HOW SAD IS THIS OFFENSE????

VINBLEEDSGREEN

No matter how optimistic we all are trying to be this year and no matter how much we respect CP's comeback attempts and valiant efforts, this offense has never looked so horrible. Its so boring that I can barely stand to watch it at all anymore. We need to do something to spark this offense. How long can we go on with having 10 first downs or less in a game? i can understand if the Jets were "rebuilding" this season but then dont trade a pick on a back (Barlow) whos gonna turn the ball over on his first few touches. Blaylock looked better than him all together. Im ranting and depressed right now. How does everyone else feel

In spite of having Pennington and Martin, a good offensive line and decent recievers, we never had a good offense under Herm. It looks like this regime will be the same story. More defensive-minded, conservative mindset. It doesn't help that our best QB is a bad hit away from retirement.

It seems as if Chad is handcuffed

He seems to be throwing the ball well....our OLine needs some seasoning

Gotta agree with Jone in that our OL was overmatched tonight after looking so good last week.

There will be growing pains. If we were Giants fans we'd be rightfully concerned that we didn't blow the Jets out tonight.

Gotta agree with Jone in that our OL was overmatched tonight after looking so good last week.

There will be growing pains. If we were Giants fans we'd be rightfully concerned that we didn't blow the Jets out tonight.

Was it that bad? Is the replay on NFL Network this weekend?

aside from turnovers fumble by Kevan and penalties by DBrick and Miller at key moments the game was close with 1st team in 1st half- seems there were no adjustments made later in game when Gints began making a lot of runs

but this game makes me worried because lack of pressure up front by D and offense seems like little league at times

It's going to take some time.

We have rookies starting at the two most important positions on the O-Line, and while I'm confidant (well at least hopeful) that they'll be the anchors of the future, they are what they are, rookies. We have to have some patience here.

Martin is most likely done, and even though he has been slowing down the past few years, it's not like there is another Curtis just waiting around ready to be plugged in. Stupid that we didn't hold on to Lamont though, but that's not Mangini's mistake.

We have Coles and a bunch of ??? at WR.

We have no TE that has claimed a deserved spot on the roster.

And Chad, as much as I'm impressed and inspired that he has overcome two shoulder operations still is what he is. And he's the best on our roster right now. :eek: Clemons is not ready yet.

Boxscore-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260825020

1st 10 possessions-3 and out 8 times. This offense is going to be from hunger. I don't care about how Pennginton's won the job in practice; he's nothing special, he's been underwhelming, and his limitations make it easy to defend the the Jets. Now given this is a rebuilding year and Clemens may not be ready, so be it as far as Pennington having the job for now. But let's not pretend that the fairy tale has a chance of happening.

It's going to take some time.

We have rookies starting at the two most important positions on the O-Line, and while I'm confidant (well at least hopeful) that they'll be the anchors of the future, they are what they are, rookies. We have to have some patience here.

Martin is most likely done, and even though he has been slowing down the past few years, it's not like there is another Curtis just waiting around ready to be plugged in. Stupid that we didn't hold on to Lamont though, but that's not Mangini's mistake.

We have Coles and a bunch of ??? at WR.

We have no TE that has claimed a deserved spot on the roster.

And Chad, as much as I'm impressed and inspired that he has overcome two shoulder operations still is what he is. And he's the best on our roster right now. :eek: Clemons is not ready yet.

Well said, Lady.

One point, though. I think we have talent at WR, but the OL and backs need to do a MUCH better job protecting the QB to allow the WRs to run their patterns. Dwight didnt play, Mcc looked okay, as did Coles. Cotch will come on. Like you said, give it some time (and give the QB some time to throw!)

Realistically we knew this was not going to be a strength on this team- we do not have the firepower to score in bunches or a lot of points.

How we are going to have to try to win is play sound defense- take advantage of special teams play and limit turnovers.

Realistically we knew this was not going to be a strength on this team- we do not have the firepower to score in bunches or a lot of points.

How we are going to have to try to win is play sound defense- take advantage of special teams play and limit turnovers.

faba, what happens when opposing teams score 14 or more points a game against the Jets?

The Jets will lose that ballgame.

Without a doubt, the Jets have the most enemic offense in the entire NFL.

faba, what happens when opposing teams score 14 or more points a game against the Jets?

Our inability to stop the run so far is what I am most concerned with in seeing this team's first three games- teams will run all day on us with no need to air it out.

In spite of having Pennington and Martin, a good offensive line and decent recievers, we never had a good offense under Herm. It looks like this regime will be the same story. More defensive-minded, conservative mindset. It doesn't help that our best QB is a bad hit away from retirement.

he's not the best qb! clemens, bolly, brad smith, and yes, even ramsey are more nfl quality arms than him. he should be a qb coach, not a player.

Boxscore-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260825020

1st 10 possessions-3 and out 8 times. This offense is going to be from hunger. I don't care about how Pennginton's won the job in practice; he's nothing special, he's been underwhelming, and his limitations make it easy to defend the the Jets. Now given this is a rebuilding year and Clemens may not be ready, so be it as far as Pennington having the job for now. But let's not pretend that the fairy tale has a chance of happening.

the one thing you're off on is that the egg should not be starting. he should not even be on the roster.

they actually improve greatly if you put clemmins or bolly in there.

the current rating reflects the rotten egg smell that permeates the offense at starter, and the fact that the other qbs have to dumb down their game to run the egg-centric taylored offense.

hackett was maligned-he had to make lemonade out of a lemon at qb.

the one thing you're off on is that the egg should not be starting. he should not even be on the roster.

Did you see Clemens play? He sucked and that was with the first team O against the Giants second team D. Ramsey? Please he has looked completely lost despite being given every opportunity to win the starting job. Bollinger? The team was worse with Bollinger last year than with Pennington throwing lefty. This is just typical hater BS. Pennington is not the best qb and he seems limited right now, but he is the best we've got and that is painfully obvious.

Is Clemens a 30-year old, 6 year veteran?

Of course rookie QB's are going to make mistakes.

No kidding. I'm not the one saying he should start. I'm not saying to cut him. He's probably a year away from being able to legitimately compete for a starting job. Besides, he didn't really make mistakes, he just didn't do anything and didn't make his throws.

Did you see Clemens play? He sucked and that was with the first team O against the Giants second team D. Ramsey? Please he has looked completely lost despite being given every opportunity to win the starting job.

That post disappoints me 27.

First of all, he was mostly in there with the second unit. I'm watching it now. He had Blanton, Neinhuis and Morley on the OL, Leon as the rb, Smith and Newhouse as WRs, Dreesen as te. No way did they do a good job blocking for him.

Last night was more about still being weak in the OL trenches and blitz pickups than anything else.

That post disappoints me 27.

First of all, he was mostly in there with the second unit. I'm watching it now. He had Blanton, Neinhuis and Morley on the OL, Leon as the rb, Smith and Newhouse as WRs, Dreesen as te. No way did they do a good job blocking for him.

Last night was more about still being weak in the OL trenches and blitz pickups than anything else.

True it was mostly 2nd team, but I think the Jets left their starting O line in when he came in and much longer than the Giants left their starting D line. D'brick was in there until the end. They didn't do a good job blocking for him, but they didn't block so well for Penny either. I don't mean to blast the kid. I think he'll be fine, but to suggest he's our best option at qb TODAY based upon what we've seen is ridiculous. He looks like a nice talent that needs some seasoning. I sure agree about the trenches being the key and double on the blitz pickups.

As for Dreesen being at TE (he did have one drop) is that really a downgrade over Jolley?

You really can not put Clemens in as our starter beginning the year- with two rookie starters on the o/line especially. If things are not going well the mid season is when he should get the call to see what he can do.

I can't comment on the playcalling or specific plays, since SNY blacks out the replays here in upstate NY. Nor will I criticize the coaching staff, they're going to need time to get it together.

But the offense is missing a critical component to be effective. We have nobody on the outside that scares anyone. This allows trhe defense to roll 8 or 9 guys into the box, and no team on earth could consistently run against that deployment. It also takes away a lot of the short passes.

I like Coles, but he's not fast enough to scare anybody. Dwight is older, Cotchery is not a burner, and McCareins, is well, McCareins.

Until we get that kind of WR, it's going to be a tough road for this offense.

Archived