How many years for Herm?

Maxman

How many years before Herm "leaves" K.C. ?

What will be the reason for him "leaving" ?

Any guess as to the Chiefs best \ worst record in his tenure?

I will say that he last 3 years and then he gets fired. They go 11 and 5 this season. Followed by 9 and 7, then a 5 and 11 campaign in the year he gets axed.

The make the playoffs 1 out of 3 years but don't win any games!

This year will be by far his best year going 10-6. Next year he loses most of his offensive line and gets Trent Green killed and will go 4-12. The third year he goes 6-10 and then decides to coach at the University of California

I'd say he'll have a decent first year, due to the work done by the former coach. Maybe 9 wins? Then it'll start falling apart, and as the result slips, it will become clear to everybody that he doesn't have the know-how and the motivational skills to be a HC. Bye bye Herm.:bag:

Herm_in_five_years.jpg

The Chiefs will go 7-9 this year. A couple of injuries will cripple them (particularly along the OL since Edwards' older veterans are rarely in shape to begin with). Their opening schedule is pretty tough, and Edwards' teams always start slow (unless they play 5 pushover teams to start the season like in 2004):

Cin = L

@Den = L

BYE

SF = W

@Ari = W/L

@Pit = L

SD = W/L

Sea = L

@StL = L

@Mia = L

Oak = W

Den = L

@Cle = L

Bal = W/L

@SD = L

@Oak = W/L

Jax = L

People often forget that just before the wonderful 10-6 season in 2005 the Chiefs were 6-10 in 2004. According to the scoreboard, KC finished impressively last year beating the snot out of SD and NE, but those teams' fates were already decided at that point (SD was already eliminated by wk 16 & NE had already clinched the division going into wk 17).

Herm has already started announcing his gameplans before minicamp by saying, in so many words, that KC didn't run the ball nearly enough last year. Only Herm would suggest that 520 carries is running the ball way too little. The one thing KC had going for it on defense last year was that the offense was so powerful & would put up enough points (generally) that it made it easier on the defense in many of their wins; they KNEW the other team was in passing situations a lot more. Now opposing teams will be able to mix it up better with KC about to score a lot less.

They will have a slight rebound in 2007, for no apparent reason, to 8-8.

Third year they will drop to 5-11. Right on cue, Herm will ask for an extension & a raise at this point. He will not get it but Hunt won't fire him just yet either, hoping for a rebound like, as Edwards convinces him, he's done before in 2004. It will help his case to the brain-dead KC reporters that Herm makes sure "done it before" and "in 2004" end his sentences so they rhyme.

Fourth year they will drop to 3-13 and pick 1st in the draft, as Edwards will have spent most of his offseason talking to his agent & reporters that are sympathetic to him for giving them so many scoops since 2006. He will hint at his non-extension during each interview while insisting he's not going into it in further detail, not "quitting," and (as such) is taking the high road.

KC gets a new HC after his 4th season. Herm goes on to coach college ball at this point with moderate success. His motivational speech gigs go down from $17,000 to $17.00 a pop. Herm starts an affair with a college student. Lia catches him, finding a left-behind sorority hat while she was home sweeping corners of their bedroom.

***edit*** Fourth year, after going 3-13, they will pick 3rd in a 3-way tie break. The other two teams were 3-12 going into week 17 and the Chiefs were 2-13. Herm's team pulls out a win in that meaningless final game & drops them out of the #1 slot.

Sperm - I agree accept I think it could be much worse than 7-9. With a new OC, a tough schedule, a very old team and Herm screwing up the defense I can see a Rich Kotite type fiasco in KC. 3-13, 1-15 then laughed out of town.

I will say that he last 3 years and then he gets fired. They go 11 and 5 this season. Followed by 9 and 7, then a 5 and 11 campaign in the year he gets axed.

agree,,

its Herms MO,, he will take the quality infrastructure that he inherited and have a decent year due to players playing happy cause there are no rules, weight restrictions etc,,

that wil lover time fade as they are over-weight nad thier priorities will change as Herm will take all the fire out of them and convince them going to mall with wife is more important than the 4 to 6 years of playing pro ball is...

Only thing is Edwards comes in strictly as a figurehead.His input should be limited, but that doesn't last. Solari and Cunningham are running his units while Edwards runs his mouth. But Edwards' failure to understand winning football games requires scoring points will bite them in the rear at some point. And it's inevitable once Edwards tries to put his dumba$$ stamp on things that he will clash with Cunninghm and Solari. He will eventually fall into the same pattern-crappy starts, lousy clock management, poor prep, and a fingerpoinitng festival. And I don't think KC is gonna like that one bit, and Cunningham and Solari won't allow their reps to get sullied like Edwards has done to so many other assistants.

Core problem-Edwards will always be about Herman Edwards. Winning football games is secondary.

I think he'll last through his contract, but that will be it. He brings nothing to the table, so I don't see how he'll be the "X-factor" in putting KC over the top. They will be competitive, but like other posters have already pointed out, his failure to realize that the season starts in September, not October, will always keep KC behind the 8-ball.

Want to have some fun? The password is "delusional".

http://wildbill.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9955

Haha these guys are clueless. Says that the Reed/Vilma fight was nothing more than a common tiff on a 4-12 team. Problem is the fight happened week 1 and it was not just a little shouting match. He punched Vilma in the face. Reading this crap is every bit as frustrating as the last 5 years of reading a lot of the stuff on Jets board.

6 years.

Herm will take them to the playoffs 3 out of his first 4 years which means they will keep him around. How far? Who knows. Who cares. We shouldn't be worried about his success or lack their of since he's not the coach of the Jets anymore.

After the 3 out of 4 run, he will have 2 straight unsuccessful seasons in which he will be fired or "traded" for a draft pick again.

Question. Did Dick Curl follow him to KC to make sure that 60 seconds are still in a minute?

I say Herm lasts 4 years. All new coaches get at least 3 years to prove themselves and to show whether they should get ****canned or be kept. Around the 3rd year is when the heat starts to build up and by the 4th it's win now or find a new job. He's got a decent enough offense with Larry Johnson and Green to be competitive this year, but from the looks of that team as a whole, they are an aging bunch without much talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Mangini will be run out of New York before Herman Edwards is run out of Kansas City.

I expect to see Herm doing those late-night infomercials within 3 years. He'll sell a 6-CD box set of himself, which no one will understand because of all the double-talk. The "play to win the game' BS will be peppered throughout.

I expect to see Herm doing those late-night infomercials within 3 years. He'll sell a 6-CD box set of himself, which no one will understand because of all the double-talk. The "play to win the game' BS will be peppered throughout.

actually he will be doing Theater in the Round at Holiday Inns. He will be playing Jackie Childs in the stage adaptation of Seinfeld:

JackieChiles.jpg

actually he will be doing Theater in the Round at Holiday Inns. He will be playing Jackie Childs in the stage adaptation of Seinfeld:

JackieChiles.jpg

LOL! Who told you to put the balm on? Did I tell you to put the balm on? Do you know what a balm is?

• 5 months later...
it says he's posted as recently as yesterday

Where??and about what???

He would not stop lambasting Mangini all off season..he should come back and eat some crow if he has any balls..

Edit:I must have missed him..damnit!!!!:Cuss: :Cuss: :Cuss:

Archived