You guys missing Ty Law? Feedback?

Chiefsfan

I think Law will definately be a good player for you guys, but I gotta agree that you guys screwed up by hiring Herm.

Easily the most overrated coach in the league. He's says you play to win the game but in reality he plays not to lose the game. You can say goodbye to your high powered offense. Your gonna see a conservative approach from now on.

Herm is a great person but that's also his biggest flaw as a HC, he's too nice. Vermeil had more balls than Edwards. I've heard he's only making your guys practice 45 minutes at a time in camp. Good luck with that. Mangini has been making our guys practice 2 1/2 hours at a time and I fully support it.

Herm let players skip workouts last year and didn't make some guys hit the weightroom. I ask you, does that sound like something a good HC would do?

Bottom line, Herm took a very talented Parcells team and ran it into the ground.

I think Law will definately be a good player for you guys, but I gotta agree that you guys screwed up by hiring Herm.

Easily the most overrated coach in the league. He's says you play to win the game but in reality he plays not to lose the game. You can say goodbye to your high powered offense. Your gonna see a conservative approach from now on.

Herm is a great person but that's also his biggest flaw as a HC, he's too nice. Vermeil had more balls than Edwards. I've heard he's only making your guys practice 45 minutes at a time in camp. Good luck with that. Mangini has been making our guys practice 2 1/2 hours at a time and I fully support it.

Herm let players skip workouts last year and didn't make some guys hit the weightroom. I ask you, does that sound like something a good HC would do?

Bottom line, Herm took a very talented Parcells team and ran it into the ground.

Hey Jennifer, you carry the hatred to new heights. Herman Edwards inherited the players from Parcells, got almost nothing from Terry Bradway for five years, and squeezed every drop of blood with the talent he inherited.

In five years Herman Edwards produced three playoff appearances, two playoff wins and an AFC East Championship.. That equals the combined previous fifteen years of playoff appearances, playoff wins and AFC East championships produced by Al Groh, Bill Parcells, Rich Kotite, Pete Carrol, Bruce Coslett and Joe Walton combined.

Then he dumped you for someone far more attractive and with a far better future.. don't take it so personally, you have a chance to hook up with some fading 'B' movie actor.

Hey Jennifer, you carry the hatred to new heights. Herman Edwards inherited the players from Parcells, got almost nothing from Terry Bradway for five years, and squeezed every drop of blood with the talent he inherited.

In five years Herman Edwards produced three playoff appearances, two playoff wins and an AFC East Championship.. That equals the combined previous fifteen years of playoff appearances, playoff wins and AFC East championships produced by Al Groh, Bill Parcells, Rich Kotite, Pete Carrol, Bruce Coslett and Joe Walton combined.

Then he dumped you for someone far more attractive and with a far better future.. don't take it so personally, you have a chance to hook up with some fading 'B' movie actor.

Dude, seriouly. Why do you post on Jet sites? We all know that your a KC fan and your last statement in you post above proves that. Go back to playing with Herm's dick.

Hey Lia,

Herm is the one who insisted on getting CB's who could tackle better, a 3 Technique DT, Changing the position of Shaun Ellis, starting LB's who could no longer play in this league over youngsters who could (actually that goes for every position), getting C Pennington killed by playing him hurt in order to save his own neck, allowing Chester McGlocton to sleep in the locker room during practice, deciding to run the ball 3 times in Pitt with a chance to win the game, blowing countless regular season games in the same manor, admit he is not a knowledgeable OC or DC or STC, by letting his OC and DC go he basically escaped all responsibilities for any failures, when in fact he was the one jumping up and down and telling the press that these systems would work great just a few years earlier.

Herm is a bum, plain and simple. Vermiel knew exactly what he was doing by recommending Herm to the Chiefs. He talked to Parcells who said "hey if chiefs fans think they have it bad, recommend Herm". Thanks to that Herm Jets fans compare Parcells to Vince Lombardi. Parcells never even got to a super bowl with the Jets and yet there is a huge faction of fans that are ready to name a street after Parcells after witnessing the Herm Edwards era.

A lot of people around here including me, liked having Herm as our coach but after you go back and realize how many mistakes he made you really start to say wow maybe he wasn't such a good coach. The true test is how he does with KC. If in 2-3 years you guys start coming up with losing seasons, because you've been good for a while, than we know it's Herm. I liked Ty Law because he has a good reputation and maybe he intimidates some qbs but he had a lot of penalties last year and his 10 interceptions didn't help us win any games. You guys should have a good season next year though. Keep in mind Herm has never taken a team that wasn't already going in a good direction.

Hey Jennifer, you carry the hatred to new

How many times are you going to use the same analogy in one thread? He may have squeezed the blood out of the talent he had but look where that got us. We were in the playoffs but no superbowl so who really gives a ****. Second of all, a real great coach would have gotten his own players and kept the team strong. Injuries happen but come on. Herm's gone.. Get get get get get get over it

Unlike most people on here, I am not a true Herm hater. He was not the best in game manager. Horrible clock management, even with a "coach" specifically assigned to it. As far as I'm concerned before the iinjury induced mplosion last year the players played hard and they were a competitive team with almost anyone-last years 1st game with the Chiefs was a disgrace though. He lost all credibility with me from his constantly swearing he had no plans to jump to the Chiefs when it was obvious all along that was his plan and then he acts like he was pushed to it. I don't know how anybody can believe a thing he says. He is NOT any "defensive genius." In fact, I'm not sure how involved he was in the defense. He had Ted Cottrell to run "his" defense ala Tampa, then when that wasn't so successful he brought in Henderson who ran a different scheme with different attitude. I think the defense was good last year, but broke under the pressure placed upon them by the pitiful offense and embarrassment of the season.

Ty Law is no longer a shut down corner. He is a good ball player. He is better than most. Will hurt you with plenty of pass interference calls, but will get his picks. Not a true top flight cover corner in my eyes, but a very good ballplayer. Not sure he's worth the money, but I'd be happy to have him play for me.

I agree with most people I think although I would have liked to keep Law his season last year was extremelly over hyped. The 10 Int's could also be attributed to the fact that people were picking on him at times. He can't play up at the line of scrimage(at least couldn't last year when he was fresh off the injury) and for all the deep passes he defended he let up easy 4-6 yard routes.

I think Law will have a better season this year but will have about half as many INT's. INT's are not the tell all stat for a CB .

they said when he tried out for us last year, that he was overhyped.

But 10 ints is good on anybodys team, everyone of the NFL DBs has a soft armed quartback chuckin the biscuit a few times a year. 10=10 !

Hey... how did he hit? Consistantly?

hahaha Hit... he backed away from tackles all year. 10 picks does not necessarily mean a good season.. I would rate his season a B-.

Kelly Holcomb giving up 3 INTs on the last day of the season in meaningless game should get a chunk of Law's bonus.Law still has a nose for the ball, and on a team going nowhere he had even more incentive to take chances. He's lost a step. He played heavy. He could still be a decent CB, but at the price he's getting that's tough to understand when you now have Kyle Turley and an NFL Europe refugee as your starting tackles.

Most of the negative stuff-easy camps, short practices, abysmal gmae management-are all true. We saw this year after year-Edwards ladles assets on the DBs and the DL and thinks he can get OL talent on the street. It doesn't work. And even after that the defense was never really good spare Donnie Henderson's 1st year. The idea that he's now selling himself as a defensive guru and a disciplinarian is like Pee Wee Herman pretending to be a Shakspearian stage thespian. Scary thought-Edwards' Jets always seemed winded early in the season. You probably even saw it last opening day. Training and intensity are always issues.

But above all, Edwards is a risk-averse play-not-to-lose jerkoff. On the one occasion he had a chance to do anything with this team, he allowed the Bolts back into a playoff game that should have been long won, and then only won when Shottenheimer played it even closer to the vest that himself. And then managed the follwoing week to make the same mistake vs. the Steelers.

You will find his constant blatherings maddening. And at some point this time around he'll be totally exposed. Sorry-you're in for a rough time. How the Chiefs could go through this draft and not take a top flight tackle if they had any clue what Roaf and Wellbourne were doing is the kind of incompetence we've seen for 5 years. Edwards is always more interested in his crazy Cover Who and the WCO that simply utilizing the talent on hand.

Hi Chiefsfan!

I'm glad to see you join up here... it'll be a good place for you to moan about Herm later on :lol:

Ty Law was a good player for us, IMHO. A bit overpaid, which is the reason he was cut, but he did as well as expected. He's not the star he thinks he is, but what player is these days?:rolleyes:

Herm? I'm so sorry for you. While he'll probably have a good first year (can't ruin the team overnight), he'll soon make a mess of the chiefs. Sorry. I predict a new job for Herm within 5 years...

Herm_in_five_years.jpg

Aren't half of everyones INTs the result of same? Im pretty sure!

Im wanting to know the ferociousness of his tackling!

The only thing he ferociously tackled was the buffet.

I also enjoyed the 12 yard cushion he gave receivers. Especially on 3rd and 5. Good times.

Being wrong does not necessarily mean you are incompetent; sometimes, being wrong is simply a result of unknown variables beyond your control. For example, in a game of chance, such as blackjack, decisions are calculated based on the law of averages. But sometimes, rational logic and perfect calculations are betrayed by luck- good or bad. A player can be dealt a twelve; based on the law of averages, a good decision is to take another card from the dealer. However, the dealer can throw down a king. Even though this player made a good decision, the player was wrong for making it. Another player could be holding seventeen, and request a hit from the dealer. This player is not exercising good judgment, and yet, if the dealer throws down a four, this player will win. How do you explain this? Is life reduced to blind luck? The answer is no. Why? Lets assume our two blackjack gamblers continue to sit at that table and gamble for several more hours. The first player continues to calculate, and use logic, based on the law of averages. The second player continues to make irrational decisions based on little more than whims. What would their status be? We don

Being wrong does not necessarily mean you are incompetent; sometimes, being wrong is simply a result of unknown variables beyond your control. For example, in a game of chance, such as blackjack, decisions are calculated based on the law of averages. But sometimes, rational logic and perfect calculations are betrayed by luck- good or bad. A player can be dealt a twelve; based on the law of averages, a good decision is to take another card from the dealer. However, the dealer can throw down a king. Even though this player made a good decision, the player was wrong for making it. Another player could be holding seventeen, and request a hit from the dealer. This player is not exercising good judgment, and yet, if the dealer throws down a four, this player will win. How do you explain this? Is life reduced to blind luck? The answer is no. Why? Lets assume our two blackjack gamblers continue to sit at that table and gamble for several more hours. The first player continues to calculate, and use logic, based on the law of averages. The second player continues to make irrational decisions based on little more than whims. What would their status be? We don’t know for sure. But we can draw a conclusion based on similar scenarios, theories and results. We know from experience, that player number two can be lucky once, maybe twice, but overall, he is engaging in a system of pure folly. He is setting a course of failure, and will inevitably go broke. So much of life is like this, although not as simple. In daily life, there are thousands of variables. Although chance cannot be completely eliminated, one must have established principals and the discipline to apply them.

Herman Edwards is player #2.

Put it in stone: He will not develop an players during the time he is in KC. What he will do, he will squeeze all he can out of the players he inherited, get 9 or 10 wins a season out of them, and 3 or 4 years from now, after their shelf life expires, he'll abandon the complete mess he created.

That's exactly what that fraud did here.

Case in point #1

9 wins in 2000 = utter failure & the HC resigns in shame

9 wins in 2002 = division champions & HC is made to be a savior

Case in point #2

8 wins in 2004 = Martz makes the playoffs yet again

10 wins in 2005 = Vermeil misses the playoffs without Martz yet again

10 wins in 2003 = Wanstadt the loser misses the playoffs & his career is over by mid-2004.

"Put it in stone: He will not develop an players during the time he is in KC. What he will do, he will squeeze all he can out of the players he inherited, get 9 or 10 wins a season out of them, and 3 or 4 years from now, after their shelf life expires, he'll abandon the complete mess he created".

"That's exactly what that fraud did here".

Put it in stone, the players he did not inherit, Santana Moss, Jonothon Vilma, Kareem McKenzie, Lamont Jordan, Kerry Rhodes and Eric Coleman are vastly over rated players who were simply 'pimped' up by the Fraud to make him look better...... Ask the Jennifer Jets.

Lia's back!

Lamont Jordan was developed by Edwards.Really? Does that, by your definition of "develop" involve ignoring him all season and during playoff games when Martin was hurt or ineffective, like in 2002 and 2003?

Moss was not much of a factor here, though it's hard to fault or credit Edwards one way or another. Vilma was a solid player at Miami. same thing.Tell us all about the strides Robertson and Bryan Thomas made while your at it.

Rhodes and Coleman may yet be solid players, but not much more than that. I hope so, but there isn't much evidence of Edwards doing much more than ladling draft picks and free agent signings on the defensive backfield without much good to show for it, allt he while allowing the OL to decay. Robinson, Barrett, Donnie Abraham, Law, Rhodes, Coleman, Miller-heck it was a freaking fire drill back there. It could even be said that the best CB tandem the jets had for Edwards' whole tenure was the pair-Glenn and Coleman- he sent packing in the Texans expansion draft about 30 seconds after taking the job.

Im wanting to know the ferociousness of his tackling!

I remember in the beginning of the year after LT gave Law the shimmy-shake of the century Max said something like "I remember when Ty Law used to own his half of the field" Which is absolutely correct, there is no longer "ferociousness" in his tackling, he is DONE.

Archived