That RTP penalty really needs to be changed.

Thor99

Granted, the way the rule is worded right now, it was the correct call. The call wasn't BS, the rule is.

If you're running straight at the QB, and he doesn't move, how do you tackle him without landing on him? It's impossible. Hopefully, at the end of the season, the rules committee grows a brain cell and changes it.

I'm all for protecting the QB, they are the face of the NFL. But this has gone entirely too far.

While we're protecting QB's, how about throwing a flag on helmet to helmet hits? Well, Bruschi cured cancer, so he should never have a flag thrown against him.

Seriously, Bruschi's hit was so hard that his helmed almost flew off. What were the refs looking at?

Good win. Pats suck.

God forbid a grown man has the full weight of another grown man land on him while he is wearing full pads.

I agree that the rule is totally bogus. Honestly, if that were to hurt someone then they need to get the hell off of the field because they really aren't tough enough to be playing a game like football.

At the bar I was at, the Miami game was on

And Huard got hammered time and time again, much worse.

No call

Can't touch Cynthia outside of a solid shove

that's what I've been railing about for weeks JonE-you watch one game and it gets called and you switch over to another and the same hit OR WORSE doesn't get called

What I did not understand is this. How come if the offense converts that play the 15 yards is tacked on at the end. Yet because it was turned over the penalty isn't tacked onto the end of the play? That makes no sense.

now that is a great question Sherry..

makes no sence to me either

When Bryan Thomas sacked Cindy, I thought for sure they would flag him.

you see the replay on Ellis' game winner? He friggin CRUSHED him-Brady was limping into the locker room at halftime-wonder how that shoulder feels now?

BTW Shawn Ellis makes maybe the biggest D-Line play we've had in a couple of years-he was doing his John Abraham impersonation there-on a 3 man rush!!

you see the replay on Ellis' game winner? He friggin CRUSHED him-Brady was limping into the locker room at halftime-wonder how that shoulder feels now?

BTW Shawn Ellis makes maybe the biggest D-Line play we've had in a couple of years-he was doing his John Abraham impersonation there-on a 3 man rush!!

Where have these guys been all year???

:P

now that is a great question Sherry..

makes no sence to me either

The same play just happened in the Saints/Pitt game and it was 15 yards after the end of the play.....it is ALWAYS called that way. The penalty has nothing to do with the outcome of the play. RTP is a unsportmanlike conduct penalty and tacked onto the end of plays.

The rule is the rule.

It sucks. It was a lame call but it has been called all year.

This crew though is the same crew that did the Indy-Pittsburgh playoff game and we all know what a sh!tty job they did in that game.

I don't think we will be seeing them doing any post season games this year.

What I did not understand is this. How come if the offense converts that play the 15 yards is tacked on at the end. Yet because it was turned over the penalty isn't tacked onto the end of the play? That makes no sense.

I was thinking the same thing, RTP is becuase you hit them AFTER ((( AFTER ))) the throw right?????

SOOOOO if the ball was picked it had nothing to do with the RTP call RIGHTTT????? IT is BS that the INT doesnt count, it should be whatever the play turned out to be and tack the penalty on to the end...

Screw the people who think up these rules...

Can anyone explain to me why it was not 15 yards after the play ended?

I have never seen it called that way before.

Ussually it is 15 yards after the play is over.

I think it's because the penalty occurred before the change of possession.

Good thing that call didnt cost the game.

Well, you can thank Peyton "Don't Touch Me!" Manning for the tweaking of that rule. Momentum should always be taken into consideration, even though Brady was "lifted" off the turf and brought to the ground. The Barton call a few weeks back was even more cr*ppy. I'm all for protecting the QB, but this is a fuggin' contact sport. And, there's no consistency.

I started a thread about this after week one or two, it is officially now out of control beyond even what imagined then, just not real football in any way.

Regardless, the better team won today and the refs couldn't control the outcome of that.

Just like Baker would not have come down in bounds. Heh, I'm surprised they didn't somehow manage to change the rule book on the last snap of the game. You know, just because.

They tried to make sure the pats would win, but our boys in green decided to just came out and PUNCH THE PATS IN THE MOUTH ALL F@CKING DAY!

Archived