article: pennington as starter....

gg

Warfish, I don't think the competition is over, but it is just looking clearer and clearer that Chad has the best skills.

My guess is Mangini is going to go nuts about this article and going to kick someones ass for the leak.

I guess Herm wasn't the only one who couldn't plug the leaks eh?

BZ

herm didn't have to plug the leaks. HERM WAS THE LEAK.

I too think mangini will raise hell over info leaked.

#10 home team has been ready all year (and last year).

Now, the question is what is my backup. I am thinking Vilma.

BZ

It's gotta be Vilma, however, being a former offensive lineman I am thinking of going with the rookie Brick as my back up. But, for the fins game, I always pull out the Wesley Walker throwback jersey!

Did anyone watch the ESPN segment on Pennington last night? They showed film of Chad in camp, and his throwing motion is COMPLETELY changed. Not for the better IMO. He heaves the ball like a shot putt. With that kind of delivery he will have major problems with accuracy and consistency, especially with a pass rush in his face. Not to mention that throwing like that over the course of a season is likely to do damage to his shoulder again.

Did anyone watch the ESPN segment on Pennington last night? They showed film of Chad in camp, and his throwing motion is COMPLETELY changed. Not for the better IMO. He heaves the ball like a shot putt. With that kind of delivery he will have major problems with accuracy and consistency, especially with a pass rush in his face. Not to mention that throwing like that over the course of a season is likely to do damage to his shoulder again.

yeah I saw it booz. I wasn't impressed at all. makes the leaked story less believable to me. time will tell but while i'm rootin for chad, watching lobs with that delivery is gonna be painful

I saw it too, and I too was unimpressed. Looked like VERY bad mechanics to me.....but what do I know.

Like last year with Chad everyone watched everyone of his throws. He never put a lot of zip on the ball last year (even by his standards). I can't imagine he would be really airing it out at this point in time.

Chad does look like he is playing a bit heavier (more bulk) and this is a good thing. Much like Phil Simms early in his career he needed to get stronger.

Like last year with Chad everyone watched everyone of his throws. He never put a lot of zip on the ball last year (even by his standards). I can't imagine he would be really airing it out at this point in time.

Chad does look like he is playing a bit heavier (more bulk) and this is a good thing. Much like Phil Simms early in his career he needed to get stronger.

He obviously wasn't close to 100% last year though... I would hope that Mangini would have to be assured that Chad is 100% before he goes out there vs the Titans...

He obviously wasn't close to 100% last year though... I would hope that Mangini would have to be assured that Chad is 100% before he goes out there vs the Titans...

I know the 2nd surgery gave him more time. But it just seems like he is much further along. Let's hope they know what they are doing!

This is no surprise to me if it's true. The organization has $64 million invested in Chad and they want to give him one last chance and also when healthy he is our best option over an inconcisent Ramsey (whom yes I still do like, don't even start) and a rookie in Clemens who should sit the sidelines for a year or two.

Bingo. Well said.

Nice preface on your Ramsey stance as well.

If Mangini does not "milk" this QB competition 'till at least the after the first exhibition game - he no longer belongs to the Belichick tree. He fell off.

i don't mind the competion being milked, but pear it down to 2 guys for crissakes

at this point in camp i don't think chad's bionic arm can handle all of the reps with the first team. i don't see how this "leak" can be anything other than a motivational tool for ramsey to get his head out of his ass and to test the reaction of the lockerroom.

my guess is that all qb's will get a chance to start a preseason game. let's see what happens when chad has to throw into tight coverage before annointing him the chosen one. there is a big difference between scripted training camp and the NE defense.

Archived