Hello all

MSGold12

well, you made your choice...

I'm not going to try and change your mind, just realize that every board is more than it's owner, it is the dozens of posters that keep it's personality. Don't let your anger towards one person entice you to make little of many many others by association.

Listen, I have nothing aginst Sooth personally. I iked him for a long time. But I dont like what hes doing at his site and the latest thread just made me realize I dont want to post there anymore. And this has NOTHING to do with the posters there...I thought thye were a bunch of good guys.

Not to mention, Sooth doesnt want me to post there anymore anyway so the issue is moot.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a good man Max...I wish you still posted over there (uh oh, now I did it)

I will make you a deal because I am a man of my word. You activate my account over there and I promise I will post. A lot!

Let me know when I am all setup!

Hey JW. Look you know I've known you for years from other boards

and we've met briefly at the stadium. I've always known you to be a

stand up guy.

I believe you have good intentions in the Cano matter in an effort to

quell this firestorm. However after reading reams of pages on both sites

I think you will agree with me that the guys are steadfast in their opinion

concerning Cano and nothing is going to change that.

Every time you respond to a post it raises the hair on another guy and

you end up in another go round.

Its time to take a time out and let this issue start playing itself out.

Jetfanfl is going to be sitting in your section. I will ask him to buy

you a beer on me. I hope there will be no hard feelings over this.

You're right, I'm done.

That will be great meeting Hermanator/Jetfanfl...and I'm doing the buying tell him. Are you coming up at all this year?

ok this will be my last word on this because I don't think it's fair to Max, however it has always been my opinion that he didn't have to do anything at all to charge. I always made a contribution to his site, and any site that I frequented (except here Max do you have a paypal button somewhere?) I will not make judgements on his motivation, I just enjoy being able to discuss my favorite franchise whenever I want, and I am comfortable there.

Now Max let's do a little fund raising here, I'd like to donate.

No Paypal. We did a one time fund raiser and a bunch of people helped out. It is greatly appreciated. But through the use of text links and advertising the site pays for itself now.

No need for user donations. All we ask if for people to post! That is what keeps these sites going. The posters. Anyone who thinks or says otherwise is a liar.

Sorry T-Mac, I forgot about you. See ya at the opener.

Look forward to it, Herm.

My 2 cents on Canny: I can't get too worked up over a sports writer. His artcle was poorly written and as a result somewhat misunderstood. He did offer a fairly decent clarification on JI, which I guess fell short if you cared that much to begin with. The one thing I'll say about him, is he's a true Jets fan. I've met him at the games home and away and he'll drop by and talk with anyone sporting the green. That alone puts him above a certain other major NY scribe, but it wouldn't offend me if RC read this and had a chuckle. Lucky for him he dosen't have to cover the team he roots for.

(JumbalayaJet)

IMO the whole fight over messageboards is stupid!!! Sean is a nice guy, but holds a grudge longer than any woman I have ever known. (except for the ex wife)

I like to post on several jets boards including here, sometimes ji (Sean seems to have let Limo take over his site though)

another good one although its quieter is nflfans.com where seapatsychick is a mod in the seahags forum. I also post sometimes at jetsaddicts and tgg.com.

The best part of it all is plenty of variety on the net, but all share the same passion of football and the jets.

Sorry max, not trying to plug any sites but putting things in perspective

IMO the whole fight over messageboards is stupid!!! Sean is a nice guy, but holds a grudge longer than any woman I have ever known. (except for the ex wife)

I like to post on several jets boards including here, sometimes ji (Sean seems to have let Limo take over his site though)

another good one although its quieter is nflfans.com where seapatsychick is a mod in the seahags forum. I also post sometimes at jetsaddicts and tgg.com.

The best part of it all is plenty of variety on the net, but all share the same passion of football and the jets.

Plugging other sites isn't a problem here. Never understood that actually. The next Jets site is only a google away.

A lot of great posters on JA....Msgold,TBrady and many others. You guys should stop by more often!!

Hey Smizzy, I do need to stop by more often, but right now I am also pretty big on the yankeesboard.com while baseball season is getting hot.

Once football season in underway, I expect to stop by more often.

MSG is one of the best posters we got, don't even think of stealing him away from us!

Irish Alzheimers-forget everything except slights, feuds and grudges.

I liked you better when you posted here as Gameface! LOL, just busting Jetswin, just busting. Hey you and I are tight...I watched your kid and nephew play football at halftime last year. If that doesn't make us friends, nothing will! :P You didn't type anything that would make me say you shouldn't post here anymore.

Why don't you two get a room, this public johnson stroking is disturbing. Be careful though, we wouldn't want anybody to end up with a "sports hernia" like Brady. ;)

Why don't you two get a room, this public johnson stroking is disturbing. Be careful though, we wouldn't want anybody to end up with a "sports hernia" like Brady. ;)

Did you just call me fat? I will ban you. End Of Story.

As noted in another thread here, there's no article in today's POst by Canizzarro. Any idea if it's simply a day off or something else?Since he also worked the British Open (and will probably work the PGA as well) it's probably simply a day off.

Sean Deegan doesn't understand once you solicit or take $55 from prospective members they're customers, and insulting them isn't the smartest move. You are now part of the media. You aren't a fan, you're running a business. And having as a partner a guy who a NY Post beat writer who embarrassed himself with his behavior last season is a mistake. Cannizzaro doing so again this year on the 1st day of camp is also a mistake. For the most part the fan base understands what Mangini, Tannebaum and Johnson are trying to do. To raise a stink about something so petty on day 1 was imbecilic. If Deegan want to stand up for Cannizzaro's right to act like an a$$, he deserves for his website to be a ghost town.

Memo to all-do yourself a favor and stay here. Don't go back to JI.

i wonder what the subscription rate will be when Canitzaro is re-assigned to the WNBA

Max, I hope it doesn't upset you if I post this but I just can't see how some don't see the hypocricy in all of this.

Before anyone accuses me of something I'm not, yes I am a mod at JI, no I have never met Sooth, no I have not reported anything I have read to him, no I do not plan on telling him about this post.

MSG if you truly feel that you did not want to bring down "wrath" on the guy, and feel that defending his belief that what Cannizaro said was not out of line (not something I necessarily agree with, as I said there I see both sides) why would you be ripping the guy and his place on multiple boards? As a matter of fact everyone who is ripping JI obviously spends time there or they wouldn't be as opinionated as they are.

When did it become a terrible place? There is very little censoring of anything there, especially attacks on the owner. If you don't like the place then it's good you found JN, because Max has done a great job here, but I just don't see why it's necessary to attack the other place. Move on fine, why leave in a huff? You were not asked to leave, you were allowed to speak your mind. This is not the popular opinion here, but Sooth for the most part let's people say or do just about anything within reason, and Max even more so here. It just seems he can't win. He is allowed access to the team, and passes it along to his members, he is wrong. If he does not pass things along to his members he is wrong. I guess success makes you a target, but to me this just doesn't make sense. We are all Jets fans, and this whole thing is minute in the scheme of things.

I apologize Max for this post, I've always said I hated the board wars, and since the very beginning here I have stayed out, except to try and get everyone back together. This is not about that, it's about defending the other place yes, but to me I think this time it needs defending.

I'll understand if you don't want me to post here anymore after this.

when u charge 55 bucks u r open to ripping,, thats the thing the JI arsekissers dont freakin understand,,u want to rake in cash for horsecrap content but not expect angry villagers?

Archived