Opening Day at Fenway...

Garb

....and the long anticipated ring ceremony and the unveiling of the WS Championship Banner.

However, MY most anticipated moment will be seeing Tedy Bruschi throw the first pitch. I can almost guarantee that he will get the loudest ovation of the day.

With that illustrious pitching rotation you guys have, you'd better can that standing O for Bruschi and save it for later use, it might be all you can get.

=D>

That is good. Gotta give you props for that one.

How incredibly funny was that ovation Marinao Rivera got???!!! Too funny! And, God love him, he was laughing his a@@ off. Rivera - my favorite Yankee - forgive me, Lord.

BTW - Tedy Bruschi is looking good.

Rivera getting the standing ovation is one the best moments in recent sports highlights. Classic. Mo loved it, the fans loved it and it was probably the best thing to happen to him as it lifts some stress from his shoulders. Great move by both the fans and by Mo.

Hats off to the Padres and the Dodgers for allowing Roberts and Lowe to come and to wear their Sox uniforms. Classy move. Pedro who?

Classy move by the yanks showing appreciation to the Red Sox accompishment of last year.

If you haven't seen the highlights of the pregame stuff, please watch it. It is a credit to the game and to the nation. On a bright sunny day, the red white and blue was crisp, you had soliders handing out the rings, jets doing a fly over (something I ALWAYS love), you had rivals applauding each other. It was brothers in arms. Damn I love this game.

Outstanding.

=D>=D>

SJ...good post. The thing about the Yankees - Red Sox is they may have a lot of dislike for each other but they do show respect (ARod and Pedro aside).

Absolutely. Today that could not be more evident. I will smile and laugh everytime I see the clip of Rivera laugh and tip his hat to the Boston crowd. The yankees showed tremendous respect to the Red Sox today. That does not go un-noticed with the real fans.

But when you see the ceremony and the banner on the Monster in bright colours, the anthem, the jets, the soldiers, the respect, it truly was a great sports moment. Classy ceremony laid on by the hosts and the guests were very gracious (and it must have been hard to do). Standout out moment in US sports, IMO.

That moment with the vet's handing out the rings was gut-wrenching. Brought tears to my eyes. Incredible. Especially that soldier in the wheel-chair with the amputed leg smiling through the whole process. God Bless him.

I must admit - although long - the ceremony was tastefull done.

And, I agree, the Yankees showed incredible class and decorum. Kudos to that entire organization.

And - holy moly, Richard Seymour looks like a midget next to Bill Russell. Wow.

Bill Russell, absolutely!

Bobby O...no brainer!

Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi??? You've gotta be kidding! Who let those 2 nobodies onto the field with 2 of the 5 greatest Boston sports legends?

I wish all the best to Bruschi in his recovery from WTF he was hospitalized for...but c'mon dude, security shouldnt have allowed Tedy B and Dick Seymour to get that close to legitimate famous people. Otherwise, good ceremony

Bill Russell, absolutely!

Bobby O...no brainer!

Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi??? You've gotta be kidding! Who let those 2 nobodies onto the field with 2 of the 5 greatest Boston sports legends?

I wish all the best to Bruschi in his recovery from WTF he was hospitalized for...but c'mon dude, security shouldnt have allowed Tedy B and d!ck Seymour to get that close to legitimate famous people. Otherwise, good ceremony

Yo, JetSoxfan - Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi respresent the CLASS organization in Boston - I call them the ANTI-IDIOTS. The Sox could, and are trying, to learn a lot from them. Stick that in your Red Sox hat.

Yeesh - making me defend my favorite team over another team I support - wow.

Maxman will be right on once in a great while...even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

But there is something about JonEJinx...he just cant call it EVER! Its unfathomable...as soon as he opens his GAPING piehole, chaos reigns upon his team with great fury!

My predictions: The other resident Yankee fans will become so enraged by JonE's terrible forecasts that they frag his ass before our very eyes

Archived