Breaking News: Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident {Merged 5x}

StillerPaul

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just dont get how these players are allowed this type of action.

The NFL has to get tougher on restrictions in contracts and monetary fines if player caught violating...

he can ride to his hearts delite when he retires a ,millionaire at 34...

but an owner is paying millions for his body and has the right to see that is protected,, if player disagrees he can go ride a bike as a dishwasher,,,,,

we iwll see how important ridin a bike is..

I just dont get how these players are allowed this type of action.

The NFL has to get tougher on restrictions in contracts and monetary fines if player caught violating...

he can ride to his hearts delite when he retires a ,millionaire at 34...

but an owner is paying millions for his body and has the right to see that is protected,, if player disagrees he can go ride a bike as a dishwasher,,,,,

we iwll see how important ridin a bike is..

They should be able to recover some of the SB (particularly) if it causes actual missed games and pro-rate that amount from the SB (and salary). Player should have to pay it back. (If the player wants to take out an insurance policy on himself to better able himself to pay it back then fine). Then the team should be able to recover the amount repaid in cap room as well.

I'll tell you ya gotta be crazy to drive a bike in this day and age-especially down here in Florida,with all the old people and all.I've seen one too many wrecks and a couple of months ago me and the wife saw a dead biker on the side of Military Trail in Lake Worth.Once in NYC down on the East Side I saw a guy try to weave through traffic and somebody opened the drivers side door-ouch

hot_sign.jpgSteelers | Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:11:04 -0700

KDKA.com reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl">Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head) has been injured in a motorcycle accident around 11:30 am Monday, June 12. The team has confirmed Roethlisberger was injured. He was not wearing a helmet when he flew over the handlebars and hit his head on the windshield of a car, according to an eyewitness. The witness added Roethlisberger seemed groggy and was bleeding from his head, but was able to say his first name. He has been taken to Mercy Hospital, but officials are not commenting on his condition.

According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost most of teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost most of teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

And the plot thickens.......

who kept him in thier keeper fantasy leagues?

Just to be clear. I feel for the guy, but sometimes, when everyone in the world tells you to stop poking your eye with a stick, and you don't and go blind, it is just funny.

Driving around on a death trap without a helmet is one of the dumbest things he could do.

BZ

hayabusa.jpg

Hayabusa's areb the fastest bikes you can buy... wonder how fast he was going...

Listen I can't think of any reason not to wear a helmet especially when your livelyhood of making millions while in your 20's depends on the health of your body and noggin. But I can't for the life of me see how it would even be thinkable to ride that thing without a helmet. One friggin hair pull of that throttle will have you up to 100mph in 3 seconds. I'm not saying he deserved it, but he sure as hell had it coming to him.

I tend to find Terry Bradshaw extremely annoying, and more or less an idiot, but he was right about Big Ben and teh chopper. In the ESPN article, it mentioned Bradshaw had told him he should ride it "when he retired".

I think it's a small sacrifice when your making millions of dollars a year in both your nfl contract and in endorsement deals (in what Big Ben *would* have made in campbell's soup commercials) to not ride a motorcycle, at least without a helmet.

Chances are, if the injuries are what Bit mentioned. He's never going to be the same quarterback he was pre-accident. It's kind of hard to come back from having a "severe" knee injury (and i use severe in a medical term, not football term) a 9 inch laceration on your head all over your teeth knocked out. For him to somehow come back from this all 100% and back to his Super Bowl form is a tall order.

These athletes think they're indestructible super heros....

Why not wear a helmet? because he wants to be recognized on his bike.

shouldnt even be riding it,,,

helmet wouldnt have prevented potentially career ending knee injuries

Somewhere, StillerPaul is fastening a noose.

:eek:

I am totally crushed by this. First and foremost i hope he comes out of this OK. I've heard so many rumors about his condition it's impossible to believe one. The Doc says he's coherent and in serious but stable condition. We'll no more later on. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Archived