Is Cannizzaro being given a time-out by the NY Post?

Sperm Edwards

The day after he gives an online-only "clarification" of his comparing the #4 overal pick & local golden-boy D'Brickashaw Ferguson to a timid little girl (or whatever the exact quote was), two Jets articles in today's (8/1) NY Post were written by Evan Grossman. Mark has Canna-zero articles in the paper today.

Could it be that after his ripping on 'Brick the Jets have told the Post that until he's replaced as the Jets beat writer that he'll never get a 1-on-1 interview with anyone in the organization again? I mean he never once mentioned in any of his articles that all the Jets rookies in camp with zero holdouts yet again.

Opinions?

I wonder if his bosses knew anything about his $55 "exclusive content" act with Sooth. Newpapers and magazines allow writers to make money on the side ofr other stuff as long as they don't sell their main gig short. If the Post is going to pay a salary and expenses, why should it allow it's beat writer to peddle "exclusive content"?

And it's also fair to wonder if Woody Johnson and the whole Jets organization are tired of Cannizzarro's relentessly negative crap from the end of Herm's term until now, and let the Post know it. It's almost like Canizzarro couldn't wait-on Day 1 he's ripping the Jets organization again. He could've instead written about it less stridently and taken that matter up with Frank Ramos(or who ever runs the medi relations at Hofstra) the next day. Like mom always told you, you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

I wonder if his bosses knew anything about his $55 "exclusive content" act with Sooth. Newpapers and magazines allow writers to make money on the side ofr other stuff as long as they don't sell their main gig short. If the Post is going to pay a salary and expenses, why should it allow it's beat writer to peddle "exclusive content"?

And it's also fair to wonder if Woody Johnson and the whole Jets organization are tired of Cannizzarro's relentessly negative crap from the end of Herm's term until now, and let the Post know it. It's almost like Canizzarro couldn't wait-on Day 1 he's ripping the Jets organization again. He could've instead written about it less stridently and taken that matter up with Frank Ramos(or who ever runs the medi relations at Hofstra) the next day. Like mom always told you, you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

Ramos retired I think 3 years ago. He was there so long that its easy

to think he is still there.

By the way...

Another day, another issue of the NYPost without a Canna-zero article (and again two by Evan Grossman).

There is definitely something to this.

After a month of just about nothing, f'in training camp just opened & there are Jets articles all over the place in every newspaper, as there are for every team in the NFL. Yet the Jets beat writer for the NY Post hasn't written an article for days.

Sick? Nah, you suck it up when your bread-&-butter has easy articles for you to write. (And don't tell me that lardo doesn't like bread and butter).

Someone has to email the other beat writers (they put their email at the bottom of all their articles) & see if he's even been in camp with the rest of them, or whoever's going to today's practice - walk up to one of them & just ask.

One thing though-Canizzarro is the Post's golf guy. He worked the British Open, and will likely also work the PGA and the Ryder Cup. Figuring the NFL will go thorugh Febraury, that's a tough work schedule. I'm sure Woody Johnson would love to have someone else covering the Jets, but it's just as likely with a schedule like that Canizzarro is just getting a few days off before the PGA and Jets preseason games.

There was a time when HC's would use the media to motivate their players. The big Tuna was VERY famous for that. Does anyone remember when he was with the Patriots how he referred to one of his WR's (Terry Glenn) as "SHE"?

The apple didn't fall too far off the tree I see.

Did you have to pay 55 dollars to get that info joewilly?

no, I got it in the free section thanks, never woulda saw it had it not jumped out at me on my way to the ass kissers forum.

be warned faba: that clicking noise is the turretts moving towards the moderator who weighs the least. i'll think of something funny yet digging to send your way by game 12

well f#@k you anyway sperm :)

AP News

August 2, 2006

Mark Cannizzaro and an unidentified man were found after their vehicle careened through the glass of a local supermarket early this morning.

1108wind.jpg

Police are unsure as to the reason behind the crash, noting that the accident happened at 7:30am. The store was not due to open until 9am. Cannizzaro had been reported as missing by his employer, the NY Post, after not reporting to his position as a NY Jets beat writer for 2 straight days. Mark had written a controversial article followed by an apology to which he received immense criticism and backlash from Jets fans. Police noted that both Cannizzaro and the unnamed passenger had numerous amounts of stains on their shirts to which police believe is pancake syrup.

In seemingly unrelated news, the local supermarket was preparing for a large volume today due to its sale of buy 1 get 2 free pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Store owner Jerry ****sworth siad they had stocked up an unusually large volume of the ice cream in anticipation. He also added " I'm just glad this accident happened prior to the store opening or alot of people could have been hurt. Right now we are assessing the damage and trying to inventory the lost goods." Mr. ****sworth noted that at least 50 pints of the ice cream are missing.

no, I got it in the free section thanks, never woulda saw it had it not jumped out at me on my way to the ass kissers forum.

be warned faba: that clicking noise is the turretts moving towards the moderator who weighs the least. i'll think of something funny yet digging to send your way by game 12

well f#@k you anyway sperm :)

I guarantee once JoeWilly rereads this post he will apologize to all those he offended. Holy Dick Vermeil JoeWilly cries a lot!

I guarantee once JoeWilly rereads this post he will apologize to all those he offended. Holy Dick Vermeil JoeWilly cries a lot!

here's hoping your poolboy contracts some sort of sphincter disease, blames you, cuts you off & cleans your filters with goats urine each week

:rolleyes:

By the way...

Another day, another issue of the NYPost without a Canna-zero article (and again two by Evan Grossman).

There is definitely something to this.

After a month of just about nothing, f'in training camp just opened & there are Jets articles all over the place in every newspaper, as there are for every team in the NFL. Yet the Jets beat writer for the NY Post hasn't written an article for days.

Sick? Nah, you suck it up when your bread-&-butter has easy articles for you to write. (And don't tell me that lardo doesn't like bread and butter).

Someone has to email the other beat writers (they put their email at the bottom of all their articles) & see if he's even been in camp with the rest of them, or whoever's going to today's practice - walk up to one of them & just ask.

Shop Rite has a twofer goin on for cases of Bud. He asked for a few days vacation.

Shop Rite has a twofer goin on for cases of Bud. He asked for a few days vacation.

On a 100-degree day that seems like perfectly rational behavior, especially if said Bud is on ice.This isn't something you don't on vacation?

Programming note-announced just now that Canizzaro has a new interactive gig-Sundays, 8-10 AM on ESPN 1050AM,each and every coming Sunday morning. Start your Sunday morning early (probably hungover form the likes of this crowd)and let him know what a fine job you think he's doing now and in the past. The telephone number is 1-800-919-ESPN.

"This is Sooth from Long Island..you're doing a great job Mark!"

Cannizzaro was on the radio down here, 790 The Ticket, with Sid (yes, Sid Rosenberg).

The show was broadcast from Dolphins camp. I didn't listen to the interview, but Sid did mention earlier that Cannizzaro had claimed that the Star Ledger report on Pennington having been named the starter, was wrong. His "sources" reported that it was not a done deal yet, and that Mangini had said no such thing.

I have been away since Friday and got back to the office today. The thread at JI was a great way to kill 40 minutes. Sooth took a beating. Great stuff.

The amount of "guests" on JN has gone through the roof since then.

All we can do is pick up quality posters. Excellent!

The day after he gives an online-only "clarification" of his comparing the #4 overal pick & local golden-boy D'Brickashaw Ferguson to a timid little girl (or whatever the exact quote was), two Jets articles in today's (8/1) NY Post were written by Evan Grossman. Mark has Canna-zero articles in the paper today.

Could it be that after his ripping on 'Brick the Jets have told the Post that until he's replaced as the Jets beat writer that he'll never get a 1-on-1 interview with anyone in the organization again? I mean he never once mentioned in any of his articles that all the Jets rookies in camp with zero holdouts yet again.

Opinions?

It's called Freedom of Speech. Jesus, just because he doesn't worship at the alter of D'Brickashaw Ferguson like you guys do. There are at least 4-5 other OT's in this draft that will have similar careers to Ferguson but we had to pass up on Matt Leinart and Vernon Davis for this guy.

It's called Freedom of Speech. Jesus, just because he doesn't worship at the alter of D'Brickashaw Ferguson like you guys do. There are at least 4-5 other OT's in this draft that will have similar careers to Ferguson but we had to pass up on Matt Leinart and Vernon Davis for this guy.

Maybe you missed it. His comments had nothing to do with Brick's talents or on the field performance.

WOW...we can only hope that Canna-zero is the one. Makes sense. He can claim its on his own terms but fact is you dont cvover the first week of camp and THEN decide to move on.

If it is Fat Boy, I guantee you it was due to the backlash he got from so many fans.

Fingers are crossed.

Archived