at the same time, and while a car window, exchanged gunfire. Bad news for Mr. 17 year old, 1 missed, the other hit his left arm near the elbow, traveled up the arm, exited into the armpit, then proceeded to travel through the left lung, obliterate the right heart ventricle, and travel out the right side of the body. He ran about 2 yards before collapsing and dying in the middle of some strangers home, in a peaceful neighborhood. The rest of the story, I had arrested the dead kid for 'smoking a little weed' at age 14.

And what an excellent idea on only going to jail WHEN you hurt someone. Tell that to the family of the guy who just got hit by a car driven by a baked a-hole. You should have been at that accident scene with me, you'd have a different outlook on weed.

I've let small amounts of personal use crap go before, dump it down the drain maybe write them a ticket. But to act like 5 lbs is nothing is stupid.

Ask this guy below about his feelings on drugs. This is from my personal collection.

img2947small8ap.jpg

img2953small3ae.jpg

You guys are all assclowns. 5 lbs of Marijuana isn't 'personal use' for christ's sake. There's a reason why simple personal posession is a chicken scratch misdemeanor and Possession with the Intent to Deliver is a Major Felony. It's a-holes like that that in 14 years will try to make my daugter a dopehead like you. The high school in the city I work in, a mostly white middle class city, is being ravaged by drugs. Bad news, drugs aren't an 'innercity problem'.

Guess what, Marijuana is for light weights these days, most of the kids now are into Heroin, Coke, Ecstacy, and Xanax. We've had 4 17 year olds OD and die on the crap since last November, 2 of which I had arrested when they were 14 for 'smoking a little weed'. Last December we had a drug deal gone bad between a 17 year old from my town who was selling/moving large amounts of weed and an 18 year old from Detroit. The 18 year old's mission from the start was to rip off the 17 year old. They both realized it at the same time, and while a car window, exchanged gunfire. Bad news for Mr. 17 year old, 1 missed, the other hit his left arm near the elbow, traveled up the arm, exited into the armpit, then proceeded to travel through the left lung, obliterate the right heart ventricle, and travel out the right side of the body. He ran about 2 yards before collapsing and dying in the middle of some strangers home, in a peaceful neighborhood. The rest of the story, I had arrested the dead kid for 'smoking a little weed' at age 14.

And what an excellent idea on only going to jail WHEN you hurt someone. Tell that to the family of the guy who just got hit by a car driven by a baked a-hole. You should have been at that accident scene with me, you'd have a different outlook on weed.

I've let small amounts of personal use crap go before, dump it down the drain maybe write them a ticket. But to act like 5 lbs is nothing is stupid.

Ask this guy below about his feelings on drugs. This is from my personal collection.

img2947small8ap.jpg

img2953small3ae.jpg

thats Detroit, were talking about the normal parts of the country

img2947small8ap.jpg

img2953small3ae.jpg

So you feel alcohol should be illegal then? Btw, thats pretty sick if you keep pictures like that for a "collection."

It may be insane, and it probably should be legalized. But it's not.

Obey the laws of this country or pay the price. Simple.

You can't tell me you've never done something illegal.

Here's some follow up:

The owner of a pecan farm near where Ramonce Taylor was arrested on a drug charge said Monday that the University of Texas running back and his friends crashed an outdoor college graduation party for his daughter.

At about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Stewart said, his son and several party guests complained to him that about seven uninvited guests were trying to sell drugs and he asked them to leave, he said.

A short time later, Bell County sheriff's deputies arrested Taylor, 20, at a nearby convenience store and accused him of possessing five pounds of marijuana.

Taylor called Bell County sheriff's deputies at about 1:30 a.m. reporting a fight involving as many as 100 people at the farm, according to the affidavit. He complained that the window of his vehicle was broken at the pecan farm. When deputies responded to Taylor's call, he told them that people at the party "provoked a fight and demanded that he leave," the affidavit says.

While deputies were talking to Taylor, they learned from fellow deputies

Archived