Theres a smell from Miami

SouthernJet

CULPEPPER, SABAN CAUGHT IN A CATFIGHT

With both of the high-profile players that the Minnesota Vikings traded out of town within a 13-month period now officially in the "disgruntled" category in their new environments, the Vikes unofficially have been vindicated for moving them both out of town.

Last week, it was receiver Randy Moss. This week, it's quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald reports that Dolphins coach Nick Saban and quarterback Daunte Culpepper got into a "heated argument" during Friday's practice. Though there are scant details available, it's likely that the controversy is linked to the decision of Saban to shut Culpepper down for Sunday's game, due ostensibly to a shoulder injury. We initially speculated that the move was in reality a benching, and Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported over the weekend that, indeed, the move was a test drive for No. 2 quarterback Joey Harrington.

Defensive end Kevin Carter warned after Sunday's loss to the Patriots that a schism between coach and quarterback could hurt the team. "I think it can [fracture a locker room] if it's not handled the right way," Carter said.

Although Culpepper managed to whine his way out of Minnesota by sending e-mail messages to the media and making unreasonable salary demands, he's met his match with Saban, who'll put his butt on the bench and make him watch Joey Harrington for the rest of the season, if that's what it takes for Culpepper to get the message that it's not about him.

Any qb can look decent with a stable o-line and enough time to look for his open receivers. Now I've never personally watched a game from start to finish but Culpepper never looked good. Every game he's playing so far, he looks slow, he barely moves and doesnt connect with his good receivers, Chambers McMichael or Booker.

He didnt look good in Minnesota, and he still doesnt look good. If they took Bollinger, i think hed do better than Culpepper.

Culpepper is the future. He definitely has a better and more consistent arm that Harrington. C-Pep's decision making is getting faster and faster, but he's taking a real pounding behind our horrid offensive line. You'll see Harrington on sunday.

Culpepper is the future. He definitely has a better and more consistent arm that Harrington. C-Pep's decision making is getting faster and faster, but he's taking a real pounding behind our horrid offensive line. You'll see Harrington on sunday.

Hey man!! Are you going to be at Amedeo's on Sunday for the game??

Harrington will pick apart the Jets lousy defense with quick 3 step drops.

Not too mention Brown will probably run for a buck fifty against the NFL's 29th ranked rushing defense.

Tex, I hear ya, but I actually think the Jacksonville Massacre will be used by Pudgy 'Little Bill' to have the jets put on a good performance,,, just a gut feel..

Culpepper is the future. He definitely has a better and more consistent arm that Harrington.

Why did the Phins offense get away from the quick, 3-step drop that worked so well in the 1st half?

Once the Pats were able to put pressure on Harrington, and force him to throw on the run, he was a different QB.

We have classic 'opposing fan in the room' stories for ya..

doesnt always end well,, unless we win :P

I would love to hear those....of course I have seen my share too. Last week at the bar in Myrtle a guy got punched in the eye and had a chair thrown at him

Tex, I hear ya, but I actually think the Jacksonville Massacre will be used by Pudgy 'Little Bill' to have the jets put on a good performance,,, just a gut feel..

Next week will definitely be a defining game in Mangini's early career.

Maybe the Jets will use their 1st quarter offensive explosiveness and jump out to an early lead.;)

Next week will definitely be a defining game in Mangini's early career.

yes it will,,

I knew we were a 6 game win team AT MOST this year,, I wanted to see schemes, adjustments etc,,

one of the things I was hoping for this year was a ass-whopping to see how this team and the coach responds,,

next week we find out,, a major moment for mangini

Why did the Phins offense get away from the quick, 3-step drop that worked so well in the 1st half?

Once the Pats were able to put pressure on Harrington, and force him to throw on the run, he was a different QB.

prolly cuz the Pats adjusted and brought their dbs way up to the los.

i remember we were talking about the 3 step working during halftime

Speaking of Culpepper....what happened to that guy? I mean, is he really so banged up that he can't run anymore? Or has he gone chicken?

He's looking more and more like Bledsoe back there. Big guy with cinderblock feets.

And since he still can't make any good reads... well, he might still be better than Harrington, but that really doesn't say much.

Harrington will pick apart the Jets lousy defense with quick 3 step drops.

Not too mention Brown will probably run for a buck fifty against the NFL's 29th ranked rushing defense.

If the Phins beat the Jets this Sunday they'll have to use the same formula the Pats used. Strong running game to overcome mediocre play from the QB.

If the Phins beat the Jets this Sunday they'll have to use the same formula the Pats used. Strong running game to overcome mediocre play from the QB.

I think you're underestimating this team. That's ok by me. We're very capable of throwing for 300+ yards on Sunday.

Unfortunately, the Pats have 2 very good RB's, and the Jets have none.

Therefore, one can easily conclude that that formula will not work for the Jets on Sunday.

Smell from Miami? Could be the smell of my monkey butt after I pooped myself on the couch over Sunday's Jax contest. Oh, well. Silver lining is Chad comes out alive, at least disposing of that element of bad karma. Injury hangover and all that.

Jets win this Sunday, though.

Archived