You guys missing Ty Law? Feedback?

Chiefsfan

Herm? Bahahahahaha. Good luck man. You play to lose the game by 7 or less is his true mantra.

Law? His 10 interceptions were mostly late in games when the games were just out of reach. His final 3 were in the last game of the season against the mighty Kelly Holcomb. He's put on at least 15 lbs last season and Herm just seems to let him do whatever he wants to do. Needless to say I would've loved to keep him with Mangini coming in and whipping the players into better shape. Law wouldn't probably put up 10 INT's again but he would be better.

Ty Law? Last season had to be the most overhyped season for him. He was average at best. I do not judge my CBs based on interceptions alone. Sometimes interceptions come your way when you're out of position and the QB overthrows the ball. I judge it by getting beat, and my mental image is LT tearing Ty Law's groin... Ok, so he didn't really, but if LT had a 100 foot restraining order on Ty Law, he wouldn't have violated it.

hey guys, just joined this forum. I wanted your impressions of Coach Herm, and Ty Law, reading some questionable press wondered what the average fan had to say. Got some feedback?

You came to the wrong place. All off season it was how Herman Edwards sucks, Ty Law sucks, Kevin Mawae sucks, Santana Moss sucks, John Abraham sucks. Every player/coach who leaves are overrated junk.

They won't miss Ty Law, but they will sure miss his 10 INT's an all time record for a Jet CB. They will tell you all those INT's were balls thrown right at him (as if opposing QB's were trying to pad Law's stats). Forget Herman Edwards, his approval rating here is lower than George Bush's or Osama Bin Forgotten's..

The majority of Jet fans act like Jennifer Anniston crapping all over Brad Pitt because she was dumped for a more attractive person with a better future. It's hilarious.. you will soon see.

That's what the average fan, at least on sites such as this, will have to say. Don't believe it, just watch the responses.

hey guys, just joined this forum. I wanted your impressions of Coach Herm, and Ty Law, reading some questionable press wondered what the average fan had to say. Got some feedback?

Welcome to JetNation - hope you enjoy the place - it's a fun and knowledgable community of people.

I think that Law benefitted from being on a terrible team last year. He took lots of chances to get INT's (although he's been known to do that throughout his career anyway) and committed a lot of penalties. He was over-weight the entire season. He is a good CB, but is probably heading toward being a FS soon, especially if he doesn't drop some weight. Herm baby's him - let him skip meetings and practices last year as well.

Herm Edwards would be a great PR director, but his "coaching" is questionable at best. The Chiefs may end up being ok as long as he lets the assistants coach, manage the game, and run the practices. He also needs to let the GM get players - not try to do that himself. Finally, he needs to shut his mouth - he gives way too many interviews and tells everyone just what the game plan is for each week with is 25 media sessions. I think y'all will be good this year with Herm, decent next year, but once your core players leave/fall into the "Herm way" of doing things, your team will end up like the Jets of last year - out-played, out-prepared, out-thought, out-worked. You'll have a heck of a spokesman for a head-coach, though.

Just my opinion, I'm CERTAIN there will be a lot more in this thread.

You came to the wrong place. All off season it was how Herman Edwards sucks, Ty Law sucks, Kevin Mawae sucks, Santana Moss sucks, John Abraham sucks. Every player/coach who leaves are overrated junk.

They won't miss Ty Law, but they will sure miss his 10 INT's an all time record for a Jet CB. They will tell you all those INT's were balls thrown right at him (as if opposing QB's were trying to pad Law's stats). Forget Herman Edwards, his approval rating here is lower than George Bush's or Osama Bin Forgotten's..

The majority of Jet fans act like Jennifer Anniston crapping all over Brad Pitt because she was dumped for a more attractive person with a better future. It's hilarious.. you will soon see.

That's what the average fan, at least on sites such as this, will have to say. Don't believe it, just watch the responses.

That anniston quote was magnificant, mind if I pirate it away to my blog site? It should be enjoyed by all! Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to JetNation - hope you enjoy the place - it's a fun and knowledgable community of people.

I think that Law benefitted from being on a terrible team last year. He took lots of chances to get INT's (although he's been known to do that throughout his career anyway) and committed a lot of penalties. He was over-weight the entire season. He is a good CB, but is probably heading toward being a FS soon, especially if he doesn't drop some weight. Herm baby's him - let him skip meetings and practices last year as well.

Herm Edwards would be a great PR director, but his "coaching" is questionable at best. The Chiefs may end up being ok as long as he lets the assistants coach, manage the game, and run the practices. He also needs to let the GM get players - not try to do that himself. Finally, he needs to shut his mouth - he gives way too many interviews and tells everyone just what the game plan is for each week with is 25 media sessions. I think y'all will be good this year with Herm, decent next year, but once your core players leave/fall into the "Herm way" of doing things, your team will end up like the Jets of last year - out-played, out-prepared, out-thought, out-worked. You'll have a heck of a spokesman for a head-coach, though.

I havent seen a weight on Ty Law yet. What was he chunked up to last year, you recall? Coach Herm says he came in "in great shape"! I dunno... pass me the rib bones!

Ty Law? Last season had to be the most overhyped season for him. He was average at best. I do not judge my CBs based on interceptions alone. Sometimes interceptions come your way when you're out of position and the QB overthrows the ball. I judge it by getting beat, and my mental image is LT tearing Ty Law's groin... Ok, so he didn't really, but if LT had a 100 foot restraining order on Ty Law, he wouldn't have violated it.

they said when he tried out for us last year, that he was overhyped.

But 10 ints is good on anybodys team, everyone of the NFL DBs has a soft armed quartback chuckin the biscuit a few times a year. 10=10 !

Hey... how did he hit? Consistantly?

Didnt all those Jets vets benefit from the lax summer schedule and easy outs as provided by Herm? (I wont call him coach, out of respect!) Do you think it made them soft or did they save a few strains and grunts for a longer playing career?

in all seriousness ty law was the fattest starting CB in the league last year - he played at what looked like 220 pounds maybe more - Randy Moss is in your division it's not a matchup you want, even if he sheds the extra weight he was never a speed burner. He had about a million "ty law" penalties and also got juked out of his jock strap on several occasions (LT2 ran him over and see the first buffalo game where Ty Law literally lost the game for the Jets by losing coverage in the EZ... twice)

the 10 INT were nice but he really wasn't all that great.

Herm? Bahahahahaha. Good luck man. You play to lose the game by 7 or less is his true mantra.

Law? His 10 interceptions were mostly late in games when the games were just out of reach. His final 3 were in the last game of the season against the mighty Kelly Holcomb. He's put on at least 15 lbs last season and Herm just seems to let him do whatever he wants to do. Needless to say I would've loved to keep him with Mangini coming in and whipping the players into better shape. Law wouldn't probably put up 10 INT's again but he would be better.

I hope you all benefit from the style, maybe he'll Mangini gets your boys bruised and contussed in order to defend that trophy! Hell, Congrats!

Hey, I happen to think Jennifer Anniston is better looking than Jolie...especially the morning after...;)

Seriously, the Jet players were spoiled under Club Med Edwards...that especially came out after he left. It's a toss up whether this guy gets better as a HC with the Chiefs or with anyone else for that matter because he sure as hell didn't progress up the scale with each passing year while he was here.

I kind of wished we held onto Law, but then again, our crappy play up front gave this guy many opportunities to make plays (INT's).

Didnt all those Jets vets benefit from the lax summer schedule and easy outs as provided by Herm? (I wont call him coach, out of respect!) Do you think it made them soft or did they save a few strains and grunts for a longer playing career?

There were more than a few players out of shape last year on both sides of the ball. There were no consequences for this behavior (at least none that were apparent) from Herm.

in all seriousness ty law was the fattest starting CB in the league last year - he played at what looked like 220 pounds maybe more - Randy Moss is in your division it's not a matchup you want, even if he sheds the extra weight he was never a speed burner. He had about a million "ty law" penalties and also got juked out of his jock strap on several occasions (LT2 ran him over and see the first buffalo game where Ty Law literally lost the game for the Jets by losing coverage in the EZ... twice)

the 10 INT were nice but he really wasn't all that great.

220 !!!! Omigod! I'll have to keep an ear out how well he is eating here. Didnt he try to blame it on his "inability to train" with the injury and all? Herm, has said Ty worked hard all Spring, came to camp in good weight "for him" it doesnt sound good, does it? Moss will have who to throw to him? I dont think it will be a problem.

220 !!!! Omigod! I'll have to keep an ear out how well he is eating here. Didnt he try to blame it on his "inability to train" with the injury and all? Herm, has said Ty worked hard all Spring, came to camp in good weight "for him" it doesnt sound good, does it? Moss will have who to throw to him? I dont think it will be a problem.

Fear the screen pass to LT, though:

11605200229.jpg

Herm is a clown plain and simple. Every year we made the playoffs we received luck (some of it very unfortunate) of epic proportions.

2001: The week 2 game against the Raiders gets pushed back to week 18 due to the 9/11 attacks. THe way we got out of the gates that year the Raiders would have embarrassed us in week 2. But we got them later on when we playing a little bit better.... Even in that game Rich Gannon overthrew a wide open Roland Williams (i mean wide open, there was nobody near him) for a first down that would have ended the game, and John Hall pulled a 53 yard game winning field goal out of his backside. Just bizarre luck.

2002: We needed another Dolphin choke job against the Pats late in the game to make our game against GB relevant.

2004: The Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers beat the Buffalo bills as the Jets lost in St. Louie and would have been eliminated had the Bills not choked so badly.

I hear the KC press is calling Herm a defensive guru who will fix teh Chiefs' defense. Thats pretty funny considering we only had a respectable defense one year under Herm. Just wait until you get a load of his cover-2 leave 3 open defensive philosophy.

His clock management skills - or lack thereof is a complete embarrassment.

I can go on an on, but it would take to darn long.

To sum it up: The Chiefs are screwed

As for Law, he had a very good year considering he came off an injury that many thought would end his career and teh NFL no longer gives CBs a chance to compete. I dont know what else Jet fans wanted from him. He got beat for a big play maybe once or twice all year..... So one of the best RBs in the league made him look stupid one play. BFD... He has a strong prescence on the field.. Week 1 @ KC he was coming off a major injury, didnt practice all that much yet the CHiefs did not try to exploit him because he still has the respect of QBs and coaches around the league..There still arent many CBs Id take over Law right now. He is fine.

Hey, I happen to think Jennifer Anniston is better looking than Jolie...especially the morning after...;)

Seriously, the Jet players were spoiled under Club Med Edwards...that especially came out after he left. It's a toss up whether this guy gets better as a HC with the Chiefs or with anyone else for that matter because he sure as hell didn't progress up the scale with each passing year while he was here.

I kind of wished we held onto Law, but then again, our crappy play up front gave this guy many opportunities to make plays (INT's).

Our Offensive co-ordinator should handle pushing it. Just giving the ball to Larry Johnson then Green hitting some previously unknown receiver for a quick slant. But Herm was a "defensive genius" right? I dunno... Hope this Tamba Hali can contribute to a rush thereby letting Law have to cover for only say... 5 seconds? ( 220, shessh!)

Herm is a clown plain and simple. Every year we made the playoffs we received luck (some of it very unfortunate) of epic proportions.

2001: The week 2 game against the Raiders gets pushed back to week 18 due to the 9/11 attacks. THe way we got out of the gates that year the Raiders would have embarrassed us in week 2. But we got them later on when we playing a little bit better.... Even in that game Rich Gannon overthrew a wide open Roland Williams (i mean wide open, there was nobody near him) for a first down that would have ended the game, and John Hall pulled a 53 yard game winning field goal out of his backside. Just bizarre luck.

2002: We needed another Dolphin choke job against the Pats late in the game to make our game against GB relevant.

2004: The Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers beat the Buffalo bills as the Jets lost in St. Louie and would have been eliminated had the Bills not choked so badly.

I hear the KC press is calling Herm a defensive guru who will fix teh Chiefs' defense. Thats pretty funny considering we only had a respectable defense one year under Herm. Just wait until you get a load of his cover-2 leave 3 open defensive philosophy.

His clock management skills - or lack thereof is a complete embarrassment.

I can go on an on, but it would take to darn long.

To sum it up: The Chiefs are screwed

As for Law, he had a very good year considering he came off an injury that many thought would end his career and teh NFL no longer gives CBs a chance to compete. I dont know what else Jet fans wanted from him. He got beat for a big play maybe once or twice all year..... So one of the best RBs in the league made him look stupid one play. BFD... He has a strong prescence on the field.. Week 1 @ KC he was coming off a major injury, didnt practice all that much yet the CHiefs did not try to exploit him because he still has the respect of QBs and coaches around the league..There still arent many CBs Id take over Law right now. He is fine.

May I quote you on my URL Blog, this is good stuff, thnx

Chiefs - You got an excellent player. I think last season, as covered ad nauseum, Ty could not really participate in offseason conditioning.

I think he comes back with a huge chip on his shoulder and has an excellent season for you.

They won't miss Ty Law, but they will sure miss his 10 INT's an all time record for a Jet CB.

We will really miss all the PI calls and associated penalty yards when Law got torched. We won't miss much about Herm except he's really a nice guy. Good luck with your season.

Just check the first Buffalo game last year where Law exhibited some of the worst tackling skills i have ever seen in the NFL. He likes to throw his shoulder pads at the legs of the RB, either missing completely or bouncing off. Take away the inability to tackle and the multiple holding penalties and he's pretty good.

Law obviously has a nose for the ball, but he's getting old and like everyone said, he was overweight last year and it affected his play. Can't really say if the problems will outweigh the gain for you guys this year, but for us the interceptions didn't outweigh all the penalties and general poor play. Maybe he would have been better under our new staff, but he wasn't a good fit for our rebuilding team anyway. Did anyone mention the coaching staff keeping our young DBs away from him in meetings cause they thought he'd be a bad influence? Anyway, based on what he did for us, he wasn't worth the pay he was getting. Good luck with him, maybe if he is actually in shape this year, he'll play better.

The only ways you guys are going to do anything special with Herm are if he learned his lesson in NY or because of something your other coaches do, or just plain get lucky. He's not going to get it done doing things the way he did for the Jets. Telling the other team the gameplan before sunday, playing injured players when he shouldn't, spending 2 hours with the media instead of on something important, throwing people under buses, not making smart adjustments after halftime, etc. You guys have a lot of talent, so maybe that can squeek you into the playoffs with some luck like we did under herm.

Don't believe rajen, he isn't objective at all. He's probably the least objective person on this board. All he does is wait for someone to bash herm or say john abraham was weak vs the run and cost too much and then comes in and say something stupid. Then he disappears while everyone makes him look like a fool. People like him try to make a big deal out of herm taking us to the playoffs 3 times, even though he only went 2-5 in postseason games. One of those wins being the blowout of the chokes, i mean colts, and the other being the miracle win vs san diego. In the other 3 games, we were outcoached and outplayed.

Archived