Chad Pennington: AFC Player of the Week

JonEJet

I said all along that watching Chad Pennington is all Jet fans have to root for this year. Not one anti-Chad post from me all off season. If he stays healthy he'll save Tangini's behind all year, but there is little talent to expect the Jets to exceed Herman Edwards first year 10-6 record and a playoff berth. That's the standard Tangini has to be measured by.

Oh:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=14615

Nice job Tangini, giving away John Abraham and Kevin Mawae for Nick Mangold who led the Jets in their magnificent running attack, allowing Jet runners a marvelous 2.7 yards per carry.

Mangold has to be better than HOF Steeler Mike Webster for justifying the giveaway.

I said all along that watching Chad Pennington is all Jet fans have to root for this year. Not one anti-Chad post from me all off season. If he stays healthy he'll save Tangini's behind all year, but there is little talent to expect the Jets to exceed Herman Edwards first year 10-6 record and a playoff berth. That's the standard Tangini has to be measured by.

Oh:

Nice job Tangini, giving away John Abraham and Kevin Mawae for Nick Mangold who led the Jets in their magnificent running attack, allowing Jet runners a marvelous 2.7 yards per carry.

Mangold has to be better than HOF Steeler Mike Webster for justifying the giveaway.

Any season should always be a "one game at a time" attitude. If it isn't you come off sounding like the BBQ king in KC!

Unless of course you're named rajensen088 - then it's just another case of an Edwards fan peeved over his move to KC!

So rajensen088 what day are your coming out of the KC closet because you are truly not a fan of this team!

Especially since all you can do is cry about the loss of a 34 year old center who had nothing but injuries the last 2 years & constantly whined more that Coach Edwards. Also, the only reason John Abraham is doing well so far because it's a new contract year for him in Atlanta. Just wait until next year there...

But you're so much the word on the street - I should just bend over & take it - SCHMUCK!

:Just Joined:

Are you serious? First of all, Abraham is already injured, after game 1! Can you imagine how we'd be feeling right now if he tweaked his knee in the first week of the season as a Jet? Where's he going to be in 15 weeks? Who knows. You just can't trust him. Get him and his garbage attitude outta here.

And Manigold was playing his first game as an NFL rookie, with another rookie next to him, playing against a team that dedicated all their efforts to stopping the run because they had no respect for the pass. Unfortunately for them, it cost them the game.

Our offensive line is going to be looking good in 6 - 7 weeks. Mawai was great but he's too old for this team. Out with the old and injured, in with the young and healthy.

We're actually building a team here.

I'm psyched that Pennyboy put on such a good show this week in Tenn. Can he follow it up with another (albeit, probably not AS good) showing against the Pats? If he can beat NE, then I will officially join the "Keep Clemens on the Bench, because Pennington is BACK" Bandwagon.

ps -- it might help Chad to have a running game this weekend...

Oh:

Hey there, sexy. Missed you the last week or so.

Kisses from Spermie. :PDT_Love_04:

Pennington Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Published: 09-12-06

allen_eric_sm.jpg?1157097107

By Eric Allen

Eric Allen is the editor of newyorkjets.com.

change font email article

New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini announced Wednesday that quarterback Chad Pennington was named the AFC's Offensive Player of the Week. Pennington was brilliant Sunday, completing 24 of 33 passes for 319 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets

Oh:

Abraham is hurt all ready and mangold is a rookie, it rare to see a rookie come in and do great, especially if it is a Offensive Lineman. Give him sometime.

if i were u i wouldn't be singing so soon this is a 16 game season and it's just week one against a sorry team... i'll see when he puts up numbers even close to that infront of a good team. then i'll sing that song.

don't get me wrong i love chad. he is a great talent when he's healthy. the key bieng "healthy".

Archived