Hello all

MSGold12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Ron Borges ever did a cry baby article if Richard Seymour didnt give hm an interview.

Bu ya know what...I LIKE the fact that the media is in the dark. Its a far cry from when Hermy used to announce our game plan 4 days before the game!

4 DAYS-I'll never get over the fact that he ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY last year the team's main objective was "to get Curtis his thousand"-I mean why not just fax the playbook over to the opposition Herm what a frickin dummy

Max, I hope it doesn't upset you if I post this but I just can't see how some don't see the hypocricy in all of this.

Before anyone accuses me of something I'm not, yes I am a mod at JI, no I have never met Sooth, no I have not reported anything I have read to him, no I do not plan on telling him about this post.

MSG if you truly feel that you did not want to bring down "wrath" on the guy, and feel that defending his belief that what Cannizaro said was not out of line (not something I necessarily agree with, as I said there I see both sides) why would you be ripping the guy and his place on multiple boards? As a matter of fact everyone who is ripping JI obviously spends time there or they wouldn't be as opinionated as they are.

When did it become a terrible place? There is very little censoring of anything there, especially attacks on the owner. If you don't like the place then it's good you found JN, because Max has done a great job here, but I just don't see why it's necessary to attack the other place. Move on fine, why leave in a huff? You were not asked to leave, you were allowed to speak your mind. This is not the popular opinion here, but Sooth for the most part let's people say or do just about anything within reason, and Max even more so here. It just seems he can't win. He is allowed access to the team, and passes it along to his members, he is wrong. If he does not pass things along to his members he is wrong. I guess success makes you a target, but to me this just doesn't make sense. We are all Jets fans, and this whole thing is minute in the scheme of things.

I apologize Max for this post, I've always said I hated the board wars, and since the very beginning here I have stayed out, except to try and get everyone back together. This is not about that, it's about defending the other place yes, but to me I think this time it needs defending.

I'll understand if you don't want me to post here anymore after this.

What kind of hernia did Brady have? (serious question).

It's called a Sports Hernia:

A sports hernia occurs when there is a weakening of the muscles or tendons of the lower abdominal wall. This part of the abdomen is the same region where an inguinal hernia occurs, called the inguinal canal. When an inguinal hernia occurs there is sufficient weakening of the abdominal wall to allow a pouch, the hernia, to be felt. In the case of a sports hernia, the problem is due to a weakening in the same abdominal wall muscles, but there is no palpable hernia.

Max, I hope it doesn't upset you if I post this but I just can't see how some don't see the hypocricy in all of this.

Before anyone accuses me of something I'm not, yes I am a mod at JI, no I have never met Sooth, no I have not reported anything I have read to him, no I do not plan on telling him about this post.

MSG if you truly feel that you did not want to bring down "wrath" on the guy, and feel that defending his belief that what Cannizaro said was not out of line (not something I necessarily agree with, as I said there I see both sides) why would you be ripping the guy and his place on multiple boards? As a matter of fact everyone who is ripping JI obviously spends time there or they wouldn't be as opinionated as they are.

When did it become a terrible place? There is very little censoring of anything there, especially attacks on the owner. If you don't like the place then it's good you found JN, because Max has done a great job here, but I just don't see why it's necessary to attack the other place. Move on fine, why leave in a huff? You were not asked to leave, you were allowed to speak your mind. This is not the popular opinion here, but Sooth for the most part let's people say or do just about anything within reason, and Max even more so here. It just seems he can't win. He is allowed access to the team, and passes it along to his members, he is wrong. If he does not pass things along to his members he is wrong. I guess success makes you a target, but to me this just doesn't make sense. We are all Jets fans, and this whole thing is minute in the scheme of things.

I apologize Max for this post, I've always said I hated the board wars, and since the very beginning here I have stayed out, except to try and get everyone back together. This is not about that, it's about defending the other place yes, but to me I think this time it needs defending.

Come on jetwin, did you not read Sooth's repeated underhanded attacks at the thread itself, and the creator of the thread? Sooth Continually degraded the thread and thre creator yet he would not flat out answer any of MSG's reasonable questions, which were posed in an adult fashion with no overtones of childishness. MSG has every right to be pissed off.

You ask "when did it become a terrible place?". It startede when Sooth began to start treating life long members of JI like trash. We were there when his site looked like it was created on a commodore 64 (funny how he insults JN today for looking amateur, yet his site was even worse at the same stage). We never changed our behavior or did anything out of line, we LOVED the site. But then it started to grow, and Sooth decided that the prospect should not take the consideration of the regulars who helped get JI started into account. He bagan warning regular members for posting things that they had always done in the past. He blatantly told 2 of his best members to take a hike for no reason whatsoever, which to his chagrin prompted the creation of this place. He then began to ban anyone who spoke of this place, essentially for doing exactly what he and many of the JI originals did at TGG.com when JI was starting out.

Then to further reward his long time members, he creates a VIP forum and creates limited access to stories written by amateurs and that hack Cannizzaro for the wonderful fee of $55. Start a thread in the free section that broaches a subject that is written in an article in the premium section and magically watch it vanish away. Once Sooth got his media pass he immediately changed from a regular fan with opinions to a entrepreneurial magistrate who puts his profit margins ahead of the fans views. The majority of his members hated Cannizzaro BEFORE he was a shill for JI. They still do now quite obviously. the difference is Sooth is now belittling and banning anyone who vocalizes their distaste for the man.

I end with just this one questions jetwin: Do you really in your heart of hearts believe that Sooth would have taken the same stance 3 years ago had this same incident happened? You know for sure Sooth would have been on the same side of the fence over the issues of Cannizzaro's article as 95% of his members. Today he chooses to bastardize his own fandom and choose the high road for the mighty dollar. What that tells me is that he'd be an Oakland Raider fan if the price was right.

As for you, I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying you are more than welcome here at JN, and you'd likely find it to be alot more pleasant to hang around here as many prior JI moderatos have found in the past.

It's called a Sports Hernia:

A sports hernia occurs when there is a weakening of the muscles or tendons of the lower abdominal wall. This part of the abdomen is the same region where an inguinal hernia occurs, called the inguinal canal. When an inguinal hernia occurs there is sufficient weakening of the abdominal wall to allow a pouch, the hernia, to be felt. In the case of a sports hernia, the problem is due to a weakening in the same abdominal wall muscles, but there is no palpable hernia.

Honestly I don't think the rehab from that is all that much. I had a good old fashioned real hernia back in the day. 6 weeks before you were at 100%. More like 2 weeks before you were up and about again.

Talked to my wife's grandfather one time. He had a hernia during WWII. He was hospitalized with sandbags next to him for 28 days. No movement at all.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread with hernia talk though! :cool:

Come on jetwin, did you not read Sooth's repeated underhanded attacks at the thread itself, and the creator of the thread? Sooth Continually degraded the thread and thre creator yet he would not flat out answer any of MSG's reasonable questions, which were posed in an adult fashion with no overtones of childishness. MSG has every right to be pissed off.

You ask "when did it become a terrible place?". It startede when Sooth began to start treating life long members of JI like trash. We were there when his site looked like it was created on a commodore 64 (funny how he insults JN today for looking amateur, yet his site was even worse at the same stage). We never changed our behavior or did anything out of line, we LOVED the site. But then it started to grow, and Sooth decided that the prospect should not take the consideration of the regulars who helped get JI started into account. He bagan warning regular members for posting things that they had always done in the past. He blatantly told 2 of his best members to take a hike for no reason whatsoever, which to his chagrin prompted the creation of this place. He then began to ban anyone who spoke of this place, essentially for doing exactly what he and many of the JI originals did at TGG.com when JI was starting out.

Then to further reward his long time members, he creates a VIP forum and creates limited access to stories written by amateurs and that hack Cannizzaro for the wonderful fee of $55. Start a thread in the free section that broaches a subject that is written in an article in the premium section and magically watch it vanish away. Once Sooth got his media pass he immediately changed from a regular fan with opinions to a entrepreneurial magistrate who puts his profit margins ahead of the fans views. The majority of his members hated Cannizzaro BEFORE he was a shill for JI. They still do now quite obviously. the difference is Sooth is now belittling and banning anyone who vocalizes their distaste for the man.

I end with just this one questions jetwin: Do you really in your heart of hearts believe that Sooth would have taken the same stance 3 years ago had this same incident happened? You know for sure Sooth would have been on the same side of the fence over the issues of Cannizzaro's article as 95% of his members. Today he chooses to bastardize his own fandom and choose the high road for the mighty dollar. What that tells me is that he'd be an Oakland Raider fan if the price was right.

As for you, I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying you are more than welcome here at JN, and you'd likely find it to be alot more pleasant to hang around here as many prior JI moderatos have found in the past.

So says the douchebag who created the JN VIP forum I fell for that day.

I liked you better when you posted here as Gameface! LOL, just busting Jetswin, just busting. Hey you and I are tight...I watched your kid and nephew play football at halftime last year. If that doesn't make us friends, nothing will! :P You didn't type anything that would make me say you shouldn't post here anymore. That line about Garb was uncalled for and I deleted it. She is my friend, leave her out of this. ;)

Seriously...here are my 2 cents. The Jets give Sooth access for free. He has kids cover the team for free. To turn around and charge for that information is wrong. He can say it keeps the site running but that is a lie. If I can turn a profit on this site with our volume he should be turning a huge profit with his volume. The real problem is that for various reasons all of his Paypal donaters left and his plan b backfired. That is not the point. This is the point...

Sooth has the right to charge people. People have the right to be pissed off about it. The Cannizaro thing obviously rubs people the wrong way. I have never spoken ill of the man. Honesly I care very little about the matter at hand. I am not going to censor people when they bring up Sooth criticism though. When it gets personal we do our best to keep it all in line. We have almost lost members because I nag them so much about the Limo jokes. Ironic huh?

Anyhow Sooth is right. End Of Story.

Booz...if Sooth was not so anti Jersey Stadium and vocal about it maybe there could be an argument that he was just a mouthpiece for the organization, but I really think he agreed with Cann on this one. Has the place changed, yes obviously, but everything changes, not always for the better.

I probably never should have posted that post. My point was that because everyone disagreed with him it just seemed to me like open season because of past perceived injustices. Some may have a legitimate gripe, not everyone. That thread had a nastiness to it I was shocked by, and it seems to now be spreading around Jet internet land.

I'm not going to bring up the old fight, that always sucked IMO, but everyone has moved on, and seems to be doing well. Again sorry Max.

We were there when his site looked like it was created on a commodore 64 (funny how he insults JN today for looking amateur, yet his site was even worse at the same stage).

Not for nothing but check out our front page now. We have totally upgraded from a Junior High Web Class to a Technical School Web Class.

<pats self on back>

I liked you better when you posted here as Gameface! LOL, just busting Jetswin, just busting. Hey you and I are tight...I watched your kid and nephew play football at halftime last year. If that doesn't make us friends, nothing will! :P You didn't type anything that would make me say you shouldn't post here anymore. That line about Garb was uncalled for and I deleted it. She is my friend, leave her out of this. ;)

This could be the most disturbing paragraph I have ever read here! Except for my kid at the meadowlands! I finally posted a pic of him at that game last night, but I probably did it wrong because I can't click on the link this morning.

You're a good man Max...I wish you still posted over there (uh oh, now I did it)

Booz...if Sooth was not so anti Jersey Stadium and vocal about it maybe there could be an argument that he was just a mouthpiece for the organization, but I really think he agreed with Cann on this one. Has the place changed, yes obviously, but everything changes, not always for the better.

I probably never should have posted that post. My point was that because everyone disagreed with him it just seemed to me like open season because of past perceived injustices. Some may have a legitimate gripe, not everyone. That thread had a nastiness to it I was shocked by, and it seems to now be spreading around Jet internet land.

I'm not going to bring up the old fight, that always sucked IMO, but everyone has moved on, and seems to be doing well. Again sorry Max.

The stadium issues have nothing to do with it. The media has the right to voice negative opinions on the franchise and the players when they are deserved. Personally I hated the idea of Queens, but that's another story in itself. He is not a shill for the Jets, he is a shill for the media conglomerate, most notably Cannizzaro. Cannizzaro is the only reasonable thing that Sooth can justify the $55 for. Not that Cannizzaro is worth the read, but he is a professional writer and the main draw by a longshot to even attempt to justify charging for a fan site. If he goes against Cannizzaro, then he likely loses his meal ticket both within the media clique as well as the ability to draw $55. If Sooth did not have a media pass and did not have a budsiness relationship with Cannizzaro then I have no doubt his opinion would have been different.

The stadium issues have nothing to do with it. The media has the right to voice negative opinions on the franchise and the players when they are deserved. Personally I hated the idea of Queens, but that's another story in itself. He is not a shill for the Jets, he is a shill for the media conglomerate, most notably Cannizzaro. Cannizzaro is the only reasonable thing that Sooth can justify the $55 for. Not that Cannizzaro is worth the read, but he is a professional writer and the main draw by a longshot to even attempt to justify charging for a fan site. If he goes against Cannizzaro, then he likely loses his meal ticket both within the media clique as well as the ability to draw $55. If Sooth did not have a media pass and did not have a budsiness relationship with Cannizzaro then I have no doubt his opinion would have been different.

ok this will be my last word on this because I don't think it's fair to Max, however it has always been my opinion that he didn't have to do anything at all to charge. I always made a contribution to his site, and any site that I frequented (except here Max do you have a paypal button somewhere?) I will not make judgements on his motivation, I just enjoy being able to discuss my favorite franchise whenever I want, and I am comfortable there.

Now Max let's do a little fund raising here, I'd like to donate.

Hi fellas,

Some of you may know me from other boards. Jetman57 over at Jets Addicts told me my little anti0 Cannizzaro crusade spread over here. I read the thread about Jets Insider too.

We at Jets Addicts have hated cannizzaro for a long time so when this latest rant of his hit the papers, it was not a big shock that he was attacked. But I wanted to see what the folks at JI thought because for whatever reason, Cannizzaro is a sacred cow over there. The response I got was shocking. Not simlpy that 95% of the people who responded supported my position but moreso that Sooth was SO combative and unwaering in his defense of cannizzaro!!!

My intention was never to bring the wrath down on Sooth, it really wasnt. It was to expose Fat cannizzaro as the unprofessinal, anti jet hack that he is! What was brought down on Sooth was brought on by Sooth. Its a shame because I used to ove that site but I truly feel that Sooth is no longer a fan...hes now a pseudo media member. And hes in bed with the biggest jackass media member of them all.

But in the end, it wasnt Sooth position that made me realize I'll never post there again. It wasnt banning someone for calling Cannizzaro fat. It wasnt even his dictatorial lock out of the thread. In truth, it was when he said that he and canizzaro were sitting in the press box at Hofstra readiung the thread and that Cannizzaro was "laughing and gettnig a kick out of it". To me that said that not only does Canizzaro have little or no respect for the fan abse that reads his crap but that Sooth had no problem with that.

Its a sad day at JI. It was never my intention for the topic to come to that when I brought it up but the fall out has been quite telling.

Anyway, just wanted to come over and say hello and now that I won't e posting at JI anymore, (if you;ll have me...some may know my combative reputation..:eek: )this seems like a good place to come when Jets Addicts is slow.

...Welcome MS....I read that thread there last night...all like 13 pages at that time...:Typotux: . And it was crazy and I do agree with you. What killed me the most was that Sean really didnt see anything wrong with what Can did. It was like he really has turned a blind eye to the fan with that one. And I have on good word some info....He definately was reading the emails...Can that is....and laughing at them in the press room at Training Camp. Got that this morning from a reliable source...and not only that, the source said he was aware players wouldnt be available that day and was told so by PR and didnt bother to come that day...Interesting right?....enjoy the site. we have fun here and we try and play by the rules which aren't really rules...lol. Welcome!!

ok this will be my last word on this because I don't think it's fair to Max, however it has always been my opinion that he didn't have to do anything at all to charge. I always made a contribution to his site, and any site that I frequented (except here Max do you have a paypal button somewhere?) I will not make judgements on his motivation, I just enjoy being able to discuss my favorite franchise whenever I want, and I am comfortable there.

Now Max let's do a little fund raising here, I'd like to donate.

Do you have some coupons for IHOP? I am sure Sooth hands them out by the fistfull.

Jetswin,

Let me be clear about my intentions and my reaction.

When I went to JI, it was NOT with the intention of drawing Sooth into a battle to defend Cannizzaro. I did it because from time to time I will post on JI whne there is a specific topic I want to get a reaction to. For day to day jet stuff I saty at JA but I like to venture evry now and then and JI was the place I ventured.

What happened to Sooth in that thread was not my intention. However, IMO Sooth brought it upon himself. His ultra rigid defense of Cannizzaro was ridicuous. His dismissal of the topic as a whole was frnakly offensive and his "yuking it up" with cannizzaro to me was indefensable. He was essentially saying F U to all the poeple who come to his site. He banned a guy for making a "personal attack" when he hmself did the exact same thing in the same thread. he locked out the thread when HE got tired of responding. So my issue is what happend AFTER I posted the topic.

Perosnally, yes, I found it strange that he would never respond to my posts. I bever made a personal; attack on either he or Canizzaro and yet he just dismissed me as being irrelevant. OK, that his perogative but at that point I decided that I had had enough of that site.

Sooth is basically a member of the media now. he is not the same fan I knew 4 years ago. he is in bed with a writer who I feel is an incompetnt hack and he essentially chose that wrioters side over the side of many posters who keep his site going. If it was 50/50 supporting Cannizzaro that would be one thing. But when 95% of the reposnses are ripping the guy and you blindly defend him and call those wiht the alternate pint of view "silly"...well, then IMO you get whats coming to you.

Sooth probably could care less that I have bolted from JI...but he may have bigger concerns because a LOT of people there seem to now have seen a side of him they hoped wasnt there. The image of Sooth and Canizzaro sitting in the pressroom together laughing at the legit issues of jets fan???? Not acceptable.

MSG...I don't know this first hand, however do you think it's possible they were laughing over the degree of the outrage of the responses? By that I mean I'm sure there were plenty of nasty emails in that guy's mailbox just judging the reactions on the boards that morning.

oktaren getting banned, well he went overboard pushing the envelope IMHO, I reread his posts this morning. The first thread you started the other day, I posted in it that calling Can names would not fly with Sooth, he got pissed about it last year, I tried to give everyone a head's up on that.

locking the thread, well basically he got punched about 300 times in it, I guess it had run it's course.

MSG...I don't know this first hand, however do you think it's possible they were laughing over the degree of the outrage of the responses? By that I mean I'm sure there were plenty of nasty emails in that guy's mailbox just judging the reactions on the boards that morning.

oktaren getting banned, well he went overboard pushing the envelope IMHO, I reread his posts this morning. The first thread you started the other day, I posted in it that calling Can names would not fly with Sooth, he got pissed about it last year, I tried to give everyone a head's up on that.

locking the thread, well basically he got punched about 300 times in it, I guess it had run it's course.

The exact quote was "I am sitting here with Mark in the jets press room and I can tell you he is getting a big kick out of this thread". Im not exactly sure how else to interpret that? Sooth is sitting there with the target of the wrath of many jet fans...and hes essentially saying FU.

As to banning oktaren, all the guy did was call canizzaro fat. In the same thread, Soot called everyone who was ripping cannizzaro silly and childish...I see no distinction. Point is, the guy was pissed because Sooth was dismissing everyone and he called canizzaro fat...is that REALLY worth a banning?

As t locking it out, Sooth may have been punched 300 times but he is also the same guy wh said "if you dont like Cannizzaro, dont read him". Well, no one was FORCING him to respond...he could have easily said "Im done wiht this" and moved on. IOnstead he locked out the thread so the conversation would be ended. Again, I take issue wiht that.

I';ve been at JA for over 6 years. In that time, through hundreds of very serious battles that inlcuded vicious name calling, I have seen exaclty ONE perso banned..one. And that guy was there for no other reason but to flame. In that same time I have NEVER seen a thread at JA "locked out" by a mod.

Im sorry Jetswin but you combine all that with the fact that Sooth essentially ignored EVERY point I tried to make and also the one time he did respond it was to tell me how much fun he and canizzaro were having at the expense of myself and many other posters then you can perhaps understand why I have this bad taste in my mouth right now about JI.

BTW, the ONLY reason I came here was because I was told at JA that I had been mentioned here re that thread and I wanted to set the record staright that my intention was NOT to bait Sooth into a battle. Sooth did that all by hmself in his defense of Cannizzaro...who by the way IS fat!!!

well, you made your choice...

I'm not going to try and change your mind, just realize that every board is more than it's owner, it is the dozens of posters that keep it's personality. Don't let your anger towards one person entice you to make little of many many others by association.

well, you made your choice...

I'm not going to try and change your mind, just realize that every board is more than it's owner, it is the dozens of posters that keep it's personality. Don't let your anger towards one person entice you to make little of many many others by association.

Or, in the case of the Green House board, it's two posters that keep it going...:rolleyes:

Hey JW. Look you know I've known you for years from other boards

and we've met briefly at the stadium. I've always known you to be a

stand up guy.

I believe you have good intentions in the Cano matter in an effort to

quell this firestorm. However after reading reams of pages on both sites

I think you will agree with me that the guys are steadfast in their opinion

concerning Cano and nothing is going to change that.

Every time you respond to a post it raises the hair on another guy and

you end up in another go round.

Its time to take a time out and let this issue start playing itself out.

Jetfanfl is going to be sitting in your section. I will ask him to buy

you a beer on me. I hope there will be no hard feelings over this.

Archived