Hello all

MSGold12

Hi fellas,

Some of you may know me from other boards. Jetman57 over at Jets Addicts told me my little anti0 Cannizzaro crusade spread over here. I read the thread about Jets Insider too.

We at Jets Addicts have hated cannizzaro for a long time so when this latest rant of his hit the papers, it was not a big shock that he was attacked. But I wanted to see what the folks at JI thought because for whatever reason, Cannizzaro is a sacred cow over there. The response I got was shocking. Not simlpy that 95% of the people who responded supported my position but moreso that Sooth was SO combative and unwaering in his defense of cannizzaro!!!

My intention was never to bring the wrath down on Sooth, it really wasnt. It was to expose Fat cannizzaro as the unprofessinal, anti jet hack that he is! What was brought down on Sooth was brought on by Sooth. Its a shame because I used to ove that site but I truly feel that Sooth is no longer a fan...hes now a pseudo media member. And hes in bed with the biggest jackass media member of them all.

But in the end, it wasnt Sooth position that made me realize I'll never post there again. It wasnt banning someone for calling Cannizzaro fat. It wasnt even his dictatorial lock out of the thread. In truth, it was when he said that he and canizzaro were sitting in the press box at Hofstra readiung the thread and that Cannizzaro was "laughing and gettnig a kick out of it". To me that said that not only does Canizzaro have little or no respect for the fan abse that reads his crap but that Sooth had no problem with that.

Its a sad day at JI. It was never my intention for the topic to come to that when I brought it up but the fall out has been quite telling.

Anyway, just wanted to come over and say hello and now that I won't e posting at JI anymore, (if you;ll have me...some may know my combative reputation..:eek: )this seems like a good place to come when Jets Addicts is slow.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Sperm,

And if you know anything about me, you kow how much I ADORE your screen name and the picture!!!! I hated Edwards as far back as 2002 and have been calling for his head since then.

I have high hopes for Tangini nw that the Fraud has been jettisoned to KC. I can;t WAIT until they see that joker for what he really is.

As noted in another thread here, there's no article in today's POst by Canizzarro. Any idea if it's simply a day off or something else?Since he also worked the British Open (and will probably work the PGA as well) it's probably simply a day off.

Sean Deegan doesn't understand once you solicit or take $55 from prospective members they're customers, and insulting them isn't the smartest move. You are now part of the media. You aren't a fan, you're running a business. And having as a partner a guy who a NY Post beat writer who embarrassed himself with his behavior last season is a mistake. Cannizzaro doing so again this year on the 1st day of camp is also a mistake. For the most part the fan base understands what Mangini, Tannebaum and Johnson are trying to do. To raise a stink about something so petty on day 1 was imbecilic. If Deegan want to stand up for Cannizzaro's right to act like an a$$, he deserves for his website to be a ghost town.

Memo to all-do yourself a favor and stay here. Don't go back to JI.

Agreed. Cannizzaro's stance during the herm firing and the Dinger issue was an embarassment to objective journalism.

Sooth problem is he doesnt see what he and his site have become.

Canizzaros problem is hes a bitter fat a$$ who hates the team he covers and thinks hes a columnist rather then a beat reporter.

Give me Randy Lange and Dave Hutchinson over Fat cannizzaro and Whiney Cimini anyday.

wecome Gold-this is a good site with a lot of mature posters with a passion for our team.I was really impressed how the brethren stood up to Cannizarro in defense of D'brick,and called him out on it.I have no feelings either way on Sean's motives we all feel the way we feel and he has just as much right as we all do TO our feelings.The Post on the other hand is a different story.Let Canni continue to spew his agenda and we will always be watching-now more than ever-screw him and his buddy Herman-one became obsoete and is gone and the other well on his way.

Thanks SFJ,

Actually I agree. Sooth is entitled to his opinion even if I (and 95% of the others) disagree with it. What bothered me was his iron clad defense of the guy, his banning of a poster for no good reason, his locking the thread when he got tired of responding and MOST of all his sitting with cannizzaro and the two of them laughing at the very fan base who suports his site. THAT was what drove me away once and for all.

cannizzaro is an anti jet hack and Soth unfortunately is now to close to him to recognize that.

Welcome aboard MSG. A strong dislike for Herman Edwards and Cannizarro puts your thoughts about smack dab in the middle of where peoples heads are at here. JN is a great site and the management here won't tell you how to think (just don't bend over for the soap).

Welcome MSG, as I'm sure youare aware your thoughts were dead on in that thread. You remained professional the whole time and yet Sooth continually ignored your posts. This site is far and away better than JI and has grown exponentially since the inception. I think you will enjoy yourself here. As far as JI, Sooth had better make a opact to never post agin or he will lose the majority of his members in no time. When the media opens their mouths it's usually nonsense that is sprewed. Now Sooth is clearly part of that contingent.

I was actually quite surprised that Sooth ignored me. Sooth and go way back. back in 2002 he and I had a joint battle with some folks over at PatFans. I always liked Sooth and respected him and thought he respected me but his ignoring of every point I made was somewhat telling.

He did answer ONE pf my posts...the one where he told me I was wrong to think a majority of fans agreed with my position and that he and Canizzaro were egtting a "big kick" out of the thread.

BTW, NOTE TO ALL HERE; MY TYPING SKILLS SUCK AND i AM TOO LAZY TO SPELL CHECK BEFORE I POST. PLEASE EXCUSE ANY AND ALL TYPOS...ITS A WEAKNESS WHAT CAN I SAY????

We have never made people choose between one site or another. If you continue to post there & at JA or TGG and then here too it's all good. We're all Jets fans. Well Jets fans and Patriots fans. And Jensen who's only a Herm fan now.

Welcome.

What in the hell do they make you drink before you can become a mod? Yeesh!!

Wow I had no idea all this was going on. To see JM57 put down JI, it must be bad. I simply switched in the begining because I refuse to spend another dime on my infatuation with this team. Especially, when that dime is only going to get me brow-beaten. Why on earth would I pay for that? Sooth seemed like a nice enough guy when I first met him, but I think he let things go to his head, and now there is no turning back. Alas, we do have a place to turn. A place where everyone respects your opinion, kinda. So, welcome to any and all. JetNation, the Ellis island of message boards. Give us your tired, sick, weak, and even your green-colored-glasses wearing delusional idiots like myself. Drink the kool-aide folks, it tastes mighty fine!

welcome MS... we tend to be a motley crew... but fun nonetheless...

check out the lounge for some laid back humor... ;)

He already asked me how to find humor here. I walked him through putting you on ignore. He is all set.

:P

He already asked me how to find humor here. I walked him through putting you on ignore. He is all set.

:P

OMG... that was sooooooooooo funny!!! you are such a crack-up! a jester! a real comedian!! a true card!! i am humbled in presence of your humor!!

are you giving lessons? how many vBucks for the class on "witty one liners and the proper use of the ":p" smilie? "

:lol:

OMG... that was sooooooooooo funny!!! you are such a crack-up! a jester! a real comedian!! a true card!! i am humbled in presence of your humor!!

are you giving lessons? how many vBucks for the class on "witty one liners and the proper use of the ":p" smilie? "

:lol:

Welcome MS.

The only problem here at JN is there are some posters (see above) who would rather have a social event rather than talking football.

Welcome MS.

The only problem here at JN is there are some posters (see above) who would rather have a social event rather than talking football.

MS ... please ignore the man behind the curtain!

i do talk football.. OY! i know my stuff...i just dont feel the need to reinerate the same old thing over and over again.

Hi TX,

I have read your stuff over at JI quite a bit. As Pats fans go, while you REALLY know how to get under the Jets fans skin, you always seemed like a good guy who knew his stuff. I did enjoy your comments to the "we miht have a pro bowler in Clemens" thread...talk about premature!!!!!

I have to admit, I was shocked by Sooths reactions. It was a sad commentary on what he and that board have become.

Whats the deal wiht Brady?

A lot of great posters on JA....Msgold,TBrady and many others. You guys should stop by more often!!

We go more for quality over quantity over there. UNlike JI, we dont have 4000 posters, but we have a core of 20-25 posters who really know their stuff. Seems likethis board is the same way.

btw, I happen to like Larry. he and I go at it sometimes and he KNOWS how to push buttons. But at the end of the day he really knows his stuff.

We go more for quality over quantity over there. UNlike JI, we dont have 4000 posters, but we have a core of 20-25 posters who really know their stuff. Seems likethis board is the same way.

btw, I happen to like Larry. he and I go at it sometimes and he KNOWS how to push buttons. But at the end of the day he really knows his stuff.

Larry knows his stuff. He would go on these posting sprees at JI and he would RILE everyone up. In hindsight it was a thing of beauty.

Whats the deal wiht Brady?

MS,

As you will soon learn, getting "truthful" information out of the Pats camp is virtually impossible.

The Pats party line is that they held Brady out of practice (for 3 friggn' days:eek: ) because he threw for the previous 8 days straight.

My take: They are being extremely careful with his hernia rehab. A guy in our office who used to play for Texas Tech had the exact operation that Brady had and he said it took him "well over a year" to get back to 100%.

Good to have you posting here MS.:cheers:

I wonder if Ron Borges ever did a cry baby article if Richard Seymour didnt give hm an interview.

Bu ya know what...I LIKE the fact that the media is in the dark. Its a far cry from when Hermy used to announce our game plan 4 days before the game!

Archived