Bye Bye Nuge

4HCrew

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give him a chance, it's only his second year. See how he responds later in the season, don't just judge him from this year and from his rookie season, that's just unfair. Sometimes it gets players a while to get used to everything in the pro level, just let the situation play itself out. He could still be great. He just had a bad day, I think he can respond to it well and play better next week.

only second year? HE IS A KICKER!! either you can make them or you cant period.. these are not game breakers 19 yards! enough is enough

All this and no excuses that the wind got hold of them. He got bailed out by our offense at the end...Mangini should have this guy kicking at 5 AM tomorrow morning. No excuses for this 2nd round pick...we saw it last year and we're seeing it again.

All this and no excuses that the wind got hold of them. He got bailed out by our offense at the end...Mangini should have this guy kicking at 5 AM tomorrow morning. No excuses for this 2nd round pick...we saw it last year and we're seeing it again.

He should do LAPS.

LOTS OF LAPS

ok so how many missed kicks do you give him? keep in mind these were not long shots by no means..he almost changed the game plan today by missing short kicks. And he was not drafted by Tangini so who cares what slot he was taken in. talent is talent and winning is winning..he almost ruined a great effort by the Jets

I totally agree with you. I don't think it matters who drafted him it's that the Jets spent a second rounder on this cat and he isn't going to get cut this season. If he lost us multiple games then yeah, he would get cut after the 3rd or 4th time. The whole raider trade was a joke and taking nugent in the second was one also. But what's done is done. Lets try and find another aussie. aussie, aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi!!!

Bottom line is the dude is a ****ing kicker. A KICKER. We wasted a second round pick on him, he sucks, it's time to move on. There are plenty of street free agents that could have made those kicks Nugent missed today. Dare, I say DOUG BRIEN would have made those ****ing kicks.

No excuse for it. See ya later. We already bit the bullet with Jolley. There is no point in keeping Nugent around when he obviously hurts the team.

If he does this next week or the week after that then we can think about cutting him. He missed 2 easy FGs and an XP, that has happened to every single f##king kicker in the NFL. Maybe not all 3 in 1 game, but I know that Vinatieri has missed some XPs. And 2 FGs in 1 game, probably Vanderjagt too.

There are no better kickers available. Nugent will bounce back, you have to give him that opportunity! If he doesnt bounce back, then you consider cutting him, maybe.

He'll bounce back and be more than good for us, and I will gladly bump this thread back up from the past and laugh at every one of you who said we should "CUT HIM NOW!!!!"

If he does this next week or the week after that then we can think about cutting him. He missed 2 easy FGs and an XP, that has happened to every single f##king kicker in the NFL. Maybe not all 3 in 1 game, but I know that Vinatieri has missed some XPs. And 2 FGs in 1 game, probably Vanderjagt too.

There are no better kickers available. Nugent will bounce back, you have to give him that opportunity! If he doesnt bounce back, then you consider cutting him, maybe.

He'll bounce back and be more than good for us, and I will gladly bump this thread back up from the past and laugh at every one of you who said we should "CUT HIM NOW!!!!"

Come on Barton, we're talking right now. There's no time left on the clock and the Jets are lined up for a winning 40 yd FG. You're telling me that you're comfortable with Nuggie putting it through? Come on, the kool aid stand left for KC.

Come on Barton, we're talking right now. There's no time left on the clock and the Jets are lined up for a winning 40 yd FG. You're telling me that you're comfortable with Nuggie putting it through? Come on, the kool aid stand left for KC.

Right now am I? No, he's shaken right now.

Nugent has an incredible track record of big kicks at ohio state, and he was not "terrible" at all last season. Check the #s, just as good as Vinatieri.

He will make his next FG, and shut everybody up while having a great season post week 1 debacle.

It is complete BS to sit here and not give him a second chance. He's been a kicker for 1 season, and we didnt even lose the game. He deserves a second chance to redeem himself, thats all I am saying. He deserves a second chance, and he'll get it and he'll be perfectly fine. I have no doubts about it at all.

It would really have been something if Mangini opted for the two-point try after the Jets scored the go-ahead touchdown. It wouldn't have shocked me to see that happen. It also wouldn't surprise me if another kicker is brought in for a tryout this week. Hell, we might even see Ben Graham booming 55 yd field goals in practice this week.

Archived