Max appreciation thread

Blackout

I can't wait until this happens. You guys will hear the biggest I TOLD YOU SO ever. Especially when Zito does well for you.

Then maybe you will start listening to me.

A corner outfielder who might be very good. Or a # 2 starter (worst case scenario).

It is a no-brainer to me. Have fun passing on him guys.

THEY LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I SAID THIS TEAM NEEDED BARRY ZITO. THEY LAUGHED.

I WAS RIGHT. ADMIT IT...I WAS RIGHT.

barry zito today: 8 innings, 1 run, win

Blackout --

Thanks for the props. I did call that one. You go for it when you have a shot to win it all. Zito wouldn't have been a one year wonder either, that is what baffles me. Sign him long term.

Anyhow about the Herman Edwards stuff. I know baseball. I just happen to run a football site. Max's baseball stuff = good. Football = not so much.

\:D/

Go Yankees though. Heading out to the game soon. Once I finish proofing this damn Yankees Report Card!!!!

After the first half of the season, when the Yanks were struggling and Mets fans were beating their chests and pissing all over the Yanks, it's kinda hard to blame the kid for wanting payback.

Myself, I'm happy the Yanks righted the ship and I'd love to meet the Mets in the series.

Too bad they won't be there. They should have listened to Max.

After the first half of the season, when the Yanks were struggling and Mets fans were beating their chests and pissing all over the Yanks, it's kinda hard to blame the kid for wanting payback.

Myself, I'm happy the Yanks righted the ship and I'd love to meet the Mets in the series.

payback?

thats idiotic,,

this kid has been posting this way from day one,, he comes off pretty silly

and I predicted Mets great season in April (before fashionable),, not beating chest when they actually played well..

in year one of rebuilding they werent gonna trade valuable players for zito,, get him for free later or some other free agent,,

just like yanks, omar will have them in the race for years, ,so dont trade the farm for one year

in year one of rebuilding they werent gonna trade valuable players for zito,, get him for free later or some other free agent,,

just like yanks, omar will have them in the race for years, ,so dont trade the farm for one year

do you really want me to dig up some of your garbage posts from earlier this season?

besides, max was right, Zito had a great second half of the season while Lastings spent his time playing triple-A ball or sitting on the Mets bench.

jeez.

do you really want me to dig up some of your garbage posts from earlier this season?

besides, max was right, Zito had a great second half of the season while Lastings spent his time playing triple-A ball or sitting on the Mets bench.

jeez.

jeez,, are u r real,,

milledge will still be here for years and we will get a free agent for free in the offseason,,

is that hard to understand,,

mets and omar are not one year woncders, he is buildoing a solid foundation that will compete for years and isnt gonna cream his pants for a one season ride at expense of future,,

difference is u r a troll who scouts any minute piece of material and posts a anti met thread, ,DAILY,,

no one else gets even close to that,,

not even close, ,u actually have the posting mentality of a 12 year old

difference is u r a troll who scouts any minute piece of material and posts a anti met thread, ,DAILY,,

no one else gets even close to that,,

not even close, ,u actually have the posting mentality of a 12 year old

troll? i make 10x more yankee-related threads and don't disapear for weeks at a time when my team blows a huge AL East lead from April/may/june

troll? i make 10x more yankee-related threads and don't disapear for weeks at a time when my team blows a huge AL East lead from April/may/june

u r the definition of a troll

u make DAILY antiMet threads over simple news items,, u r a troll guy,, learn to love your true self

troll4alert.gif

jeez,, are u r real,,

milledge will still be here for years and we will get a free agent for free in the offseason,,

mets and omar are not one year woncders, he is buildoing a solid foundation that will compete for years and isnt gonna cream his pants for a one season ride at expense of future,,

Yanks have been trading prospects for deadline talent for years. I guess they are one year wonders.

jeez,, are u r real,,

The Mets had a shot at the WS this year. They still do. But they won't win it. With Zito they could have won it all. Isn't that the goal?

Besides they could have signed Zito to a long term deal, that was the point of this. I never said rent Zito for 2 months. Just said he would he a STUD in the weaker NL.

Glavine and Pedro will give the Mets what next season? Where are they going to make up all those wins? The tick tick tick thing works both ways. These windows of opportunity do not stay open indefinitely.

The Mets had a shot at the WS this year. They still do. But they won't win it. With Zito they could have won it all. Isn't that the goal?

Besides they could have signed Zito to a long term deal, that was the point of this. I never said rent Zito for 2 months. Just said he would he a STUD in the weaker NL.

Glavine and Pedro will give the Mets what next season? Where are they going to make up all those wins? The tick tick tick thing works both ways. These windows of opportunity do not stay open indefinitely.

besides, Lastings is a left fielder, and even if he winds up being the next Ted Williams, how many championships did Teddy Ballgame win?

if the goal is to be consistent, get there 1st,, dont sell out before u get there for 1 year chance,,silly,,

if u have long term goals get there 1st,,

i would rather have a pennant contender for multiple years , than have a great chance every decade

jeez,, are u r real,,

What???

Spend money. Drive up the payroll. Create a larger chasim between the "haves' and the "have-nots"!!

Unfair. Unfair.

The Mets are out to ruin Baseball.:Typotux:

if the goal is to be consistent, get there 1st,, dont sell out before u get there for 1 year chance,,silly,,

if u have long term goals get there 1st,,

i would rather have a pennant contender for multiple years , than have a great chance every decade

Here is the problem with your post.

Billy Beane has the A's in competition every year. He keeps on using his Farm System to replace his FA losses.

But he never wins. He never even wins a playoff round (maybe this year though).

His teams are competative, but lack the 1 or 2 major horses to get over the "hump" and win it all.

This year, the Mets were 1 big time pitcher away from getting over the hump. They had a team built for a WS championship. Maybe Omar did not think so in March, but he knew it by June, when he saw how weak the entire NL is, and how strong his team was. He needed to get that Big Time Pitcher to seal the deal in 2006. He needed to bring in a Zito, or even a Schmidt or Willis (who probably were never really available).

Now, with Pedro done for 2006, and who knows what the future holds. Glavine is no kid anymore, what can you realistically expect from him next year? He is sort of in the same senario the Yankees are with Randy. Zito was the guy to get. In the AL he is a upper rotation starter. In the NL, he is an ACE. He also is the guy who would have all but delivered the Mets to the promised land.

That was Max's point. In hindsight, OMAR SPIT THE BIT. And Max was right.

Here is the problem with your post.

Billy Beane has the A's in competition every year. He keeps on using his Farm System to replace his FA losses.

But he never wins. He never even wins a playoff round (maybe this year though).

His teams are competative, but lack the 1 or 2 major horses to get over the "hump" and win it all.

This year, the Mets were 1 big time pitcher away from getting over the hump. They had a team built for a WS championship. Maybe Omar did not think so in March, but he knew it by June, when he saw how weak the entire NL is, and how strong his team was. He needed to get that Big Time Pitcher to seal the deal in 2006. He needed to bring in a Zito, or even a Schmidt or Willis (who probably were never really available).

Now, with Pedro done for 2006, and who knows what the future holds. Glavine is no kid anymore, what can you realistically expect from him next year? He is sort of in the same senario the Yankees are with Randy. Zito was the guy to get. In the AL he is a upper rotation starter. In the NL, he is an ACE. He also is the guy who would have all but delivered the Mets to the promised land.

That was Max's point. In hindsight, OMAR SPIT THE BIT. And Max was right.

horrendous analogy, horrendous,,

when mets are consistent, then free agents and midseason trades will be relevant,, not before..

omar will not be bean,, he will make amidseason move when he feels his team is in yesr to yers consistency..

again, who cares,,

yanks fans will make idiotic spins to suit their opinions and mets fans will also make idiotic spins as well,, eye of the beholder syndrome

Do you have 5 year olds typing for you?

man u r a useless poster,, seriously,, u r horrendous,,

u make silly bashing threads, and then when someone bases the mets u r 'polly parrott' with the 'great point' retorts,,

u really are pretty bad,,

Archived